Good morning

Two months ago I bought the digitech rp255 multi effects pedal and the cubase software cd was with it

Anyway yesterday I thought about trying it after the installation was done I opened it but the program isn't picking up my guitar

I don't if this has something to do with it but I thought maybe I need to connect something .. this is how its connected now(guitar > rp255>"usb" laptop "cable" amp)

So any one have an idea ?

Thanks
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at May 27, 2014,
if the 255 is anything like the 355 it's just as suitable as a guitar link. Just make a clean patch with no effects or amp sims and record with the USB.

What program are you using? have you armed your track for recording and selected the 255 as your audio device? is it playing back any other sounds through the 255 or not?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Iirc, the rp255 pedal isn't the best device to be recording with. I would buy an actual recording interface. If money is a concern, buy a GuitarLink for $10 (plus shipping) on eBay or whatever.

Check out the interfaces sticky though, before you do anything else:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541771

actually im not that serious about recording just want to try it
Quote by chatterbox272
if the 255 is anything like the 355 it's just as suitable as a guitar link. Just make a clean patch with no effects or amp sims and record with the USB.

What program are you using? have you armed your track for recording and selected the 255 as your audio device? is it playing back any other sounds through the 255 or not?

it worked

but i cant get the guitar sound louder than the track or the in same range
turn the track down? once you've recorded and your levels are right then you can turn the master volume up and use limiting/compression to bring it up to a suitable level.