... And I do mean left. Last night I came home from work to find a box sitting there. No signature required, nothing. Good ol' Fedex, make you sign for something worth less than $20 bucks, but they'll leave a guitar amp on your door for half the day.

So what the hell is a Morgan? Well basically it's a darker version of the normal channel of a Vox AC30 and without a doubt the simplest amp I've ever owned. Three dials and three switches and that's about it. You've got your volume, hi-cut and you've got your power level which basically takes the wattage from 20 all the way down to 1/2 a watt.

On the front of the amp there is a bright switch and a bass cut and on the back you can switch between a 12AX7 & EF86 preamp tubes. The 12AX7 is smoother and cleaner with slightly less volume while the EF86 has more balls, more grit and more chime.

So I had a gig last night and without even having turned it on I decided to bring the amp out and try it for a song or two and if things didn't work out I'd switch to the Lonestar. Needless to say, I played it the whole night. I've never heard a 20 watt amp sound as big as this one does, it's absolutely huge without being muddy or flabby and far more touch sensitive than any of my Mesas.

While there is plenty of volume on tap there's really very little headroom. I played a Les Paul with low output pickups and even playing with the volume rolled way off and with a light touch the cleans were still quite hairy. Even at home today at bedroom volumes it's immediately apparent that this is not an amp for people who want pristine cleans. It goes from light crunch to wildly thick fuzz.

I'm very tempted to buy a matching 1x12 cab, because they're oh so pretty and my Mesa cabs are a little too dark for it. Creamback or Alnico Blue that is the question.

I think it's time to sell the Mark V.
Looks pretty awesome! I've seen these before and was intrigued back then. Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote by icronic
Good ol' Fedex, make you sign for something worth less than $20 bucks, but they'll leave a guitar amp on your door for half the day.

This is the person you bought it from's fault, not FedEx's - if the box is insured for over $400, they automatically require a signature. Either the shipper didn't insure the amp, or they purposely opted to not require your signature.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
beautiful amp. sounds nice, would love to hear clips if you are able to record.

now you need an 18 watt too ( 1974x ) no headroom there either two or three knobs. sound like a similar, but with a marshall instead of vox,

and now i need another amp. a morgan. you ignited gas. cool amp.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Put a quick clip in my profile just noodling around with reverb and echo. Amp was in EF86 Mode, w/ volume at noon power scaling at 10:00 and cut way down at 9:00 Bright and bass cut were both on. So as you can imagine this amp can get really REALLY dark if desired.

Will do a better clip with a real mic a little later.
Quote by MatrixClaw
...if the box is insured for over $400, they automatically require a signature. Either the shipper didn't insure the amp, or they purposely opted to not require your signature.

That may be official policy, but they don't always follow it.

I've had 2 separate occasions where they dropped off $10k+ worth of computer equipment on my doorstep. The second time, it was after dark, and our motion-detector lights were spotlighting the pile.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Ippon
Sweet!

The Mark V will be replaced by a ... ?

Royal Atlantic! Royal Atlantic!

HNAD! Something about the white panels like the ones on Orange and Splawns is just super sexy.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Last edited by Guy_Mitchell at May 29, 2014,
Oh man that's a sweet amp, I've been interested in Morgans for a while.
Happy new amp day!
Very cool. An EF86 AC30 that doesn't catch fire; gotta love that.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Looks really nice. You should get a couch with matching fabric.

HNAD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Ippon
Sweet!

The Mark V will be replaced by a ... ?

Well this was supposed to be the Mark V's replacement Unless a Marshall 2555 happens to show up on craiglist.

For those interested in getting a Morgan a word of caution: Do NOT buy direct from Morgan. Seriously. It's a one man operation and he seems to be having major issues with communication. Just search TGP and you'll see how bad it currently is. Order from a dealer or buy used.

Have I mentioned how loud this thing is? Even with the power scaling this is not a bedroom amp. Plus the louder you get it the more dynamic and responsive it becomes. This is one of those amps where the tone really is in your fingers. You can achieve so many different tones just by altering the way you pick and I've had a number of other guitarists try the thing out and each of them sounds drastically different without changing anything. That was never the case with the Mesas.
Quote by icronic
Put a quick clip in my profile just noodling around with reverb and echo. Amp was in EF86 Mode, w/ volume at noon power scaling at 10:00 and cut way down at 9:00 Bright and bass cut were both on. So as you can imagine this amp can get really REALLY dark if desired.

Will do a better clip with a real mic a little later.

Just checked the clip, sounds pretty badass. Congrats!

Btw, I listened to the other clips while I was there, & the Troubled Tale clip is awesome. I really liked that.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011