I posted this in gg&a but couldnt really get any help there so im hoping someone in this forum can

Bought it second hand a long time ago and it works fine with a battery but as soon as I plug a 9V adapter into it, it quits on me!

I'm using a center neg. 1 spot PSU with 1A output. The same adapter works fine with my Bad Monkey. I'm 95% sure the problem lies within the pedal.

Is a problem like this going to be an easy fix for a rookie like me or what? It is possible that a few years ago I accidentally tried to power it with a center positive PSU. Not sure if that would've broken it or not but as far as I know it has never worked with a PSU. Item was purchased second hand :'(

The insides look okay to me but I can post pictures tomorrow if needed.
Try it in a daisy chain with another pedal. My Metal Muff w/ top boost does exactly this. It works fine with a battery and if I use a daisy chain also connected to a second pedal, but not if I plug the PSU into it directly.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Try it in a daisy chain with another pedal. My Metal Muff w/ top boost does exactly this. It works fine with a battery and if I use a daisy chain also connected to a second pedal, but not if I plug the PSU into it directly.

Wut. That is very bizarre but I will be sure to try it out. I need to buy a daisy chain now!
Thankyou, and I'll let you know if it works.
Okay so I got around to finally buying a daisy chain today, and whaddayaknow? The Muff actually lights up now! I was really really quite surprised, I wonder why it behaves this way.

However, I was unable to leave it connected because for some odd reason it caused my amp to make a high pitched constant ringing sound :/. Trouble shooted leads and what not but I am pretty sure the noise is coming from the metal muff. Anyone know any possible causes/solutions for that?
The odd behavior could be due to how the pedal's power wiring was designed. Old BOSS pedals that use the ACA series adapters did exactly this, and the cure was the same. Google can explain the details, I'm too lazy to type it out on this phone. Having said that, idk how the muff is wired so I could be wrong.

Don't really know why the pedal squeals. Self-oscillation but I'm not sure what's causing it. High-gain and high-impedance circuits will do this sometimes; maybe your power supply cable is too long? Not a problem I've run into before. Sorry I can't be of more help.