Poll: We we live in a Society?
Poll Options
View poll results: We we live in a Society?
Yes
18 53%
No
9 26%
Society?
7 21%
Voters: 34.
You know, with laws and morals, and concepts we call all somewhat agree on? I mean, it can be hard to grasp, but by the end of the day, i'm not convinced we live in a society at all. I believe we all live in a suit of skin, that requires daily sustenance to maintain the process of living.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
We we live in a Society?
Yes. We we indeed.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 25, 2014,
I know that the me everyone knows is not the real me. If that goes for everyone, then our society, is not the society we should be living in and we are just torturing ourselves.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
in this day and age we live in a global society
but i basically agree with your last sentence. i think we want to believe we live in a society but most people will **** other strangers over just so they can continue living.
No. We live on the internet. Real life society is merely time away from it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^Our society is chaotic so no.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by AccountAttempt4
^
^Our society is less chaotic than it is peaceful so yes

Ho w can you say that? There are people on the streets getting diseases from monkeys. There are children using guns and knifes, taking drugs and eachother's lives. Just the other day I saw this punk chop off someone's head and I was the only one checking to see if he was dead.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Ho w can you say that? There are people on the streets getting diseases from monkeys. There are children using guns and knifes, taking drugs and eachother's lives. Just the other day I saw this punk chop off someone's head and I was the only one checking to see if he was dead.

It depends on what society you're looking at, and on what scale. Globally I suppose our society does begin to crumble, but I believe that is because when poverty occurs it occurs en masse. Africa for example, might not be regarded as a continent full of society but that is largely because of the sheer inhospitable nature - and this is the main cause of its problems. The thing with poverty and the poor living standards you described is that in these areas there is a lack of empowerment of women and therefore a lack of birth control - this causes swells in the population and so only increases the poverty. Large parts of the western world have got society right thanks to the luck of beneficial geographical conditions and have only begun to spread this sense of society in the past century so and it will no doubt be a long process. However even the violent activity you described is what we would describe as "anti-social," which implies that there is a society to rebel against, otherwise the term would be worthless, wouldn't it? You yourself even express disgust at some of things you have seen which implies that you are conditioned by the humanity's societal thinking.
I was looking for a reason to quote that song, no reason for the wall of text.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
what what is wrong with the world today

Quote by Neo Evil11

WHAT ARE YOUR OVERHEADS
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
If each individual person did not need contact with other humans, was fully independant and self-sustaining, and if reproduction wasn't our #1 priority, there would be no society.

Our current society is the result of all the agreements we've made with eachother in the past (as in, pre-historic past). It started with people wanting a certain food, and co-operated to obtain it, and share it. Next thing you know, people are bartering coinage for services, and today instead of making agreements we enforce opinions and punish those that don't agree.
I enjoy Flight of the Conchords
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
I enjoy Flight of the Conchords

Concur.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Question: Why is this thread not closed when it is a mirror of two other threads that are closed?

Answer: Because UG's mods engage in crony moderation where anyone in the "in" group isn't at risk of the mods closing their threads. Nelshizzle is obviously in the club as a former supermod.

Down with the oligarchy! *grabs torch and fedora*
Nelsean was never put "in" the club. He was the founder.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Summary of relevant complex brain-thought:

Yes, most of us, probably all of us here tend to operate within the parameters of a somewhat cohesive social order.

No, that social order is probably not currently geared towards the greater good, although there are smaller orders within that larger overarching order which tend to be more inherently good than others.
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by TheChaz
Question: Why is this thread not closed when it is a mirror of two other threads that are closed?

Answer: Because UG's mods engage in crony moderation where anyone in the "in" group isn't at risk of the mods closing their threads. Nelshizzle is obviously in the club as a former supermod.

Down with the oligarchy! *grabs torch and fedora*

Haha ur just jealous cuz you're not cool
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
Haha ur just jealous cuz you're not cool

I'm real life cool homie, I don't have to be internet cool