also the first black female cable car driver in san fransisco, wow. i bet when that happened she was like "wow how am i ever gonna top this?"

rip.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Wormholes
Who?

This person's actually super important, dude.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I had heard the name before but wasn't sure who she was. I've heard a bit about her, but after googling a bit she seems like a pretty inspirational character. RIP
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
This is very sad. We lost a great person today.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I didn't know who she was before this, but damn, she sure seems like a woman you can look up to. The world needs more better people like this.
I pride myself on my humility.
Wow. RIP
What an incredible person.

I was just having a discussion about her yesterday. Her autobiography has been life-changing for me and for so many others.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

How do so many of y'all not know who she is? That's unexpected and upsetting.

I saw her give a talk once. It was one of the most awe inspiring moments of my life. Felt like anything was possible.
I knew the name sounded familiar when I saw it on another sire but wasn't sure who she was. Looked her up and damn she was pretty inspirational.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings was one of the best books I've ever read. I'm glad she was around as long as she was.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
RIP and Respect. She helped make the US a better place and was monumental in the civil rights movement. I imagine she had some non-US impact as well.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
I swear I recognize her name from when I had my GCSE English Poetry exam.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
She gave a talk at my college a year or so ago. Truly beautiful and inspiring stuff. RIP, really upset about this.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
when i was iin the 10th grade i read that cable car book she wrote. Sad stuff. A very important person in history of racism in america.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at May 28, 2014,
She spoke (and sang) at a University colloquia I attended some years ago. She will be missed.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I read Warriors Don't Cry my freshman year in high school and it's probably one of the best books I've ever read, sad to know she's gone.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Seems like a more well known figure in America, can't say I know her. RIP though, seems like a great person
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Almost embarrassed that I only had any direct knowledge of her because Still I Rise was in one of poetry anthologies in high school - she seems amazing.
Quote by gonzaw
I never heard of her. Dunno if I should feel bad or not

Quote by steve_muse
Seems like a more well known figure in America, can't say I know her. RIP though, seems like a great person

I would not feel bad since you guys aren't American, but as I said in my earlier post, she was huge in the civil rights movement here. What Martian Luther King Jr did with speech, Maya Angelou did with poetry and writing.

I am just surprised the number of people here in the states who have no idea who she is. I have NEVER read her works, I just know who she is and her influence and that her impact was monumental. I had to many people today ask me who I was talking about.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread