im one of the few young guys out here that loves to listen to metal and yes i mean heavy metal of today's time period. i really like to listen to metal bands and prefer metal more than this years popular genres like rap music which annoys me alot and today's pop music which is getting very strange. But when im on youtube i see alot of people making comments that praise satan and i even came across songs and bands like Deicide that often talks about satan in their songs and i love to listen to metal but im no satanic worshiper and i had no idea so many people in this genre worshiped satan so much which is really out of character for me. i love to listen to metal but now i have to be more careful than ever about my music. i really love metal but im really thinking about abandoning it because a certain number of people ruined it a bit for me so should i move onto another genre (which is very hard to find a good one nowadays) or just let this whole thing pass because it really isn't easy for me knowing this

If you don't like Satan, you're probably a false and should get out now.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Sounds like your're not very sure or comfortable with yourself. Honestly,most of what you're talking about is shock factor. Maybe a little animosity here and there. Just becuase you listen to something and it makes you pump your fist and bang your head, it doesnt mean you have to agree with it or follow it 100%

After all, there are plenty republicans that listen to System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
What's wrong with Satan? But really what seems to be problem? I don't listen to metal because of other guys belives etc. I listen to it because I love it.
Last edited by binadra1234 at May 28, 2014,
You shouldnt take that too serious! The most of them arent really satanic, its more some kind of "shock-effect" or something like this. Also you shouldnt stop listening a specifically kind of music just because you are ashamed because its fans. Metal isnt an religion, its "just" MUSIC!!!
Wait. Some people are into Satan so you're gonna ditch metal? Wat. If you played hockey and some dudes were into Satanism in that, would you quit? This is really silly.
Ha! Same here, metal has become the most uncomfortable thing ever, a scene full of whiny, elitist, hipster kids. Bring it down!
you cant just choose what music you like - you listen to music that does something for you, that makes you feel something and you enjoy listening to. you cant choose your tastes about anything.
who cares if ******s on youtube write stupid comments? people who spend their time commenting on youtube videos are idiots. most of metal (in my experience anyway) isn't satan-worshipping, so if satanist music isnt what you like then try and find metal bands that you like that arent satanist. i dont think what a bands lyrics are about are defines them musically, but if it really puts you off then yeh i dunno, take some other peoples suggestions from here
Praise the all powerful god of metal.

Lucifer was responsible for hi gain.
I'm sorry, but if it makes you this uncomfortable, then you sound very, very insecure about your beliefs. I've seen many practicing Christians, including musicians, who enjoy extreme metal and don't seem to be even slightly worried about it affecting their beliefs (e.g. John Petrucci from the top of my head), and then most people I've seen reacting with panic as soon as they have contact with any "satanism" in metal seemed to be quite shallow in their beliefs. It's not for me to judge - it's up to you to give this a thought or two.

Also, very few metal bands are actually Satanic and it's almost entirely limited to black metal. Quite a lot use "satanic" imagery purely for "shock factor" and it seems that almost for fun. Anti-religious attitudes are more common, and usually on the basis of opposing religion as freedom-limiting, rather than "I worship Satan cuz I'm evil".
Just listen to Nickelback instead
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I wish you had posted this in the pit, oh man.

To the OP, TS... nobody who listens to metal actually worships satan, I mean really c'mon.
If you listen to the current crop of "core" and "metal" you're very likely 14, and so is everyone else who listens to that music. Plus only people who are 14 even comment on youtube videos, so can you honestly tell me that all the current metal bands are turning 14 year olds into satan worshipers? I mean really, think about it.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
I think people under 18 shouldn't go on the internet.

"I really love metal but I don't worship satan, what should I do?"

Grow a brain?
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
Quote by TheLiberation
I'm sorry, but if it makes you this uncomfortable, then you sound very, very insecure about your beliefs. I've seen many practicing Christians, including musicians, who enjoy extreme metal and don't seem to be even slightly worried about it affecting their beliefs (e.g. John Petrucci from the top of my head), and then most people I've seen reacting with panic as soon as they have contact with any "satanism" in metal seemed to be quite shallow in their beliefs. It's not for me to judge - it's up to you to give this a thought or two.

Exactly this. If you get that uncomfortable about a lyric here and there, or a youtube comment from some kid who almost certainly just full of shit anyway, then you have more important things to worry about than whether or not you can keep listening to metal. Like, worry about getting your own head on right.
There is a lot of shit metal out there. IMO 90% of it is pure garbage. Sift through it to find what you like.
Quote by Tempoe
Praise the all powerful god of metal.

Lucifer was responsible for hi gain.

Wasn't Lucifer also the one who wrote the Phrygian dominant scale?
Not listening to a certain type of music just because of some idiots on youtube is pretty absurd. Actual theistic satanism is pretty much exclusive to black metal, so whatever it is you listen to, the satanism is just for shock value. Don't worry about it.

Quote by cheesefries
Wasn't Lucifer also the one who wrote the Phrygian dominant scale?

I think Lucifer also created the tritone.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
I. Like you. I don't listen or play metal due to the whole satanic aspect. I stand firm in what I believe and do not think that it would change my beliefs. However, I do not wish to fill my head with all of these awful thoughts. Metal is is just a bunch of angry kids with hate in their hearts, and money to convey their message.
Quote by Fret Frier
I. Like you. I don't listen or play metal due to the whole satanic aspect. I stand firm in what I believe and do not think that it would change my beliefs. However, I do not wish to fill my head with all of these awful thoughts. Metal is is just a bunch of angry kids with hate in their hearts, and money to convey their message.

Lol at this thread.

Lol.

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Aug 17, 2014,
Oh and also get the fuq over yourself and grow a fuqing brain. That'd be good too.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by zaynS
im one of the few young guys out here that loves to listen to metal and yes i mean heavy metal of today's time period. i really like to listen to metal bands and prefer metal more than this years popular genres like rap music which annoys me alot and today's pop music which is getting very strange. But when im on youtube i see alot of people making comments that praise satan and i even came across songs and bands like Deicide that often talks about satan in their songs and i love to listen to metal but im no satanic worshiper and i had no idea so many people in this genre worshiped satan so much which is really out of character for me. i love to listen to metal but now i have to be more careful than ever about my music. i really love metal but im really thinking about abandoning it because a certain number of people ruined it a bit for me so should i move onto another genre (which is very hard to find a good one nowadays) or just let this whole thing pass because it really isn't easy for me knowing this

Just listen to true Metal brother! Iron Maiden, Accept, Helloween, Gamma Ray....
Quote by zaynS

- an entry in Michael Kiske's personal diary, October 1991.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Decided to upload some original songs in guitar pro midi versions, if you like metal Check it out and tell me what you think
Random3 Was on the front page for me for some reason. I didn't think to check the date, because I don't give a shit. No need to be a dick about it. Lol.
I hear Tipper Gore was quite worried about people necro'ing threads about Satanic heavy metal.
But when all Space has been beheld
And all Dominion shown
The smallest Human Heart's extent
Reduces it to none.
Quote by cheesefries
There is a lot of shit metal out there. IMO 90% of it is pure garbage. Sift through it to find what you like.

I agree. Based on comments that I've read in various places on the internet I have deduced that there's a substantial amount of people who are turned on by the alleged exclusivity of rock music fandom and explicitly attribut the general negligence of such music in popular culture to essentially widespread intellectual deficiency among outsiders. I do acknowledge that people have an unfortunate tendency exaggerating when discussing topics that they are passionate about online, but I do believe there is a hint of sincerity in there as well. While I cannot deny that I too occasionally think along those lines, I do acknowledge that the vast majority of bands are terrrible and in addition to that there are no tremendously popular bands poping up to elevate the exposure of rock to the mainstream audience. I mean there are no comemporary equivalents to Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin and other bands of significant historical importance that exist to carry on the torch so to speak. Certain people claim that many "underground bands" have not received the recognition they deserve, but I disagree on the basis that most of them as aformentioned are terrible. Then again my standards have increased since I began playing guitar and I am no longer as easily impressed by simple pentatonic blues licks and quick scale climbing licks.
Not all metal bands worship satan, Like mentioned earlier, sift through the bands and see what you like. I could care less if a band I like worship satan or not.
Why do so many people associate metal with satanism?  It's a genre... Just because black sabbath did get into the whole upside down cross thing for a while, and jimmy page bought a mansion once owned by THE satan worshiper (lol), suddenly rock and metal are instantly thrust into satanism... (and yes I know those aren't the only reasons, just a small portion of the popular theory)... I mean honestly I have to say that metal is soooooooooooooooo far from being any one thing.  Metal is all, and all is metal ... (LMAO)

And yes I know you reference modern metal.  Here's something for you to do real quick ok, to look into the roots of the cause of this... or shall I say A root... go back to ozzy's music with sabbath and look specifically into songs like Planet Caravan or symptom of the universe.  Yes there is N.I.B.  but you have to remember the times, and they were a band making music ment to scare you and what at the time was scarier than a love letter from satan?  (lol).  Honestly, it was just the musical version of a horror flic, what black sabbath began way back when.  And that is all it really was meant to be.  When later ozzy bit the head off a bat thinking it was a rubber toy... it only solidified the very not true conspiracy theories about him being a satanist...  And made it look to some like to reach his levels one would have to sell their soul to satan...

Then again, if you look into what the cross-roads is and it's relationship to the earliest of blues... you'll also see where another VERY deep root of metal goes (all the way back to the earliest blues singers) that has "demonic" or "satanic" roots.

Honestly, you really can't associate a style of music with demonic or satanic ways just because a few songs reference them or because some idiots don't know the real stories from where a lot of this come from.  It also doesn't help the a lot of artists and bands in rock and metal love to play up the "demonic/satanic" side of the music, but yet their supposedly demonic or satanic lyrics just aren't there which is funny.

tl;dr:
OP:  don't go by what others say, do, or look like.  If you like metal, stick with it.  The roots of metal do have a few roots that go back towards satanism, but only lightly so or in jest.  Though, a few modern metal bands to play up the satanic side, you don't have to listen to those songs.

P.S.:

I'm a christain, and thus I avoid things like the triple 6 and songs with it in name or lyric, but that doesn't mean that iron maiden should be avoided all together, just that song for myself (number of the beast).  See what I'm getting at?

P.S.S.:
Also realize just because a song references satan or demons, or what not doesn't mean it's a satan worship songs.  Plenty of christain songs mention satan .

Also, read the lyrics before you judge a song.  Just cause it sounds like they love satan or something like that doesn't mean it's like that at alll... (then again, there's always exceptions to this )  I was in your boat when I was but a wee lad of 13 and thought music that got dark and heavy or mentioned satan, or sinning, or sinful things (I was much worse than you about this, I assure you on that)... was a demonic or satanic piece and should be actively avoided.  Boy was I wrong, lol.  I mean motely crue's girls girls girls anyone?  mmmmm mmm, yea sinfun but not demonic.  lol.  hell, one look at the crue and I would have been like NOPE... lol those boys worship satan!  just look at em.  Now I just see them for the "bikers" that they are.  heh.  boys will be boys after all.  and yea that's not exactly metal, but I think my point stands.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Mar 22, 2017,
Dont take it so serious, some bands are singingin(growling) about having sex with dead children... rappers sing about how cool they are,but often its not true...

If youd not listen to iron maidens Noumber of the beast OR behemoths demigod, youd miss a lot of good music

I dont want to talk about religion itself, BUT the times when people were burned for theyr thoughts are over

Only thing id be nervous about would be those neo -nazi bands spreading real and really wrong opinions into audience, THAT is a real danger, not vital remain's dechristianize

**just realised ive put a comment on 12 years old thread, well im on my way to work and wanted to express myself somehow, sorry
Last edited by scheibenreif.norbert at Sep 15, 2017,