Im thinking of an Italian walnut body, 4A Flame maple cap, walnut/maple neck and ebony makasser fretboard. Pickup wise I am going for two BNK Black Dogs. How do you think this would sound?
Like a guitar, I'm guessing

It's hard to know for sure, especially when using more exotic woods like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it will be somewhat like a mahogany body with a maple cap. It will be slightly brighter but similar
Not taking any online orders.
Yeah probably. Also depends on how thick the maple cap is, how much of the neck will be maple and how much walnut, etc. And also on the specific bits of wood.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It would certainly be on the bright side, but mostly I'd worry that it would be heavy! Depends on the individual pieces you get obviously but walnut and maple are both rather dense. You'd probably be ok with a thinline superstrat style but if this is an Explorer or a Les Paul type build you might want to check with your chiropractor first.
Quote by Roc8995
It would certainly be on the bright side, but mostly I'd worry that it would be heavy! Depends on the individual pieces you get obviously but walnut and maple are both rather dense. You'd probably be ok with a thinline superstrat style but if this is an Explorer or a Les Paul type build you might want to check with your chiropractor first.

The shape is a slight modification of Bill Delap's guitar he made for Allan Holdsworth, so it is quite a small body.
Quote by Roc8995

It won't be as bright as you might think. My guess is that it's slightly darker than expected because of the oil in the wood, just like rosewood is extremely dense but full of oil making it equally dark, but I don't actually know that for sure. It will be quite heavy but i've never played a guitar that was too heavy for a 2 hr gig and at home I just sit down.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at May 28, 2014,