So this is the deal, today was one of those days, where my right hand and left hand were in perfect sync. this happens maybe 2 times a month. and then there comes a period of week or two when I just f*cking suck and want to crash my guitar.
At the moment I cannot believe to my ears how good I am But based on previous experiences I'm pretty sure that this will not last long. Tomorrow I'll probably suck again. Anybody has similar experiences and advices/ I really like my playing at the moment
Happens to everyone. The thing that really changes with time and practice is that your worst days become better and your good days become much more consistent.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Happens to everyone. The thing that really changes with time and practice is that your worst days become better and your good days become much more consistent.

Pretty much it.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250
Pretty much it.

The thing is, as I mentioned in the thread, almost every day is like a bad day to me. I rarely have good days. Isn't is supposed to be vice versa? I've been playing for over year and a half now and It's frustrating me I wanna quit guitar. Could this be happening due to overpracticing or something?
^ a year and a half in guitar terms isn't really that long. Yes, some people are really good after this amount of time, but I know myself that I wasn't great after a year and a half. Keep practicing and, like Zaphod said, your good days will become more consistent. And don't quit!
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
Guys I ripped my callus on my ring finger. I've been playing for a couple of months with 11 gauge strings on standard tuning and now it hurts when I bend and I do vibrato. The white skin tore apart and my skin is soft again and it hurts a lot when I bend. What do I do now ?
Quote by StefanWylde
it'd take at least a week to heal

Then dont play for a week.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Go ahead and play. Just don't play with rusty strings.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Yeah everybody has good and bad days. Personally I think it depends on if if I had a good night's sleep, if I had enough caffeine (but not too much) and if I'm tired from whatever I did that day (either mentally or physically) or feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Quote by Sickz
Then dont play for a week.

Exactly
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm having the same problem. I've switched to playing with a pick because i assumed it was my nails changing from day to day.

It's like everything sounds shit on a bad day. A strum sounds bad. I need to figure this out.
I can't play the ****ing Knocking on Heavens door solo properly! sorry about the cursing guys i'm really frustrated and sad
i cannot play a fraction of this
Last edited by StefanWylde at Jun 5, 2014,
Sorry, but you don't need to post every time your playing either surpasses or fails to meet you expectations.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com