I'm looking for a guitar that has both magnetic pickups (like in a solid body) and floating bridge pickups (like in a archtop). Any suggestions?
I am aware of no such guitar with both a piezo and humbuckers other than Parker Flys and certain customs I've played. You can buy a regular solid body and install an piezo system, but i hear that doesn't turn out too well, usually.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Sorry, I've never run across one (doesn't mean its not out there), but you can always buy a floating bridge pickup and install it on your archtop that already has a magnetic pickup.

Or like The Stig said you can get piezo electric pickups that are mounted in the bridge saddles of your solidbody electric, this gives you a better acoustic sound. I think Music Man offers some guitars with them(don''t quote me though). I've only met a couple people who have them and they seem quite finicky, but they seem to like the tonal diversity it gives.

Good luck on your search.
Tons of guitars with piezos and humbuckers out there.

Trussart has the Steelphonic, Gibson has a few (including the Lifeson Axcess, the SG Supra), Epiphone has the Ultra III (?) that has a nanomag (instead of the piezo saddles) plus humbuckers, there's the Music Man Petrucci 6, the Crafter SA-TM VS and a bunch of others, the PRS P24 Trem OI and Hollowbody II Artist RI, Gibson LPX, Duesenberg Starplayer Plus. And then Line 6 has the entire current Variax line. And Carvin has a wide variety of them, most ready to go MIDI as well. iGuitar does them routinely, both for MIDI and for "acoustic" sounds.

Piezos are not terribly difficult to install (LR Baggs has them, but I like the Graphtech Ghost series bridges and the LB63 Floyd trem). But you may want to have a tech do it, especially if you want to add controls for the piezo pickup and if you want to run the two stereo and/or blended. You'll probably want to install a battery box in the back of the guitar rather than in the control cavity (easier/faster to get to). The results are stellar. You can run them as "acoustic" style output and/or you can run them as MIDI controllers.
Quote by Jadams12
I'm looking for a guitar that has both magnetic pickups (like in a solid body) and floating bridge pickups (like in a archtop). Any suggestions?

When you say "floating" bridge pickups, are you talking "floating" like the suspended (from the neck and pickguard) pickups that don't touch the top of the guitar?
There's also the Taylor T5, which has a pair of humbuckers and an interesting pickup setup on the underside of the top.
The prs semi hollow has that combo. So does the se model.

So do a lot of other guitars and as has been posted it's not that hard of a mod to do to a standard guitar.
I haz gotten gud
Quote by dspellman
When you say "floating" bridge pickups, are you talking "floating" like the suspended (from the neck and pickguard) pickups that don't touch the top of the guitar?

That's what I thought. That's what a floating pickup is, I don't see why everyone is assuming it's a piezo. This is a floating pickup:

Notice it doesn't have any mounting rings. It's connected to the pickguard so it "floats" on the top instead of being attached to it.

The whole point of a floating pickup is to let the top resonate by not punching holes and bolting heavy metal parts to it, which is why they're only used on hollowbody/archtop guitars. I don't see why anyone would make a guitar with a floating pickup and then mount a regular pickup to the top. It would be like having a tricycle with training wheels.

Archtops don't sound like archtops because they have floating pickups, they sound the way they do because they're big, hollow guitars. If you want a solidbody to sound like an archtop a floating pickup is not going to help.
Quote by Roc8995
That's what I thought. That's what a floating pickup is, I don't see why everyone is assuming it's a piezo. This is a floating pickup:

Notice it doesn't have any mounting rings. It's connected to the pickguard so it "floats" on the top instead of being attached to it.

The whole point of a floating pickup is to let the top resonate by not punching holes and bolting heavy metal parts to it, which is why they're only used on hollowbody/archtop guitars. I don't see why anyone would make a guitar with a floating pickup and then mount a regular pickup to the top. It would be like having a tricycle with training wheels.

That's originally what I assumed too, then I thought the same thing. Then I found a floating bridge pickup could also be a piezo mounted to the underside of an archtop's floating bride.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I guess it could, but if you walk into any guitar shop in the US and ask for "a floating pickup like an archtop" they're not going to get you a piezo. They're going to get you a floating magnetic pickup.

If you went and asked for a guitar pick maybe someone could find you a guitar shaped like an ice pick, but the far more common assumption and the way we use that word every day is a little plastic thing you use to pluck the strings. "Floating pickup" is a pretty common and well-understood term in the jazz guitar sphere and it does not mean a piezo under the top. You'd just call that a piezo, wouldn't you?

What purpose does language serve if we have to explain things that are assumed to be commonly understood? Language itself is just a collection of common understandings so what does it mean that you can call a piezo a floating pickup even though nobody ever is going to know that's what you mean? Are we letting people who don't understand definitions erase knowledge by using alternate definitions out of ignorance? Can we get a philosopher in here?
I guess Google doesn't get the whole "language" thing either. The first two results are peizos, and most of the pictures are piezos.

Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Ah! I get it. It's a pickup for a "floating bridge". As in, the archtop style bridge that's only held on by string pressure. It's not a "floating" bridge pickup, it's a "floating bridge" pickup.
My google results were completely different, because I just searched "floating pickup" which gets you almost exclusively the sorts of thing I was talking about the first time around - pickups that themselves are floating, and almost all magnetic. No mention of piezos on the first page at all.

So it could well be a piezo, but we'll need clarification. Good to know!
Quote by Roc8995
Ah! I get it. It's a pickup for a "floating bridge". As in, the archtop style bridge that's only held on by string pressure. It's not a "floating" bridge pickup, it's a "floating bridge" pickup.
My google results were completely different, because I just searched "floating pickup" which gets you almost exclusively the sorts of thing I was talking about the first time around - pickups that themselves are floating, and almost all magnetic. No mention of piezos on the first page at all.

So it could well be a piezo, but we'll need clarification. Good to know!

Yeah that's what I was trying to explain before haha.

On the topic of floating bridges and pickups. Piezo mounted to a Floyd or Strat trem. I wonder if anyone has tried this....

That's off topic. I shall await clarification from the OP.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
You may have to have the pickups custom fitted if you aren't handy at such things, but you can run their output to a Baggs Mixpro via a stereo cable, and blend them to taste. The Mixpro can be set fo a just about any pickup or mic, and it is small enough to put on your guitar strap or belt. I used one for gigging for a while, before that a "Resonance" mixer/preamp that did the same thing.
Quote by Roc8995
Graphtech makes Ghost saddles for strat and Floyd systems.

My Variax JTV-89F uses the entire Graphtech assembly (piezos already mounted on a Floyd Rose bridge):

In this case the piezos feed the Variax electronics. They can also feed a Graphtech preamp, or they can be connected to a standard 13-pin and run out to any MIDI-based controller. The JTV-69 (Strat copy) Variax trem uses LR Baggs piezos.