Hi there, according to you, what is the best recording software? And do you know if it's possible to get it for free? And, what is the minimal computer config that I need to performe that software?
Quote by bizzybujo
Hi there, according to you, what is the best recording software?
It's a matter of preference.
Me myself, I prefer logic.
Quote by bizzybujo
And do you know if it's possible to get it for free?
We have a pirate here...
Quote by bizzybujo
And, what is the minimal computer config that I need to performe that software?
For logic 8, any mac with mac os x will do.
For logic 9, any mac with with at least mac os x 10.6-
For logic 10, which is the only one they sell now, any mac with at least mac os x 10.8.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by bizzybujo
And do you know if it's possible to get it for free?

Did you steal your guitar? I'm guessing not. Don't steal any of your other tools.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Reaper, and disregard the piracy comments they are brainwashed to believe that copying something is the same as stealing it.
Quote by sykryk
Use Reaper.

It's free too!
No it isn't, it just has a free trial.

Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
Reaper, and disregard the piracy comments they are brainwashed to believe that copying something is the same as stealing it.

Piracy is stealing. Fact.

From the forum rules:
# Promoting or encouraging piracy of any form (software or music piracy; not the 'Arg! Avast ye landlubbers!' kind). Repeat offenders will skip straight to instant bans.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at May 26, 2014,
Garageband. Free with a Mac.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Personal preference and it has a lot to do with what you learn on. I learnt how to record and mix with Pro Tools.

Not free.
Reaper has a pretty long free trial and doesn't cost much anyway.

I'm running Pro Tools 11 on a 5 year old quad-core, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 desktop.
I think their minimum is either 2 or 3 gig of RAM.

If you really want free, Audacity.
Gets the job done at least...
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J

It's only not stealing if you don't actually intend to use it seriously as it wouldn't count as a lost sale. If you're looking to getting in to audio production that excuse doesn't really fly as if you're going to get into audio production you NEED a DAW.

Reaper is like $50. Piracy is basically inexcusable when that's an option.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 26, 2014,
I'm sorry if I offend you, but I think that you don't understand the meaning of my question. I want to know if I can have a free recording software somewhere. My Avast is free and I did'nt steal it....
Audacity is free, I think it does some tracking.

Several free DAWs for Linux where the OS is also free, there are also I think a few ports of these for Mac and Windows.

Here is one of the more popular:
http://ardour.org/

He's a begging little bastard but you don't have to pay but you'll go through 5 beg screens before you reach d/load

These is also Rosegarden which might also have a Windows port.
http://www.hitsquad.com/DAW-Software/
Last edited by diabolical at May 26, 2014,
I would start with Reaper. It's a full featured DAW and is about 1/14 the cost of Pro Tools, which it in a lot of ways exceeds.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm in the same boat, think I'll get reaper first just because I don't have a few hundred dollars to spend on pro tools right now but $60 sound very reasonable for my first songs.
Quote by oneblackened
I would start with Reaper. It's a full featured DAW and is about 1/14 the cost of Pro Tools, which it in a lot of ways exceeds.

I was going to say this.

Nah, but yeah. Use Reaper. Try until the 60 day trial runs out. And then, if you like it after that, pay for it. If you don't like it, try out some trial versions of other DAWs, I suppose.