Can you tell me something more about Line 6 amps? I would like to know something more about them since I'm planning on buying a new amp.I play mostly black metal.
Some are OK, some are terrible.

You would be far better off reading this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2

Answer those questions & you'll get relevant recommendations.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I wouldn't recommend anything they make for black metal. Not as a first choice anyway.

What style of BM are you trying to sound like? Old school like Burzum/Darkthrone shit, or modern like Naglfar/Dimmu Borgir?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Get a Peavey Bandit 112 and a Boss HM-2, and you'll be golden. You can get both used for around/under $200.

If you can't find an HM-2 for a sane price (they are relatively sought after), the Digitech Death Metal is surprisingly good. They typically go for around $20-$25.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 26, 2014,
Line 6 ain't what you're looking for, man. I'd say 80% of the amps they make are awful. Stay away from any of the solid state Spider amps. Tube amps are a different story, those are more up to personal taste and what you do with them.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I relate Boss HM-2 more with Death metal than Black Metal. Boosting a solid state amp with a Metal Zone however works really well (as standalone distortion its a piece of shit without modding). Set Dist off and Level about 2-3 a'clock produces quite good old school black metal distortion.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at May 26, 2014,
Quote by TheStig1214
Line 6 ain't what you're looking for, man. I'd say 80% of the amps they make are awful. Stay away from any of the solid state Spider amps. Tube amps are a different story, those are more up to personal taste and what you do with them.

Sorry, but your wrong.

Yes the Spider is not all that great, it is still light years above what I had to choose from when I was a teen.

But the rest of the L6 amps have been quite good if not great. The Flextone series is very nice and cheap used. The Duo-tone is also great for the more mellow styles of music, but can get fairly heavy. The HD147 is a great Metal amp. The Vetta is also a great do all amp.

so the Spider series is 80% of what they make? Don't make up a number to look like you know something, when you have no clue

The HD 147 would probably work quite well, but you also need a cab

Offworld has a good suggestion also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well,which amp do you recommend me then? I have a really lame rig consisting of Squier by Fender Bullet Strat,Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and Marshall MG10CD amp. I can get a solid sound from this but the problem is,the amp has no EQ options,it only has the overdrive and a midrange control knob (which is not really helpful),so I would like to buy a new amp with more and better options.
Before we start throwing the old "SPiders are crapzorz" around - it's worth mentioning what environment you'll use it in too.

If you're at home only, Any of the Spider range will be just fine. Yes, the non valve ones are solid state, but the advantage here is that as you probably won't drive the volume high enough - it'll sound just fine.

If you want volume/ will be in a band - then the Spider Valve, HD or DT range will do really well.

Best thing as always is to try some out for yourself. Line 6 have come such a long way, so even the newer spiders are worth considering. But always be aware of what your options are. Some other amps in this bracketlike Line 6's to consider:

Peavey Vypyr
Peavey Bandit
Peavey VIP
Blackstar HT range
Orange Terror/ Dark Terror

An upshot of the Vypyr/ Line 6's are the inbuilt effects. Granted not as pure as separates - but good enough.

It all depends on how much you're willing to "chase tone". Even after 15 years, i'm still trying to find the right sound - but I need flexibility too. That's why I bought the Line 6 DT50. A fantastic amp that can multi task really well.

If all that doesn't help - then simply go to a store and try amps out. Your ears won't let you down
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
Quote by LocusMortis
Well,which amp do you recommend me then? I have a really lame rig consisting of Squier by Fender Bullet Strat,Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and Marshall MG10CD amp. I can get a solid sound from this but the problem is,the amp has no EQ options,it only has the overdrive and a midrange control knob (which is not really helpful),so I would like to buy a new amp with more and better options.

Budget?
New/Used?
Location?
Home/gigs?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by LocusMortis

Go try some in a few different stores. I would deff suggest you get an amp with a 12" speaker, it will sound best with what you are playing
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm looking for something that would suit well at home since I'm making a one-man black metal project and I really don't think that this gear/rig of mine would be that useful.
Quote by tas38
Budget?
New/Used?
Location?
Home/gigs?

+1

Give us this
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Alright,so:
As I said I'm looking for something that would suit me well at home,and I have like 230 euros. There are no instrument stores in my town since it's small. And I would prefer a new amp.
Quote by LocusMortis
Alright,so:
As I said I'm looking for something that would suit me well at home,and I have like 230 euros. There are no instrument stores in my town since it's small. And I would prefer a new amp.

You can get this amp http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_lx65d.htm

With this pedal http://www.thomann.de/gb/digitech_death_metal.htm

Also check out this pedal, you might like it better than the Digitech for the sound you're going for: http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_extreme_metal.htm

And be pretty set. I have no idea where in the EU you are, but they have power adapters from $5-10. Get whichever one is right for your power.

Ex http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_power_supply_dc_9v_uk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_ntac109.htm

Make sure it's 9V negative center (positive outside).

Quote by MaaZeus
I relate Boss HM-2 more with Death metal than Black Metal. Boosting a solid state amp with a Metal Zone however works really well (as standalone distortion its a piece of shit without modding). Set Dist off and Level about 2-3 a'clock produces quite good old school black metal distortion.

Yeah, it is more associated with death metal for sure, but it really just depends on how you dial it in. You can definitely get that high end out of it, no problem. I have one.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 26, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Sorry, but your wrong.

Yes the Spider is not all that great, it is still light years above what I had to choose from when I was a teen.

But the rest of the L6 amps have been quite good if not great. The Flextone series is very nice and cheap used. The Duo-tone is also great for the more mellow styles of music, but can get fairly heavy. The HD147 is a great Metal amp. The Vetta is also a great do all amp.

so the Spider series is 80% of what they make? Don't make up a number to look like you know something, when you have no clue

The HD 147 would probably work quite well, but you also need a cab

Offworld has a good suggestion also.

You're preaching to the choir, bud haha. I have a Spider Valve and love it.

You can't argue, though, that a majority or Line 6 amps out there are the solid state Spiders. I personally don't see many Flextones or 147s out there new or used.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
You're preaching to the choir, bud haha. I have a Spider Valve and love it.

You can't argue, though, that a majority or Line 6 amps out there are the solid state Spiders. I personally don't see many Flextones or 147s out there new or used.

+3.1415.

i think i see at least 10 spiders to every other Line6 around here/ probably more. observation not statistic.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by TheStig1214

OK, I'll give that to you

I used to have a SV HD100 mk1 and it was a good amp, but really opened up when I installed the Strymon SVpre in it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate