Hi,

I'm a 43 year old bloke, been trying to play electric 6 string guitar for 4 months, had some paying lessons and love Black Sabbath, thrash metal etc.

Basically, I need some help outside the paying lessons! I can only squeeze in so much in a one hour lesson and cost does become a problem at £20 each !!

I'm hoping to find some able players that also like metal that would be happy to help me, jam with if you like. I have a very limited ability, but very willing to be helped.

My ultimate goal would be to find a friendly guy or group of players in the Cwmbran area that will allow me to join in and teach me stuff

Is there anybody out there that can help me?

Thanks,
Rob.
Pnawn da.

Well, i'm in the north but most people I come across online from Wales are from down south and Cwmbran is a popular location it seems.

It's great that you're making the effort so soon to get out and meet other people. A good place to start is to see if there are any pubs/bars that hold regular open mic nights. Those places are crawling with all sorts of musicians. Might want to start talking to some of the guys/gals there about stuff.

If you find a place like I described then you might even become a regular there yourself.

Another thing is, the internet is a great place for video lessons. Not saying don't go to paid IRL lessons if thats what you're into, but definitely use Youtube videos!
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Hi,

Thank you for that very helpful reply :-) I didn't know guitar was strong here, gives me hope :-)

I do know all my tunes and riffs from the net. The lessons are great for proper techniques and stuff, but one hour doesn't really cut it. I fell an evening with others in a focused area banging out stuff and chatting would really pull me along.

The lessons would then be an addition rather than the main. I think that would make my £20 lesson go much further, as I can ask all the small questions at the other player/s that would normally take up a 1/4 of the lesson.

Fingers crossed somebody local sees this and I can start banging out Black Sabbath solos in a few weeks, that would be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!

Move over Toni, Rob's coming LOL