Well guys, My amp is fried, the output transformer in my windsor is fried, so about 200 to replace it and clean it up and service it. But my friend has offerred to buy it off of me for 200 bucks. So I believe I'm going to take that deal. I really don't want to buy another windsor after this one blew. so heres all the stuff

My budget is right at 500 firm.
I play in a pop punk band, lots of gigging.
I need some clean, not super pristine but I like clean. (I also do some funk stuff)
My rig is an agile 3000 or washburn idol going into the EHX soul food, into an octafuzz, into a delay, into well, whatever i get, then into a randall 4x12 with jaguar speakers.
I live in West Virginia.
I will ONLY buy used.

Okay guys, I kind of want at least 30 watts, I do a lot of volume knob stuff to clean up my sound, so I feel like 15 watts won't give me the head room I'm going to need, (otherwise I'd buy a jim root terror) I've already owned a classic 30 and wasn't the biggest fan of it. I've considered a bassman or a bandmaster if I could find one at that price. Otherwise what are some nice heads I should consider? I only NEED one channel, anything else is gravy.

Thanks in advance guys!
Mesa F-30 or F-50 head. Can be found for around $500 used. Just use the clean channel if you like but the OD is really very good.

Traynor YBA-1 head can be found cheap on the east coast.
http://traynoramps.com/legacy/discontinued/product/yba-1/

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Plenty of amp to push your 4x12 and you can just take the combo for small gigs.

All of these are well built, gig quality, and sound great.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
See if you can find a JCM900 on the used market withing budget. This is one of the few cases where I'd be recommending the bog standard, much maligned Dual Reverb variety of JCM900. The clean channel is really nice on them and can pull some great funk tones. The crunch is ok too if you wind the gain up a bit.
The second channel is pure punk. I play in a punk band btw. I don't use my 900 because I have something better but it's a backup amp I'd be happy enough to use. Sure mine is better than normal 900's but still ....... good punk amp. Even for that anti-punk nonsense they call pop punk.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
JCM2000 DSL100/DSL50 or the biggest jet city, the one with the depth control.
Or an ampeg GVT52 if you don't mind a combo, that has amazing cleans and a decent crunch, so you can use the cleans and pedals or a bit of crunch + pedals.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Hey guys! I was unaware the f-30/50 was in my price range! Ill keep an eye out! But isnt the yba-1 a bass amp?

I like the 900 we used it for almost everything on our album, sounds really thick and resonant. And i agree with you bub, pop punk is definitely anti punk haha, i grew up on black flag and at the drive in. (:

Spambot, do you find the dsl too thin? Thats what my ears have always told me but I wont count them out just yet. I looked at jet xitys as well, but I worry about them being chinese made as i just had a chinese amo blow on me. Not saying chinese stuff is bad! But i really thought that windsor would last me forever haha.
Quote by ColeFleming
Spambot, do you find the dsl too thin?
Not really, but if you do find them thin just go to the next option :P
Quote by ColeFleming
I looked at jet xitys as well, but I worry about them being chinese made as i just had a chinese amo blow on me. Not saying chinese stuff is bad! But i really thought that windsor would last me forever haha.
Well some chinese made stuff is definitely unreliable, see bugera.
Some chinese made stuff though is hella reliable, see blackheart and jet city.

I understand your worries, but jet city's are well made indeed.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Well guys, I pulled the trigger on a tweaker 40. It was 400 bucks and in mint condition, I need an amp before the 6th so it was now or never haha, thanks for the input guys.
Quote by ColeFleming
Hey guys! I was unaware the f-30/50 was in my price range! Ill keep an eye out! But isnt the yba-1 a bass amp?

Yep, so was the Fender Bassman. Both are excellent guitar amps as well with a very similar circuit design. The Traynor is a "stealth" Bassman for less $$. I currently gig with the F-30 and I like.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY