Hey everyone,

I've been thinking for a while about building. Song based on 1 or 2 chords.

Obviously each option carries it's own opportunities and road blocks.

Has anyone here had any Success (private or public) with a song like this? For example staying with C9 and G, while obviously manipulating the harmony, or like Harry Nisson did stay on C7 (I think).

Any worlds of advice of tips? From what I can tell , the Verse and Chorus section should alter every 8-12 bars to allow for the listener to switch off.
I'd suggest "Ex Lover's Lover" by Voltaire. It's a creepy but good song. It's also got only two chords (according to Voltaire himself) and those are A Minor and E Minor. Voltaire also enjoys it when fans cover his music so ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DxUHeiFHmo
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Thanks. When I get a mo' I'll watch the vid.

I found a GuitarWorld article which talked a bit about tuning the guitar to open tuning to spice things up a bit.
I have NEVER heard of the Sugarcubes but that one song has got me curious to see what else they've done! Cool song actually!
Yeah I don't think they were very popular outside of Europe until years later when Bjork's solo career broke out.
The White Stripes played an entire concert with 1 chord.. Sure it was just 1 strum of the chord and a cymbol but still..
You were just meant to be temporary while I waited for gold.