Im just beginning to play guitar and have the opportunity to get either a seagull entourage cw black gt qit or epiphone ej-200 for the same price. Heres the catch: although they are both new the seagull has a slight imperfection on the top. Its not a dent or chip but looks to be some type of paint imperfection in the paint about the size of a pea. It doesn't affect the performance at all. I know the entourage is most likely gonna be the answer to this question for most, but is it THAT much better than the epiphone ej200? Or is it worth the peace of mind to just buy the EJ200?
Last edited by roomway at May 28, 2014,
I am a big fan of Seagull and gig with an old S6+ twice a month. It's the best bang for the buck IMO.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
You need to realize these two guitars are sort of an apples to oranges comparison.

The Epiphone is a maple body, spruce top jumbo, while the Seagull is a cedar top dread.

The blemish notwithstanding, the Seagull is likely the better buY, providing there isn't any hidden damage beneath the surface.

The Epiphone EJ-200 is one of the very few of their acoustic models, held in fairly high regard. It has a hybrid two pickup electronic system. The Gibson J-200 it is modeled after has been around since 1937, and used by some very famous names.

Myself, I would test on the basis of sound and feel, and choose by virtue of which guitar, "spoke", to me.
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 28, 2014,
Quote by Captaincranky
You need to realize these two guitars are sort of an apples to oranges comparison.

The Epiphone is a maple body, spruce top jumbo, while the Seagull is a cedar top dread.

The blemish notwithstanding, the Seagull is likely the better buY, providing there isn't any hidden damage beneath the surface.

The Epiphone EJ-200 is one of the very few of their acoustic models, held in fairly high regard. It has a hybrid two pickup electronic system. The Gibson J-200 it is modeled after has been around since 1937, and used by some very famous names.

Myself, I would test on the basis of sound and feel, and choose by virtue of which guitar, "spoke", to me.

Thanks for your help. I had been leaning toward the seagull anyhow. Think ill definitely go with it now!
I own a seagull entourage, very good buy, id recommend seagull over epiphone any day.