Okay, this is my first amp stack I've ever had. I bought a Marshall mg 412a speaker cab off a guy on kijiji (craig's list for canada) and an Orange Dark Terror, both of which I personally tested and worked fine (not together though, I tested the cab with the guys rack mount and the Terror with an orange cab in store) and when I got home and connected them, I got nothing. Not a sound from the speakers. I found out that you're supposed to use speaker cables, not instrument cables, which is what I was using. All I'm trying to figure out here is why my amp was completely silent? If I used an instrument cable, wouldn't I have gotten at least a little bit of noise or something? Did I fry my amp?! What do I do? I'm going to get a proper speaker cable tomorrow to see if that fixes it.
You may have just fried the cable. Let's hope that's what happened instead of frying the amp. You'll find out tomorrow when you get the right cable. It would be odd to get no sound at all, though.

Download and read the manual today, too, so there are no more surprises. I'm sure it's available online.
If you didn't hear anything from the beginning you may have fried something like a fuse, but most likely not the cable - you'd probably have heard something before frying the cable.

Did you check the amp's fuses?
Did you make sure you connected the cab to the right impedance output?

Reading the manual would be a good idea though, so yeah, go on and read it before doing anything else.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I didn't fry the fuse, as far as I know. I took it out from the back of the amp and it seemed intact, nothing loose or anything, and I tried the cord I used to connect the amp and cab AND the guitar amp on another amp, and they were fine.
If you checked that both the cab and the amp worked, and both the cable and the fuses are alright, the problem most likely is in the amp.

I'd check if all the tubes are working, and I'd try the amp with another cab as soon as I had the chance.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Check the mains and HT fuses on the amp

Are the power tubes glowing?

The DT has an FX loop right? plug your guitar into the FX loop return and see if you get any sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate