I watched him all day and I never saw him shiv anyone
30 22%
so I know not all black people are bad but
33 24%
stereotypes exist for a reason, I'm not racist
40 29%
Voters: 138.
Page 1 of 2
Yeah, probably. I may not consciously be racist but as a result of the global society I live in, I've likely internalized some of its ideals, even if I consciously resist them. Which is why learning to identify forms of prejudice is pretty important to me.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 28, 2014,
I might make a racist comment or bad joke here or there but I'm really a nice guy who's totally not a racist.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I'd fit a lot of people's definitions of racist, sure. And no, none of them can make me ashamed of anything
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I'm pretty racist. In a good way though.

Not in a "must extinguish the race of my choosing because I feel superior/inferior to their social/cultural stance" but in a "so a wetback a kike and a rugby player walk into a bar.." kind of way.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I don't understand the poll.

nor the question.

Huh?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I do stereotype people. Like Southern Europeans: they are always late. Chinese people: always work hard. so yeah... >.> Dutch people: always really cheap.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
i dont like french people much, but otherwise nah..
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Huh, what?

I'm a white American. Of course I stereotype people.

EDIT: I don't want to, but it's natural that I take a person's race into consideration. TS instruct me how I can overcome this.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at May 28, 2014,
Should we overcome this? It's very fun and keeps you safe. Without it it'd be a bland society. Sure we can do without the wars, ethnic cleansing, diversity disadvantaging, but in the end we all are stereotyped by what another person perceives and has experienced. Hardcore shit I know, but it's the truth and we should embrace our differences instead of casting them to the fire.

#imoplsdonttrekmeyo
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I have nothing against anyone of any race but if someone tells a racist joke based on a stereotype i'll probably laugh
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
sometimes i am racist in a positive way. for example i always perceive black people to be very cool and find it difficult to imagine a black MLP fan for example.
I'm a self hating racist, I'm not fond of white people even though I am white
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Nelshizzle
Should we overcome this? It's very fun and keeps you safe. Without it it'd be a bland society. Sure we can do without the wars, ethnic cleansing, diversity disadvantaging, but in the end we all are stereotyped by what another person perceives and has experienced. Hardcore shit I know, but it's the truth and we should embrace our differences instead of casting them to the fire.

#imoplsdonttrekmeyo

I agree. Stereotyping happens natural. What isn't okay is treating others unfairly because of stereotypes.

I'm sure I'm unconsciously racist because I know a lot of racist people and have probably absorbed stuff from them but I try to be nice to everyone unless they are mean to me.
cat
only towards scandinavians

nah but seriously as a dark skinned cluster**** of races ive put up with quite a bit of shit in my life but it was typically from other visible minorities.. it's so cold in the borough

Last edited by MinterMan22 at May 28, 2014,
Quote by MinterMan22
only towards scandinavians

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Go do some scandinavian stuff, you scandinavian. This is for non-scandinavians.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
no.

I've even let go of my remaining prejudice towards irish travellers.

I do stereotype people based on their obvious cultures, but that is inescapable these days.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
no.

I've even let go of my remaining prejudice towards irish travellers.

Understandable, now that there are more terrorist attacks in London than in Ireland.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Go do some scandinavian stuff, you scandinavian. This is for non-scandinavians.

go eat some tulips in your windmill you paedophile-neighboring Lowlands-complexed boy.

top bantz right here
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Neo Evil11
Understandable, now that there are more terrorist attacks in London than in Ireland.

my disdain for them in the past had nothing to do with terrorism, more perceiving them to all have a legally questionable transient lifestyle, delinquency, vandalism and a general refusal to engage with the rest of society in a respectable manner. mostly the same reasons people don't like roma gypsies but a lot of people have the impression the irish travellers have more criminal tendencies.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Nah, I just think we all should have one as a footstool
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
go eat some tulips in your windmill you paedophile-neighboring Lowlands-complexed boy.

top bantz right here

Y u do dis to me.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I catch myself stereotyping people sometimes, so yeah I guess. But I try to never act on those thoughts.
It's a complex issue for me.

I'm not racist consciously because I would never discriminate against somebody based on their skin colour, but I think I am subconsciously because I only really find white women attractive (but this may change in the future) and I don't really have any non-white friends. I was brought up in a very white environment so that may be the reason for that.

However, since working in the city I've become a lot more open and things are starting to change for me. I think it's impossible for anybody who grew up in a 99.999% white environment to not be a little bit racist.

Also making a racist joke doesn't make you a racist.
I don't know really I'm not too keen on Middle Easterners mainly based on negative experiences with them in the past (mainly being sent death treats and they threatened to rape my friends 3 year old sisters.) So I try to avoid them but I don't actively hate them.
I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally seriously though, I'll call anyone out for stupidity and make comments about stupid and evil crap everyone does and somehow that makes me racist whenever it has to do with a race that's not my own. Its not like I say it about a specific group, I just call it like I see it.

It usually goes something like this:
Me: (Horrifying news story plays on TV) "I hate people like him"
Other person: "why, because he's [Hispanic/black/Canadian/etc.]?"
Me: "....no, because he murder-raped three children. That's why I hate people like him...that is, murder-rapists"
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I'm not racist consciously because I would never discriminate against somebody based on their skin colour, but I think I am subconsciously because I only really find white women attractive (but this may change in the future) and I don't really have any non-white friends. I was brought up in a very white environment so that may be the reason for that.

Yeah it's kinda like this for me except I only really find non-white girls attractive.

dunno if sexual preference really counts as racism
Last edited by captainsnazz at May 28, 2014,
I don't have hatred towards others for their race. But I use racial slurs all the time. I say Jesus Christ in vain all the time but I've got nothing against the man
I'll be honest... I chose all the poll options.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I probably stereotype cultures, but not races. If I see an Asian woman walking around in a hijab, you bet your cotton socks I can make a few generalisations about that person. If I saw that same person walking around in jeans and a t-shirt, my generalisations would be almost entirely identical to the ones I'd make about a white woman wearing the same clothes.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Specifically, I feel like the "comfortable leaving my daughter around someone like that" option best applies to me for that question. I voted for that.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 28, 2014,
Page 1 of 2