This will soon be out through NWN! and it is not something to be missed. I don't say this lightly when I consider this one of my most anticipated Black Metal releases of the year, along with all the young kids doing crazy stuff in Iceland out of nowhere. More on that in another thread for another time...

You can listen to it now on Bandcamp
https://illomenvoid.bandcamp.com/album/enthroning-the-bonds-of-abhorrence

I normally reserve myself from online previews but my anticipation grew. I desired a wretched descent into crypts and dark. What I got was that and more. Respecting the classic Black Metal formula while giving it life (death?) that accelerates its morbid descent into wormridden and ancient soil.

Musically you'll find trem picking that is not unwarranted or tiresome which is increasingly more and more difficult to find nowadays in Black Metal; Tasteful dissonance with aberrant purpose; Breathy revenant vocals and an impeccable talent for song structure and an album whose pace is reminiscent of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Combine that with a penchant for grandiose climaxes and lurching rhythyms and you'll be roughly halfway to the amount of awesome this album is.

Put on your favorite headphones with a scowl and brood like only a necromancer can.

And as always, NSFA! Not Safe For ANUS!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at May 28, 2014,

Lel.

In other words, it's not available for sale yet. Still, it's a good record, imho.

I'm gonna go brood while blasting it some more now!
Someone made the $666 donation...

And I knew it wasn't out, hence why I said it will be out soon. Not now, soon.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Apparently it was to deter people from DL'ing it as they were going to put it up later but someone didn't get the memo and just paid the $666 for it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Praise the Dark Lord!

It's not bad. The guitars have this cool trumpet-esque sound to them in some sections, which is pretty different.
One of the better omens out there. The music is dangerously close to what I would expect from Dodsengel, and the sound is much more ethereal and ghostly sounding. Highly enjoyable!