Today, History is actually airing programs about history instead of reality TV.

So if you miss the glory days of WW2 Documentaries, Modern Marvels, Engineering an Empire, Roman History, the French Revolution, and many more great programs, tune in and show your support for actual history programming while its here! It won't be on for much longer and it only applies to America I believe.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
So if you miss the glory days of WW2 Documentaries, Modern Marvels, Engineering an Empire, Roman History, the French Revolution, and many more great programs....
I don't.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
History channel used to be ok, but it was no discovery channel. THAT was where I learned the interesting shit.

It's all fucking trash now though, I almost never watch TV. I usually only download the shows I want to see and rent the movies I want to watch. TV is fucking junk these days. I don't mean to sound like a crabby old timer, but it's true. Show support for real programming by just not watching any of the garbage at all until they clean up their act. Which they won't.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at May 28, 2014,
i would rather watch swamp loggers (sarcasm)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I would rather watch Ancient Aliens, because the cite the Vaimanika Shastra as an "ancient text", despite the book "supposedly" written in the 1920's, but wasn't revealed until the 50's.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Damn it I missed it.

I have fond memories of watching WW II documentaries on the history channel during summer vacations in high school.

What Pawn Stars, Swamp People, Ice Road Truckers and any other show of a similar nature have to do with history is beyond me.

So stupid.

At the very least they should rename the channel.
i'll take the happy medium of pawn stars appraising civil war artifacts
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by E7#9
What Pawn Stars, Swamp People, Ice Road Truckers and any other show of a similar nature have to do with history is beyond me.

So stupid.

Tbh Pawn Stars at least has some connection to history with the items they bring in, and that's the focus of the show. So I'm okay with that being on History Channel, but Swamp People and Ice Road Truckers don't have shit to do with history.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by naedauuf
History channel used to be ok, but it was no discovery channel. THAT was where I learned the interesting shit.

It's all fucking trash now though, I almost never watch TV. I usually only download the shows I want to see and rent the movies I want to watch. TV is fucking junk these days. I don't mean to sound like a crabby old timer, but it's true. Show support for real programming by just not watching any of the garbage at all until they clean up their act. Which they won't.

I'm not much of a TV watcher, but I think between HBO, AMC, and FX there's a decent handful of reaaaaaly good shows on these days. The problem is that there are also countless reality shows, formula crime dramas, and lowest common denominator sitcoms working hard to bring the effective average quality level down to 0.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Tbh Pawn Stars at least has some connection to history with the items they bring in, and that's the focus of the show. So I'm okay with that being on History Channel, but Swamp People and Ice Road Truckers don't have shit to do with history.

At the beginning I thought the show would be good for history channel for some change but as it progressed I noticed a lot more fake/BS parts. For example one of the newer episodes I watched had a hot air balloon that "big hoss" just bought for $250,000 after looking at it for 5 minutes and asking two questions about it. When he goes back to the shop he obviously gets yelled at by his dad and they come up with a solution to give people rides on it to get their money back. So fake and stupid.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
I actually like a few shows on history. I haven't watched that channel in a while though.
Yeah I kinda miss old history channel shows but not enough to actually watch tv