Bought it second hand a long time ago and it works fine with a battery but as soon as I plug a 9V adapter into it, it quits on me!

I'm using a center neg. 1 spot PSU with 1A output. The same adapter works fine with my Bad Monkey. I'm 95% sure the problem lies within the pedal.

Is a problem like this going to be an easy fix for a rookie like me or what? It is possible that a few years ago I accidentally tried to power it with a center positive PSU. Not sure if that would've broken it or not but as far as I know it has never worked with a PSU. Item was purchased second hand :'(

The insides look okay to me but I can post pictures tomorrow if needed.
you might get better answers in G B&C. there are definitely some pedal builder/fixer types in here (not me ) but I'm guessing you might get more help in there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by wildozer
Bought it second hand a long time ago and it works fine with a battery but as soon as I plug a 9V adapter into it, it quits on me!

I'm using a center neg. 1 spot PSU with 1A output. The same adapter works fine with my Bad Monkey. I'm 95% sure the problem lies within the pedal.

Is a problem like this going to be an easy fix for a rookie like me or what? It is possible that a few years ago I accidentally tried to power it with a center positive PSU. Not sure if that would've broken it or not but as far as I know it has never worked with a PSU. Item was purchased second hand :'(

The insides look okay to me but I can post pictures tomorrow if needed.

use a battery just make sure to unplug the input when not in use. they are not cheap, but my parents and neighbors replace the batteries in their smoke detectors and give me 9V's. i have probably over 50 now... lol. and everybody is safe, and i get free 9V that are fine.

i only use a 9V with my proctavia and my tuner pedals( i have them at the spot where my friends are watching my other gear while i am playing). and its just on for 30 seconds. they last a while. i haven't actually actually depleted a 9V this year yet... lol.

go ask at the pedal board thread. it should be on the first page.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/