An Internet-wide (worldwide) band try out campaign to recruit musicians to form a band. It’ll be promoted as an opportunity for young, creative, and aspiring musicians to join a band that’ll eventually become one of the greatest and iconic bands on Earth. It’ll be similar to answering a traditional musician wanted ad, but on a much grander scale.

To properly select the right musicians, the genres of music that the band will play will be displayed, and people can record themselves covering songs, submitting their own songs, submitting lyrics, submitting themselves jamming over a recorded backing beat, etc.

To convince people to trust my talent as well as traveling away to fully join the band, I'll connect them with industry insiders and record labels that I've been in contact with, I'll fully display my music chops, my bio and role in the band, my vision I have for the band, and my finances. Establishing music chemistry before the band members move here will also he a top priority. Half of the musician’s total traveling expenses (visa, airline travel, luggage) will be paid for, no matter the distance.

From the start of the band’s hiring process up to the band’s debut album release and beyond, people that are casually interested in the band, along with the musicians that won’t make it, will be able to follow (and share) the band’s progress through music releases, live show recordings, band updates, etc. which will eventually establish a growing fanbase as the band matures.

Goals:

Work with viral marketing company to help establish campaign

Have a place for the band members to stay, work, and rehearse

Work with a record label, to convince them to show interest in the band if the campaign generates hype

Work with a company that specializes in creating internet campaigns to make this become a big thing around the internet.

promote this on colleges campuses, music venues, etc etc throughout the world

Develop an easy, yet high-standard try out method, to find out who are great songwriters
- How do you sort out the "garbage" sector ?
- How do you sort out the "wannabe" sector ?
- In-band connections ?
- Gigs planning ?

It won't be a system until it's worth itself in outcome. And this one is too big to be worthy financially. The whole system actually works as "we have people and ambitions, you give us all your money and wait". So nope .
Quote by rootsofmy
- How do you sort out the "garbage" sector ?
- How do you sort out the "wannabe" sector ?
- In-band connections ?
- Gigs planning ?

It won't be a system until it's worth itself in outcome. And this one is too big to be worthy financially. The whole system actually works as "we have people and ambitions, you give us all your money and wait". So nope .

"How do you sort out the "garbage" sector ?"

What?

"How do you sort out the "wannabe" sector ?"

like I stated, there'd be a thorough try out process
Quote by CarsonStevens
So, you're going to do the boy/pop/American Idol band process and just make it global? That's not really very revolutionary, IMHO. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been done.

No

Think of it as a bigger scale version of musicians answering a Music Wanted ad on Craigslist
Not sure if troll, but whatever.
Quote by Climaxia
An Internet-wide (worldwide) band try out campaign to recruit musicians to form a band. It’ll be promoted as an opportunity for young, creative, and aspiring musicians to join a band that’ll eventually become one of the greatest and iconic bands on Earth. It’ll be similar to answering a traditional musician wanted ad, but on a much grander scale.

You don't just hold tryouts to be an iconic band. That's not how music works. That's how American Idol works. You either manufacture fame, or you let talent rise to the top on its own. You don't get to just separate talent from non-talent and magically end up with great musical ideas. If it were as easy as you seem to think then every record label in the country would already be doing what you want to do.

To properly select the right musicians, the genres of music that the band will play will be displayed, and people can record themselves covering songs, submitting their own songs, submitting lyrics, submitting themselves jamming over a recorded backing beat, etc.

So youtube, but without any of the infrastructure. You're just going to get a million kids shredding canon rock.

To convince people to trust my talent as well as traveling away to fully join the band,

That's the most tragic phrase I've heard all day.
I'll connect them with industry insiders and record labels that I've been in contact with,

Have you told any of these industry insiders about this big idea you had? Did they call you back? Did they tell you that all you've done is re-invented the A&R department except now you don't even want a demo tape, you'll take anyone who can figure out how to plug in a USB mic?
I'll fully display my music chops, my bio and role in the band,

Nobody cares.
my vision I have for the band,

Nobody cares.
and my finances.

You don't have the finances to make this happen.
Establishing music chemistry before the band members move here will also he a top priority.

No need, you've already hired the greatest minds in music by sorting through a trillion shitty covers of "Let it Go."
Half of the musician’s total traveling expenses (visa, airline travel, luggage) will be paid for, no matter the distance.

Hold up, you're going to put together "one of the greatest and iconic bands on Earth" and you can't even pay for them to get all the way to you? You're just hoping they'll sell all their belongings and move to wherever the hell you are so that you and four other people dumb enough to believe this is a good idea can realize that nobody's going to give you a record contract?
From the start of the band’s hiring process up to the band’s debut album release and beyond, people that are casually interested in the band, along with the musicians that won’t make it, will be able to follow (and share) the band’s progress through music releases, live show recordings, band updates, etc. which will eventually establish a growing fanbase as the band matures.

This is straight up American Idol but without any of the money or standards.

Goals:

Work with viral marketing company to help establish campaign

Why would you do that if you have all those industry contacts? You're not going to just hire some online SEO jockey to turn you into the world's biggest open casting call.

Have a place for the band members to stay, work, and rehearse

So you don't have a house. You're talking about making your second album already with the greatest band on earth and you don't even know where to put this imaginary people coming to your imaginary website through imaginary ads to play imaginary music into an imaginary microphone. Do you have an imaginary producer lined up?
Work with a record label, to convince them to show interest in the band if the campaign generates hype

Ah, the imaginary record label. You're going to convince a bunch of other people to pay to move from around the world into whatever basement you can afford so that they can beg a record label for a contract. Are you going to start selling heroin right away, or are you going to wait to hit rock bottom before you get to the tragic moment of clarity first?

Work with a company that specializes in creating internet campaigns to make this become a big thing around the internet.

If you had the money and connections needed to make this work, you would not be saying things like this.

promote this on colleges campuses, music venues, etc etc throughout the world

Who? Who will do this? Why will they do it? Who will give a shit? Do you know how many starving artists and venues already litter every college campus in the country? Why are you special?

Develop an easy, yet high-standard try out method, to find out who are great songwriters

Oh, of course, right after you develop a cheap but high-effectiveness replacement for sleeping.

You just reinvented the entire tryout process, except shitty and you want to be involved in every step like it's some sort of reality show. Here's the thing:
Great musicians are a dime a dozen. They really are. They are going to practice and write songs and play amazing music and they are going to do it all without your help. All you've done is pretend that somehow you are important to the process, and that you somehow have something to offer. You don't. All of this already exists except in a more efficient form. All you're saying is that you want to make a hugely popular website and band, but it's clear you have no idea how to do any of that. Which leads me to what I could have just written instead of all of this:

If you had any ability to do any portion of this plan, you would not be posting this junk on here. You have no plan beyond deluding yourself into thinking that you have a great idea that only lacks execution. That's everyone's problem. Ideas are cheap. You can't execute. I think your plan sucks but that doesn't matter if you never get it off the ground anyway.
Colin you just made my morning

Oooh, it's him!

Pretty sure he doesn't even play the guitar yet...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Roc8995
Not sure if troll, but whatever.

You don't just hold tryouts to be an iconic band. That's not how music works. That's how American Idol works. You either manufacture fame, or you let talent rise to the top on its own. You don't get to just separate talent from non-talent and magically end up with great musical ideas. If it were as easy as you seem to think then every record label in the country would already be doing what you want to do.

The plan is generate hype (worldwide hype) for the band through this large band-try out campaign, you know.

The campaign will get people interested - people who want to join the band, and people curious to see how a project like this would turn out; both of those groups could spread hype. As the process continues, it could attract hype from blogs and what not, which would in turn generate more and more hype.

And by the way, think of it as a major way of doing it the 'traditional way'. You know, it'll be like people answering a Craigslist ad in a major way.

Besides, I'd say people flying from potentially Australia to here and making it happen sounds pretty authentic, you know. In fact it'd be a bigger risk to do it that way than some guy driving 15 min. from home

So youtube, but without any of the infrastructure. You're just going to get a million kids shredding canon rock.

Well as noted, there'll be a variety of genres for people to play, to avoid canon rock fodder

Have you told any of these industry insiders about this big idea you had? Did they call you back? Did they tell you that all you've done is re-invented the A&R department except now you don't even want a demo tape, you'll take anyone who can figure out how to plug in a USB mic?

in the process of contacting every major A&R rep, journalist, critic, etc. The goal is to have them in regular contact by the time this project is underway.

Anyway in regards to demo tapes, I noted above how they'll be properly chosen

Hold up, you're going to put together "one of the greatest and iconic bands on Earth" and you can't even pay for them to get all the way to you? You're just hoping they'll sell all their belongings and move to wherever the hell you are so that you and four other people dumb enough to believe this is a good idea can realize that nobody's going to give you a record contract?

Yeah, getting them to quit their job/ditch their apartment/etc will be a definite challenge. It's not like they'd sell what they have, though. I'm sure they'll find some storage (friend/family etc).

In regards to quitting their job though, the plan is for them to gain their confidence by communicating with potential major labels, and getting a sense of assurance that he'll be signed, if this project takes off and the music is good. The major label connection will be established once we generate worldwide hype through this project.

In other words:
1. Project takes off
2. hype is being generated
3. by the time the band members are properly chosen, there'd be considerable hype generated
4. major labels will be in talk with us, establishing that we'd get signed if start recording music, as the hype is already generated.

THAT I believe will get people to fly out

Why would you do that if you have all those industry contacts?

the viral marketing companies would be the only ones with the resources to pull off the campaign at the level that I'm imagining.

Ah, the imaginary record label. You're going to convince a bunch of other people to pay to move from around the world into whatever basement you can afford so that they can beg a record label for a contract.

addressed above

If you had the money and connections needed to make this work, you would not be saying things like this.

Who? Who will do this? Why will they do it? Who will give a shit? Do you know how many starving artists and venues already litter every college campus in the country? Why are you special?

I'll hire a group of people per college campus to do it. It'll be uniquely promoted in a way that'll separate my band from the other bands: A band that'll be the greatest on earth that'll end up revolutionizing society, through these offshoot non-music projects:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwAFALX-xjyKZ1R2X2pSWXVUZFE&usp=sharing

All of this already exists except in a more efficient form.

Nobody in the history of the internet has ever created what I'm imagining

Bold points addressed
Let us know what responses you get back from all those A&R reps, though. I'm sure they will get back to you soon with a positive response. We will all be excited to see where you go with this idea. You certainly have the resources and mental drive to make this plan a success if you follow through with it.
Here's the golden rule of marketing.

Don't try promoting a product before you actually have a product to promote

You've got NOTHING here other than an idea, and if you honestly think you're going to generate interest or even get people to invest their time, let alone money, when you have nothing but talk then you're in for a rude awakening.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com