Hello forum, I own a Cort Kx5 (one of my options for replacing my old Cort X1) I dont want something expensive, Its just for hobby, but, something better than X1 though, I cornered my options to two guitars

-> Cort Kx5

-> ibanez GRG121DX

I dont want double-locking tremolo, I play Metalcore (Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, Lamb of God) so I drop tune to Drop D tunned down one hole Step (aka Drop C), after playing the used Cort KX5 I bought, I feel it doesn´t have the sound I wanted to, Is quality builded but I dont now, I dont like it, when I told to some other guitaris about replacing the KX5 with the GRG121DX they says is like "turning back" in terms of quality of the guitar, but Im very confused, them are medium-low edge guitars, but what do you guys think? I keep the KX5 or get the GRG121DX?
Here's just my two cents, but I got a GRG121DX a couple years ago and I play in Drop B with it, so it has held up for me at least. Then again, I replaced the bridge pickup to get a better sound, but I'm not sure how well it would sound in Drop C with the stock bridge pickup. I haven't heard much about Cort's, so I couldn't tell you. Hope this helps.
Quote by bandito764
Here's just my two cents, but I got a GRG121DX a couple years ago and I play in Drop B with it, so it has held up for me at least. Then again, I replaced the bridge pickup to get a better sound, but I'm not sure how well it would sound in Drop C with the stock bridge pickup. I haven't heard much about Cort's, so I couldn't tell you. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot dude! this helps quite a lot, I needed the opinion of someone else playing in drop tune with this axe, Im thinking when buying it, buy a EMGhz H4 for the bridge and a EMGhz H4A for the neck replacing the stock pickups
I'm not 100% clear on whether you want a different kind of trem or don't want a trem at all. Also unclear as to your budget.

However, I think these are worth looking at:

Godin's Redline HB: a HH hardtail Superstrat, made in Canada. High quality for the price.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/godin-redline-hb-electric-guitar/620135000872422?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CIqQla2Fy74CFWgF7AodsgcARA&kwid=productads-plaid%5E43618355924-sku%5E620135000872422@ADL4MF-adType%5EPLA-device%5Et-adid%5E30430031067

Fernandes' Dragonfly line: another hardtail HH Superstrat, most of these are MiK. They're usually more expensive, but Fernandes is putting a limited supply of their guitars on clearance- when they're gone, they're gone.
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/28-dragonfly

Also on sale from Fernandes, this Revolver Deluxe, which has EMGs:
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/revolver/72-revolver-deluxe.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 26, 2014,
Quote by alfredocbejaran
Thanks a lot dude! this helps quite a lot, I needed the opinion of someone else playing in drop tune with this axe, Im thinking when buying it, buy a EMGhz H4 for the bridge and a EMGhz H4A for the neck replacing the stock pickups

Hey no problem man, I put a Seymour Duncan Distortion in mine. I hear the HZ Emg's are great!