Page 1 of 3
Good Metal/Heavy Metal Music?I heard "Walk" by Pantera on a local radio station a while back, and I kinda fell in love with them. So I went onto iTunes and got a load of their stuff, and I've listened to it all so that it's kind of worn out now.

So can anybody recommend some bands/songs that are just like Pantera, or that at least sound a bit like Pantera or anything? It doesn't have to have screaming. And I don't like Nickelback. But I really like Pantera, and I'd love to hear a few more artists like them. Thanks so much!

And I asked this a while back, but I don't like "hardcore." I'm more into heavier stuff, despite the fact that I'm a girl.
There's loads of different types of metal, and don't let old production put you off bands.This is pretty much just all entry level stuff.
You got Black Sabbath, which are considered the first real metal band, today they would be considered Doom or Stoner metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zWDa9NT88E
"Traditional" metal bands like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0
Thrash metal bands like Megadeth,Metallica, Anthrax, Testament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oU2xlViRQ
Death Metal - Death, Morbid Angel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbp60IX_jFQ
watch 'Get thrashed' and 'a headbangers journey'

2 documentaries about thrash and metal in general. it won't just help you to find some nice bands but you'll learn something about the history of metal as well
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Mastodon
Kyuss
Dopesmoker (and other Sleep stuff, but this is all I could get into really)

All you need
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at May 29, 2014,
Metal Thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=36

These May14 users are the worst I've seen in a long time.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
These May14 users are the worst I've seen in a long time.

They're no worse than any other crop of new users; in fact, they're better than some. Give the new guy a break.
I dunno. I don't think the world needs anymore "OMGPANTERARAMAZINGS" people in the world.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I've never understood the love for Pantera, they're hailed as one of the best metal bands of all time but they never really made a "Masterpiece" did they, most bands hailed as one of the best in the genre usually have at least one album considered a masterpiece but they have 2 albums that at most could be called great and then a couple of ok and bad one's.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I dunno. I don't think the world needs anymore "OMGPANTERARAMAZINGS" people in the world.

To be fair my first exposure to anything that could have been considered any form of metal was 'Limp Bizkit.' If Pantera gets him/her into new types of metal and other metal bands then I welcome them into the community.

That being said though...

POST IN THE RIGHT FORUM DAMNIT!
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by DamienEx1021
To be fair my first exposure to anything that could have been considered any form of metal was 'Limp Bizkit.' If Pantera gets him/her into new types of metal and other metal bands then I welcome them into the community.

That being said though...

POST IN THE RIGHT FORUM DAMNIT!

To be fair, I did give him a link to the right forum. New forums (especially ones as large as UG) can be hard to navigate at first.
The latest Testament album "Dark Roots Of The Earth" might be something for you. Also, even though considered 'hardcore' by many, Hatebreed is a band I like a lot that reminds me of Pantera a bit.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
They're no worse than any other crop of new users; in fact, they're better than some. Give the new guy a break.

Maybe it was just that teensuicide guy, he was just awful
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I've never understood the love for Pantera, they're hailed as one of the best metal bands of all time but they never really made a "Masterpiece" did they, most bands hailed as one of the best in the genre usually have at least one album considered a masterpiece but they have 2 albums that at most could be called great and then a couple of ok and bad one's.

they suck, honestly.
banned
To the guy who said Cannibal Corpse, they are awful, srs, they are like the McDonald's of Death Metal, srs.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
To the guy who said Cannibal Corpse, they are awful, srs, they are like the McDonald's of Death Metal, srs.

4real, Cannibal Corpse is ridiculous
banned
We Butter The Bread With Butter
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Page 1 of 3