Hi there, i'm looking for the rectifier sound, i mostly play pop punk and rock not much brutal rectifier metal
I have the fender mustang 1 ,i like the american 90s amp but the amp seems to do clean stuff much better that high gain

The pod hd looks good too, any other option?
What's your budget and why does it have to be a modeler?
'cause a kemper would be my first thought, after an actual rectoverb.

The pod HD stuff is good indeed anyway, so getting that would be a nice idea for the high gain tones and the rest of the sounds and the effects and such.
You'd need a decent set of headphones or speakers to make it sound good though, I reckon it'd sound pretty bad through a mustang 1.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
For the hell of it, I just jammed with the dual rectifier model on my Zoom G3. I used single coil, p90 and humbucker guitars through a Randall RM Blackface and a powered speaker. I can tell its on a mesa amp model but it sounds like ass regardless so, if it helps at all, don't get a G3 for rectifier tones.

That tone is very distinct though, I'm sure its gotta be one of the toughest amps to model right. And if you can afford a mfx that will pull it off, you can probably stretch it to an actual dual rec.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The only amp sims I'd say provide a convincing Recto tone would be AxeFx, Revalver, and some of the Line6 Pod/HD/whatever they're called now. You could also check out the Mesa pedals but with a Fender amp, you're better off with amp sims.
Really depends on your budget man. I can only assume you don't have upwards of $1500 to spend on a used AXE-FX. Your best bet would one of the POD HD's, or even an Eleven Rack.

You can get an HD Bean for like $200, or an Eleven Rack without pro tools for $350~
My budget is around $600, i just sold my dual recto and the 2x12 cab :P i was thinking in the pod hd because i only need it for home recording and maybe very small gigs
I love how mesa sounds in a pop punk/rock set up and even smooth leads thus i want something with that mesa tone, not super brutal 7 string metal like almost every video out there of the pod hd
You sold a Recto and now want something that sounds like a Recto? Hmmmm.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Im pretty sure he sold it because its too loud for decent home recording. a POD HD500X would be ideal at your budget, though youd need some speakers if you want to play a gig. its $500 and it get a really good Dual Rec type tone for recording and live.

only real downside to this pedal is that theres a delay slight but noticable delay when switching between amp models and effects.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by lucky1978
For the hell of it, I just jammed with the dual rectifier model on my Zoom G3. I used single coil, p90 and humbucker guitars through a Randall RM Blackface and a powered speaker. I can tell its on a mesa amp model but it sounds like ass regardless so, if it helps at all, don't get a G3 for rectifier tones.

I get a pretty decent Rectifier-style tone for my metalcore band from a Zoom MS-100BT with the "Alien" amp model, the "ZNR" noise gate model and the "T Scream" overdrive model.
And it's decent enough for live use when I don't want to lug my amp and the whole pedalboard to the venue.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
I get a pretty decent Rectifier-style tone for my metalcore band from a Zoom MS-100BT with the "Alien" amp model, the "ZNR" noise gate model and the "T Scream" overdrive model.
And it's decent enough for live use when I don't want to lug my amp and the whole pedalboard to the venue.

Thats fine if you like it. I would pass
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978

That tone is very distinct though, I'm sure its gotta be one of the toughest amps to model right. And if you can afford a mfx that will pull it off, you can probably stretch it to an actual dual rec.

I have a feeling that it sounded bad because of what you were running it through.
If your cool with an amp look for a used mesa rectoverb combo.

If you want a MFX Line 6 POD HD500
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by TheFlyingTaco
My budget is around $600, i just sold my dual recto and the 2x12 cab :P i was thinking in the pod hd because i only need it for home recording and maybe very small gigs

The Pod HD (bean) might be perfect for you. Well under budget (they've been sighted for $199 and a bit below that used). There are some extremely heavy models on there, but I think starting with the "PARK" amp and working toward more gain is probably a good way of moving toward the Recto sound. Pose the same question on the Line 6 forum, though. Or check out the vettaville.com forums.