So Pit, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on youtube shows which are equivalent to television shows. I actually find there are a few shows on youtube which are better than their TV equivalents.

I personally prefer the /drive channel with /Chris Harris on Cars and /Tuned far more than Top Gear these days, generally the journalism is far more informative and less obnoxious.
I also like other shows like MCM and AJS.
I guess the advantage of these shows are they can produce whatever content they like and episodes can last as long as they want so they're not restricted to network guidelines.
Plus there's no time slots so they can produce content year round if they want so for factual shows they can release content earlier than shows restricted by networks.

So Pit, what are your thoughts?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Yeah KSI iz the best 4 all things football & funny
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
people use youtube for stuff other than music? cool i guess

Last edited by MinterMan22 at May 28, 2014,
I don't know about YouTube tv shows, but I know that tv is cancer now. Nothing is good whatsoever expect some comedycentral and the once a year the history channel is not playing pawn stars or aliens. It is littered with reality tv and I can stand absolutely none of it.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by Cing Krimson
Yeah KSI iz the best 4 all things football & funny

I do like KSI (even though a lot of his content has been getting stale recently) but I mean actual youtube shows which are the equivalent of a TV show or similar, KSI is just fifa and GTA5 commentary.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
I never really watch shows on tv or youtube. Anything I know is good, I watch at some point, but youtube shows from what i've seen are terrible! I cancelled my cable tv long ago
Quote by Tempoe
I never really watch shows on tv or youtube. Anything I know is good, I watch at some point, but youtube shows from what i've seen are terrible! I cancelled my cable tv long ago

I've seen you in the f1 thread correct?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

My life is controlled by 'The Big Lez Show,' a poorly drawn, ridiculous Australian cartoon comedy. YouTube shows kick ass
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I have a really short attention span limited to half-hour TV shows with lots of commercial breaks so youtube is the worst for me. The reason I haven't gotten around to watching GoT yet is because it'd take me 3 hrs to watch one episode
cat
Kids/Elders/Teens react. fun to watch in my opinion
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by guitarxo
I have a really short attention span limited to half-hour TV shows with lots of commercial breaks so youtube is the worst for me. The reason I haven't gotten around to watching GoT yet is because it'd take me 3 hrs to watch one episode

real talk
People still watch Top Gear for the journalism?

wat

But nah, I don't even have a TV in my flat because there's nothing I need to watch that can't be found on the internet whenever I want it and watched probably over the span of 4 hours because I have other shit to do. The only thing I really watch on youtube is gaming LPs which are typically 20 mins each.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
People still watch Top Gear for the journalism?

wat

Well I doubt it because there's no journalism left to watch, the show literally consists of extremely bad humor, lots of flash cuts, flashy videography with lots of filters and editing, absolutely cringe worthy metaphors and 3 old men who are awful at driving.

The way the show has gone in the past 5-6 years is terrible, It's irritating to watch.

That's why I like Chris Harris, it's very good and interesting journalism.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

TV blows. Well not as a display for my Xbox but the actual television programs and shit
Quote by Pastafarian96
My life is controlled by 'The Big Lez Show,' a poorly drawn, ridiculous Australian cartoon comedy. YouTube shows kick ass

you fucking drugger
i don't know why i feel so dry
I'd rather watch Achievement Hunter let's plays than anything on basic cable except maybe AMC.

The only show I really watch anymore is Game of Thrones.

I wouldn't even have cable TV in my house if it weren't for the fact Comcast requires it for you to get non-shit internet access. They won't sell you internet alone unless you want a blazing fast 3mbps. For anything decent you have to get TV and/or phone packages.

I already pay Comcast for a landline connection that I don't use just so I could have the 50mbps option.
Last edited by Seref at May 28, 2014,
Quote by 457undead
I don't know about YouTube tv shows, but I know that tv is cancer now. Nothing is good whatsoever expect some comedycentral and the once a year the history channel is not playing pawn stars or aliens. It is littered with reality tv and I can stand absolutely none of it.

True that
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead

lol, watch better shows
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by 457undead

So...why aren't you getting on Hulu or Netflix and watching good shows, again?
I just started watching this show Video Game High School that apparently started on youtube and that show is fucking awesome. That's all I had to add.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I mostly only watch German let's play videos and stuff like that on YouTube, never really watched any "TV shows" on youtube. And since you can get most good shows on streaming sites nowadays, there's no point in watching TV anymore...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I don't know about YouTube shows that much, except the Inside Gaming Let's Play series, but the majority of the TV shows I watch are over the internet (downloaded, not streamed)
Israel is a terrorist state.
I spend a lot more time watching youtube channels than I do watching TV. I find youtube has a lot more entertaining shows than I find on TV. TV tends to just be a bunch of crappy reality TV that involves idiots trying to have sex with each other.

TV does have certain types of shows that I've never seen done well on Youtube though. 'The IT crowd', 'Red Dwarf', 'Game of Thrones'. It's not even just budget, it's the actual writing etc of the shows, I've never seen anything on par with these shows on youtube.
On the other hand, most of the good shows on TV are usually repeats. The actual new shows are again, mostly crappy reality TV.

I also wouldn't say it's down to youtube having more freedom in terms of how long a show can be and when they release it. Certain channels like Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter do go by a schedule of when they release episodes of things, and they try and keep a certain length to episodes, though, there is a lot more 'wiggle room' when they try to have 'lets plays' BETWEEN 45-60 minutes.

All I know is this, every week for the past 2 years I have patiently waited for Friday when the next AH Lets Play is released.
The last time I waited for something to come on TV was sometime last year when the last episode of 'the IT crowd' was coming on.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
we are actually editing show episodes and releasing them on Roku and Youtube. Long term we will try to pitch to local stations but the reality is monetized youtube is way better. We still hope to get on television but honestly the internet is way more powerful at this point, but much harder to get noticed.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Eastwinn
you fucking drugger

*sniffs* Whatareyatalkenabeet?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

I really don't watch either.

The only TV shows I watch are Wilfred, Venture Bros., and Hell's ******* (Edit: < You know, I'm just going to leave it like that) when they're airing. And Wilfred is already going to start its final season.

And the only YT channel I'm subscribed to is these guys

Mostly, I just watch anime or play guitar and tab out stuff.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 28, 2014,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I really don't watch either.

The only TV shows I watch are Wilfred, Venture Bros., and Hell's ******* (Edit: < You know, I'm just going to leave it like that) when they're airing. And Wilfred is already going to start its final season.

And the only YT channel I'm subscribed to is these guys

Mostly, I just watch anime or play guitar and tab out stuff.

Original Wilfred or American remake?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Original Wilfred or American remake?
American. Though I hear the original is slightly funnier? I might try it eventually.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Neither are really shows or have equivalents on real TV as far as I'm aware, but GameInformer's Replay/Super Replay are both really good (sort of like MST3K but for video games) and The Tek on TekSyndicate is pretty good as well if you're into technology news and discussion. Their reviews are pretty good too.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....