I play paramore alot, near all of their songs but i cant get the right tone
cuz im only using a strat with bridge humbucker, what guitar should i use?
specifically what pups?
Quote by kean1251
I play paramore alot, near all of their songs but i cant get the right tone
cuz im only using a strat with bridge humbucker, what guitar should i use?
specifically what pups?

You can google "Paramore rig rundown" and you'll get a selection of them for both Josh and Taylor. They're using similar gear -- mostly dual humbucker guitars with (in Taylor's case) Alnico2 and Fat Cat pickups. Both use Les Pauls as their basic guitars and Josh's tele and several of Taylor's guitars (Fender Jagmaster, Tele) are actually dual humbucker guitars as well. Guitars are running through JCM2000 Marshalls and a couple of Mesas, all close-miked and then run through endless amounts of studio tweaking before you ever get to hear it in a recording. In short, you're not going to get there even if you have the same guitars and amps.

You're fine with the strat with the bridge humbucker; I'd look at something like a 10-band EQ first in your pedalboard to EQ your current pickup until you get something you like.

It's usually a PIA to chase someone's recorded tone, since it's difficult to know what all went on between their gear and the final recording. Well, for that matter, even between the final recording and the actual output/CD pressing. Remember a couple of years ago when there was a kerfuffle among Metallica fans because the version of their album that came with a game was different from the one Sony released on CD? Apparently some Sony exec had the CD version's levels changed that added a bunch of extra distortion (his vision was that he wanted it to sound "louder"). A lot of fans hated it and ripped the game version (which was clearer) instead.

So when you drill all the way back to a guitar and its pickups, you're leaving a WHOLE lot of processing out of the mix if you're after the recorded tone.
dumb question, can you put alnicos on a telly? its for lespauls right? seymour duncan?
what amp are you using? a fat strat should be able to get you within the ballpark, at least.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?