Page 1 of 4
So Metallica isn't my favorite band or anything, and they have some good songs. But why does everyone seem to dislike them? Please explain...
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
i like a few songs, but I never understood the hype. Someone post their best songs. Maybe i'll change my outlook.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Because their music is ridiculously generic drivel that a 5th grader could write.

Enter Sandman? Seriously? It's that same boring G-Cadd9 progression that all the hair metal guys used for YEARS in virtually every other song. If that doesn't bore you out of your mind, then you haven't listened to much variety in music.

On top of that, they actually had the audacity to say they were the next Beatles, yet Metallica's sophomoric songwriting reveals that they don't understand anything about why the Beatles were so innovative.

That's why people hate them. They are arrogant idiots who couldn't write an innovative progression if their lives depended on it.

Sadly, I just heard some idiot actually COVER Sandman. Why would anyone choose such a cheesy song to cover? Talk about bad taste...

Mostly it's just fun to jump on the hate wagon. Their old shit is decent. AJFA is a great album imo
Sail upon the open skies
It's because people who like Metallica make threads like these.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by MinterMan22
Because their music is ridiculously generic drivel that a 5th grader could write.

Enter Sandman? Seriously? It's that same boring G-Cadd9 progression that all the hair metal guys used for YEARS in virtually every other song. If that doesn't bore you out of your mind, then you haven't listened to much variety in music.

On top of that, they actually had the audacity to say they were the next Beatles, yet Metallica's sophomoric songwriting reveals that they don't understand anything about why the Beatles were so innovative.

That's why people hate them. They are arrogant idiots who couldn't write an innovative progression if their lives depended on it.

Sadly, I just heard some idiot actually COVER Sandman. Why would anyone choose such a cheesy song to cover? Talk about bad taste...

What you actually said:

Wonderwall? Seriously? It's that same boring G-Cadd9 progression that all the hair metal guys used for YEARS in virtually every other song. If that doesn't bore you out of your mind, then you haven't listened to much variety in music.

On top of that, they actually had the audacity to say they were the next Beatles, yet Oasis' sophomoric songwriting reveals that they don't understand anything about why the Beatles were so innovative.

Sadly, I just heard some idiot actually COVER Wonderwall. Why would anyone choose such a cheesy song to cover? Talk about bad taste...
Quote by MinterMan22

u wot m8

EDIT: bdof beat me to it.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at May 28, 2014,
Quote by MinterMan22

jeez, i don't like them either, but what crawled up your ass?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

I think Kirk is overrated
I think Lars is terrible
Their mixing is God awful, which shouldn't really be an issue, but if it's bad enough it becomes one

Kill em' All and Ride The Lightning are great though. Master Of Puppets is good, AFJA suffers from no bass guitar anywhere. Just feels dry. Also One is overrated
Quote by MinterMan22

ily mint
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why did you make this thread? Bad 457undead! Bad!

Fairly new users always make shit threads at first... then they get even worse as they age
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

It's whatev's.

I think their first 4 were fantastic, the Black Album is great in a vacuum (by being neither the "They sold out" crowd, nor the "Didn't Kid Rock make this song first?" crowd), and you'll have your hits and mostly misses after that. Though I will admit, Garage Inc. showed that they'd be an amazing Modern Hard Rock band.

It's all subjective really, but I find it hard to believe that any metal fan can not appreciate something like Creeping Death. Is the verse pretty repetitive? Sure. Does BTBAM give me ear fatigue after 3 mins? Absolutely

It's all subjective
It's genuine question, I don't get why people think they are bad. But then again don't know anything about the band. I am a new user but I still have made some top notch threads and have made over 500 replies in under 6 months.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
It's genuine question, I don't get why people think they are bad. But then again don't know anything about the band. I am a new user but I still have made some top notch threads and have made over 500 replies in under 6 months.

Oh boy
Riff x 4
Riff x 4
Riff x 4
Wah solo
Riff x 4
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
cuz they suck bud

nah the first album is good but its all downhill from there

waaaay downhill
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why did you make this thread? Bad 457undead! Bad!

hes just a young lad, be nice to him
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at May 28, 2014,
Quote by 457undead

Fine. I'll answer seriously.

Lars' snare. Kirk Wah-mmet. James is a table. Lulu. These are all valid jokes at Metallica's expense. Why? Because after their first 4 albums...well, the '90s were when the band started going downhill.
As far as riffs go, i'd say Iommi, Hetfield, and Dimebag are/were the gods at creating them. People love to hate them because they think they sold out. I agree Sandman is overrated and that is the one song in their catalog that I no longer listen to, mainly because it is so overplayed. But they wrote some of the best thrash, hard rock and ballads of the last 30 years. Their covers are top notch and S&M was one of the best performances I have ever heard in my life. Death Magnetic did suffer from strange production, but their was still great spots in that album.

Also to the individual that posted the Lulu track: Lulu is not a Metallica album. It's a Lou Reed album, and he asked Metallica to feature on it as a backing band.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
That's, uh, an excellent logical fallacy there, Rossenrot.

Thanks I appreciate it.
I still really like Metallica. Not most of their new stuff though. Death Magnetic was good for a desperate attempt to regain what they had. First five albums are some of my favorites.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Rossenrot
Look at all these accomplished musicians talking shit about a band.

he slowly becomes a parody of himself

also the song master of puppets has some cool ideas in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnKhsTXoKCI

the part where he's saying obey your master crawling faster and all that shit, there's a nice poppy melody there. then it gets boring. i will reconsider some other metallica songs for old times sake.

edit: okay this song is cool until he starts saying words but ONLY with the soundbytes that come with the video. so the first like 40 seconds or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgGTTtR0kc
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at May 29, 2014,
Quote by LynchMobster
Dimebag is a god of riffs

jesus wept
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at May 29, 2014,
Quote by Shotgunmerc
I think Kirk is overrated
I think Lars is terrible
Their mixing is God awful
, which shouldn't really be an issue, but if it's bad enough it becomes one

Kill em' All and Ride The Lightning are great though. Master Of Puppets is good, AFJA suffers from no bass guitar anywhere. Just feels dry. Also One is overrated

"Yeah everyone in that band fucking sucks, now let me list all of their albums that I think are great." Doesn't make sense to me.
I'd say the ratio of metal fans who like metallica as apposed to those who don't is 10-1. It's just that people who don't like them are more vocal about it because people don't like it when things they don't like are popular. In the 80's they were the shit, the best Thrash band out of the big 4 IMO (Master Of Puppets is largely considered as one of the best metal albums of all time), and are a huge inspiration for most new bands today. Yeah they haven't been so hot after their first 4 albums, but their newer stuff really isn't THAT bad.

Oh and can people stop treating Lulu like a Metallica album? It's a Lou Reed album featuring Metallica, not the other way around. My advice, don't listen to people on the internet when it comes to popular bands, if you like them then it doesn't matter what people think.
Last edited by Jimjambanx at May 29, 2014,
y'all need to chill...

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I'm a fan of Ride the Lightning, and I have a soft spot for Kill 'Em All for having the rawest instrument sounds. Have my share of liked tracks up to the Black Album but everything after that just bores me.
I'm not a fan of much thrash but they're okay I guess. A lot of their stuff sounds recycled but they got a couple of songs that I can enjoy.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Metallica rocks my socks. I only recently gained some real appreciation for them. Almost no one truly likes anything past the Black Album but it is not an issue
Metallica are awesome. The majority of people just hate them because of the bandwagon effect.

I mean, Kirk is a pretty terrible guitarist, and Lars sucks as a drummer, but imo they're killer songwriters. A lot of people think they're generic but that's only because every other metal band has taken at least some inspiration from them.

I actually kinda liked Load and ReLoad because I appreciate that they tried to do something completely different from what is the norm for such a band.
Quote by k.lainad

lel
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 29, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
lel

exactly
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

They have a few good early songs, but their mostly trash and somehow none of them seem to have improved in the 20 whatever years they've been together. Seriously, Lars Ulrich is just so bad......people joke about it but it's not even a joke, it's SAD BUT TRUE!
Page 1 of 4