Just wondering if anyone has tried either the Zoom MS-70CDR or the TC electronics Hall of Fame reverb pedals?

I am currently tossing up between these two pedals and was hoping maybe somebody on here has used them both ?

I will be using it as a general reverb pedal but also keen to muck around with ambient experimental stuff for fun.

If you think there is a better choice for under $150 I am happy to hear it too!

Link to Zoom pedal vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xUScYulIQ4

link to Hall of Fame vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cMpaEDSF8M
I've tried the hall of fame, it didn't impress me.

If you want a versatile reverb, see if you can find a used quadraverb or even a quadraverb 2 for that money, that also sounds better than any reverb in guitar pedals.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have the HoF and really like it although it doesnt seem to play well with my Wampler Euphoria.

Another worth considering is the Line 6 Verbzilla
I have a Zoom MS-100BT and the reverbs on it are pretty good.

IIRC, the MS-70CDR has the same exact models plus a few more, so I'd say it's a safe bet.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
I have a Zoom MS-100BT and the reverbs on it are pretty good.

IIRC, the MS-70CDR has the same exact models plus a few more, so I'd say it's a safe bet.

how do you like the MS100BT overall? I was considering it also, but I have never really liked the sound of multi fx distortion/overdrives that I have heard, so I figured the MS70CDR was more up my alley.

I like the idea of the Hall of Fame, and i just ordered a TC Transition delay, so it would go nicely im sure, but the Zoom just seems to pack so much into it.

I guess it comes down to if the Zoom sounds are as good as the HOF?

Also the quadraverb looks interesting, there is one going cheap on ebay, but I was hoping for a stompbox, is it really that good?
Quote by Baconmarshall
how do you like the MS100BT overall? I was considering it also, but I have never really liked the sound of multi fx distortion/overdrives that I have heard, so I figured the MS70CDR was more up my alley.

I bought it mainly because of the delays and reverbs; I actually considered the MS-70CDR, but I wanted more stuff to experiment with -- pitch shifters, octavers, etc. --, so I ended up pulling the trigger on the MS-100BT and I don't regret it. The "weird" effects are really cool to play with.

Definitely don't get it because of the ODs/distortions. If you get the MS-100BT over the MS-70CDR do it for those other effects, if you think you'll have a use for them.

But the quality of the ODs/distortions and amp+cabinet simulations is surprisingly good. So much that I end up leaving all of my gear at home for band rehearsals, just throw the MS-100BT in the guitar's gigbag and then plug it straight to the PA.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The HoF is great for me....it can do so much in one box, and it all sounds great to me with tweaking...some, SOME of the toneprints are mighty impressive as well...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"