Poll: how do sober people have fun?
Poll Options
View poll results: how do sober people have fun?
hell if I know
15 33%
laugh at drunk people
18 40%
they play board games
12 27%
if you need substances to have fun you're a sad person
24 53%
by doing the same things but without drugs & alcohol. admittedly it is less fun
17 38%
Ive been at the edge of the cliff for a while but I don't give a f***
9 20%
Voters: 45.
Page 1 of 2
people will say stuff like sex, social gatherings, going to the movies, clubbing, etc. but seriously, all of that is better high & drunk...

what the hell do sober people do to have fun that isn't better intoxicated?

the sad thing is this is a genuine question. i'm turning into an alcoholic
Nice username
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
idk they read books
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Strip clubs, gambling, hiring prostitutes. You know, other vices that induce powerful natural chemicals in your body to keep you drug free!

Too bad you can get addicted to these chemicals. :/
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Joshua1207
I feel like an alcoholic would be the only one thinking this question.
Joshua is right.

Quote by teensuicide
people will say stuff like sex, social gatherings, going to the movies, clubbing, etc. but seriously, all of that is better high & drunk...
Keeping entertained isn't the problem. It's this part right here.

But really, anything that's considered entertainment. It's usually ...well... entertaining.
What a stupid question.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 28, 2014,
Quote by Nelshizzle
Strip clubs, gambling, hiring prostitutes. You know, other vices that induce powerful natural chemicals in your body to keep you drug free!

Too bad you can get addicted to these chemicals. :/

all of that is better experienced drunk & high
Quote by teensuicide

Agree, being drunk and/or stoned makes everythng cooler
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Why can't we not be sober?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by lolmnt
idk they read books

this, I love reading but I absolutely cannot do it while drinking
cat
Quote by teensuicide

Yeah sure kiddo you think that.

Quote by teensuicide

I remember when I was 15...

Although, I wasn't as ridiculous as you, because I never thought that "[everything] is better experienced drunk & high".
XxXteensuicide666XxX

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I remember when I was 15...

Although, I wasn't as ridiculous as you, because I never thought that "[everything] is better experienced drunk & high".

because you live in wisconsin I thought maybe you'd be drunk & high all the time.

I mean, what the hell else is there to do in wisconsin? go to church?
Being intoxicated is fun but if you do it all the time then it's not fun.

Take a break and go for a walk. Nature is beautiful.

It always bothers me to see people like this on the internet because I want to help them but there is nothing I can do.
Quote by teensuicide
because you live in wisconsin I thought maybe you'd be drunk & high all the time.

Lol, this is a good post
banned
Quote by Redsectoreh
You can have both.

True. Might be time to take a little hiatus from the drinking/drugs. They should supplement your happiness not be the focus of it. I've been there. If you can't have fun without it, take a break, then use less.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by teensuicide

Ok I deleted my last comment because I was certain you were trolling, but for the hell of it:

Again, entertainment isn't the problem here. It's the fact that you need to be drunk/high to find any form of enjoyment. That's literally just your problem, not everyone else's.

I'd advise against it and suggest you try and stop now because if you go on getting high/drunk the rest of your life, (this goes without saying) you will become an addict, assuming you aren't fully one already. Instead of clinging on to what you might call entertainment, try and find something else entertaining that DOESN'T require alcohol or drugs. Whatever it is (as long as it's legal). Even if it's just posting in the pit.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 28, 2014,
5 bucks says this is one of the butthurt guys that got banned from that whole DT shitstorm
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by teensuicide

I'm taking bets on this guy being a multi. $100 starting bet. Who's in?
Yeah I used to think the same thing for a while, at least about certain things. I would never dance unless I had sufficient drinks in me. Then one night I was out at a party my gym threw. People were up dancing (mostly girls) and the guys were all sitting around at the bar or in the corners getting drunk. I was driving so not drinking. So I danced. I lost myself and all my inhibitions were out the window for the rest of the night. I was having as good a time as if I were drunk but I was sober. Some of the drunk guys followed my lead and came and danced. Most of them burned out or crashed. I was up all night in the centre of the fun. I had girls approaching me at the gym for weeks afterward telling me how much fun they had and wanting to talk to me. It was completely a mindset thing and opened my eyes a great deal.

Did you not ever have fun before you found drugs and alcohol? Kids are really good at having fun and having a really great time without being intoxicated. Who has a life of more fun: a kid or an addict/alcoholic?

Yeah it's fun being drunk or high but you can have just as much fun sober.

Of course if you go out and do something sober and your internal monologue is stuck on one theme "this would be so much better drunk or high" then you're creating a self fulfilling prophecy by felling sorry for yourself and the fun you're missing out on by not being high or drunk. You're putting a mental cap on the amount of fun you can enjoy instead of just losing yourself in the moment.

All the most fun people I know are just as much fun when they're sober.
Si
start by not doing drugs etc for a good couple of days so nothing is lingering. then you won't ask this question

+ if you get high all the time you feel good sometimes, bored sometimes, but you wanna stay where you are. course you do, who likes change?

+ if you're sober all the time and you start working out and getting up for breakfast and 3 meals a day and all that shit, you'll feel good all the time.

i'm still on the 1st but that's because i don't believe the 2nd atm.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17

Also with that username you're clearly not old enough to indulge in these things, please stop trying to make threads to get rep in the pit, I know new users generally stumble through the screening process of the pit but you're really starting to annoy me with these terrible threads TS.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Never been drunk, been high though, don't understand how you'd be able to do anything that isn't lying in bed or on the couch when high.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Ok I deleted my last comment because I was certain you were trolling, but for the hell of it:

Again, entertainment isn't the problem here. It's the fact that you need to be drunk/high to find any form of enjoyment. That's literally just your problem, not everyone else's.

I'd advise against it and suggest you try and stop now because if you go on getting high/drunk the rest of your life, (this goes without saying) you will become an addict, assuming you aren't fully one already. Instead of clinging on to what you might call entertainment, try and find something else entertaining that DOESN'T require alcohol or drugs. Whatever it is (as long as it's legal). Even if it's just posting in the pit.

well with this thread i'm trying to find that out because the things I find fun are only enhanced with drugs & alcohol.

in a way i wish I never cracked open pandoras box and discovered the joys of drugs & alcohol because its made sober living a lot more boring. you know what they say, ignorance is bliss
Quote by teensuicide
well with this thread i'm trying to find that out because the things I find fun are only enhanced with drugs & alcohol.

in a way i wish I never cracked open pandoras box and discovered the joys of drugs & alcohol because its made sober living a lot more boring. you know what they say, ignorance is bliss
What you really need is a new amp hobby to keep your mind at bay. This is why I said try to do different things while not being drunk/high. Because you'll never know what that hobby is if you're just enjoying it like that.

At the very least, you can keep drinking if you cut it back to once or so a week. That way you're mostly taking care of your body and it'll give you something to look forward to. You can bump it up when you're certain you have more control, but never before then.

Drugs... well... I can't say the same because I've never done them. You'll have to ask someone else on that.
Quote by snipelfritz

Just wait till TS gets bored of his alcohol and drugs. The Downward Spiral.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Page 1 of 2