So I once owned a Musicman Petrucci mystic dream 7 string. It was actually my first 7, and I got it at a great price thinking I could flip it later. Which is exactly what happened when I realized I played 7 string about twice a month back then. Now I've started writing a new album and this one will be a heavier project, so I started wanting a 7 again. Came across this little guy for $199 with case out the door and had to snatch it up. Neck-through, dimarzios, not too shabby. I normally dislike the thin ibanez wizard style necks but this one feels great (width from the extra string is probably responsible for that). One of the things I liked best cosmetically about my Jp7 was the paint job and this bugger has a similar one (changes colors, etc).

It plays great though it is bar none the heaviest guitar I've ever tried. If this album gets me playing shows again, I'll have to consider moving the strap button. Besides that gripe, the frets are incredibly well dressed and rounded, and the Dimarzio DActivators really kick (though I predict a set of Bareknuckles entering the picture before I go to the studio to record). It obviously doesn't match up to my old JP7, but it was also 1/10th the price, so...

A few obligatory pics, and then it's off to try and write some quality 7 string riffs.

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.

Makes me want a Destroyer 7 string.

What tuning will you have it in?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I just got back my old 6 string destroyer from the same guy I sold it to 5 years ago, haha.

I think probably just standard 7 string tuning, BEADGBE.
You got that for $199. Nice man. I had a six string back in the day, looking back I didn't like the trem (which you side stepped), neck and pickups were good though. Congrats. HNGD!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
You got that for $199. Nice man. I had a six string back in the day, looking back I didn't like the trem (which you side stepped), neck and pickups were good though. Congrats. HNGD!

Yeah I'm not into trems at all. I have two guitars with trems but both of them are really high quality and I've taken steps to ensure they basically operate exactly as a regular bridge does. Really high quality locking tuners and a well built guitar = no need for the locking nut at all! Tunes up like a regular guitar too, and no messing with fine tuners, etc.

And yep, the price tag was really my main impetus for getting it. After about two hours of play time, I gotta say I'm digging it. Gonna be on the lookout for a used set of Bareknuckles to really make her shine!
Very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I fricking love the Xiphos guitar shape. Kinda sad that Ibanez doesnt make them currently. A 7 string neck through Xiphos for 199$ I think that was an amazing deal. Congrats man.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Very nice

Consider looking into the 7 string version of the Fastback Beardcombers, Drewsif Stalin did a sick demo of them in this exact guitar (I think, same shape, construction, etc...) on youtube.
Thanks folks. Masoo, I've actually never heard of that. Going to check it out. I'm a Bareknuckle man through and through but always up for trying a new company.
Quote by CustomAxe
Thanks folks. Masoo, I've actually never heard of that. Going to check it out. I'm a Bareknuckle man through and through but always up for trying a new company.

The Beardcombers are supposedly very close to the BKP Juggs, so that might be a plus.
I tried to look up some demos but of course they mean nothing because they're not close to my setup, and its all professionally produced. I might still give it a shot though, since its affordable...