I'm wanting to start basic home recordings, I'll be programming my drums and recording guitar, bass and vocals through a mic. I'm looking at a Roland Edirol DA-2496, who's had experience with it? All I need is an interface that I can use with any software, that I can connect to my computer and layer tracks with no latency or lag. Might not be enough info but... anyways. Thanks.
Quote by MattCox12345
Might not be enough info
Looks like you got it.
We need to know your budget, else we can't really give you much worthwhile suggestions.

The Edirol is old, you may have troubles with the drivers, especially if you're running windows.
It also doesn't have much pre's.
And, we don't know how much they're asking you for it, so it might or might not be a good deal depending on that.

If you wanna go for an interface that big, have a look at the mackie onyx blackbird and the focusrite saffire 40 and the focusrite liquid saffire 56 and the rme fireface 800 and the rme fireface 802 and a used apogee ensamble if you have a mac or the UA apollo if you have the money.

You don't sound like you wanna record a whole lot of stuff at the same time though, so you might as well just get a simple, small, relatively cheap interface - a mackie onyx blackjack for example, or a focusrite saffire 6, or a UA apollo quad or an apogee quartet, again if you have a mac.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah that's right. I'll be just overdubbing everything myself so I don't need some fancy multitrack recorder. I'm on windows 8. Not wanting to spend too much, around $100 if possible. Just something basic that i can record with easily.
$100 will get you more or less nowhere.

If you don't have a firewire port on your computer, the focusrite 2i4 is what I'd go for on the cheap, but mind it doesn't really sound awesome for the price.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
^ for that money, TS may as well get a firewire PCIe card + an onyx blackjack, which sounds hella better than any of the focusrite USB interfaces I've heard.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Not everyone is a fan of firewire though.

Also, you can get used Scarlett 6s for about $150 on eBay.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 27, 2014,
Firewire only really becomes useful when you're running more inputs.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Firewire is useful because you can send more current through firewire ports.
The reason why the scarlett's that only run on usb don't really sound good is that the pres don't have enough current to make a decent job.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola