Poll: Is Metallica a good band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Metallica a good band?
Metallica is a good band
108 63%
Metallica is not a good band
32 19%
Leave polls to the glorious lolmnt you bucket of smashed clams
32 19%
Voters: 172.
Come, brotheran, as we decide Metallica's fate on ultimate guitar. There was much controversy on thou band so a poll must be made.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by ApatheticMe
The polls not ready yet.

I vote we stop talking about bands for old fogeys.

The poll is up now.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
The poll is up now.

Lame poll is lame.

No punny "kill em all" joke...

laammmmeeeeee
I haz gotten gud
i like metallica I get that they're kinda dumb but whatever
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
i like metallica I get that they're kinda dumb but whatever

Shhhhh. Don't say that.

You're not allowed to say that you like metallica on Ug.

or nickel back or cold play

We're only supposed to like Dave Grohl and really obscure prog bands.
I haz gotten gud
'tallica sucks dick.

'tallica is ghey.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by ApatheticMe
Shhhhh. Don't say that.

everything in this post sucks
Quote by ApatheticMe
Shhhhh. Don't say that.

Dude. Dude...

You weren't supposed to tell the uninitiated.
I like metallica... then i heard lulu.

What has been heard cannot be unheard.
I would have an opinion on Metallica if I cared enough to have an opinion on Metallica.
They are a good band but I think their best work was in the 80's and they have been in decline since the Black Album. The Black Album is great but it's overplayed. Also James Hetfield's voice is soo clean now that he doesn't really sound metal and his vocals are more rock. They still play live pretty good but can be sloppy.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I actually find this thread to be quite interesting, in that the winner of the poll is obviously "Metallica is a good band", while almost every comment here is saying why it's a bad band. Just proves the point that it's not that everyone hates Metallica, but it's that the majority of people who are vocal about the band are the ones that bash it. The internet for ya.
Quote by Jimjambanx
I actually find this thread to be quite interesting, in that the winner of the poll is obviously "Metallica is a good band", while almost every comment here is saying why it's a bad band. Just proves the point that it's not that everyone hates Metallica, but it's that the majority of people who are vocal about the band are the ones that bash it. The internet for ya.

You have to account for people like me. I think Metallica is a great band but currently they just aren't as good as they used to be IMO.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by guitarist5477
You have to account for people like me. I think Metallica is a great band but currently they just aren't as good as they used to be IMO.

That's a given, I'm pretty sure all Metallica fans can agree that they aren't as good as they used to be (though I do reckon DM is better than their 90's stuff). But even then, the amount of people who are vocally against Metallica still seems to be much larger than those who like them at all. So next time someone asks "Why does everyone hate Metallica?" I think looking at a straight number based poll like this can disprove that statement I think.
Last edited by Jimjambanx at May 30, 2014,
Quote by Jimjambanx
That's a given, I'm pretty sure all Metallica fans can agree that they aren't as good as they used to be (though I do reckon DM is better than their 90's stuff). But even then, the amount of people who are vocally against Metallica still seems to be much larger than those who like them at all. So next time people ask "Why does everyone hate Metallica?" I think looking at a straight number based poll like this can disprove that statement I think.

I just realize the same thing applies for Nickleback, cause a lot of people are very vocal about their hatred for them yet...they are very successful. It's like their fans are a persecuted people who hide their beliefs in the dark for fear of being identified as a...Nicklehead. Then we'll start to see posters saying "How to identify a Nicklehead"

Death Magnetic is a fun album to play along to. I wouldn't listen to it anymore though.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by guitarist5477
I just realize the same thing applies for Nickleback, cause a lot of people are very vocal about their hatred for them yet...they are very successful. It's like their fans are a persecuted people who hide their beliefs in the dark for fear of being identified as a...Nicklehead. Then we'll start to see posters saying "How to identify a Nicklehead"

Same way I feel about A7X and Disturbed, as a fan of both bands I often fear saying I like either bands because it seems everyone with a keyboard hates A7X, and hates anything to do with David Draimon. The internet, where everything you like can and will be held against you .
As someone with the most embarrassing Metallica related username....

STAHP IT!!!!
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by ApatheticMe

I vote we stop talking about bands for old fogeys.

Heh, I remember, around the 'Ride the Lightning' era, when Metallica fans used to say that exact same thing about most of my favourite bands.
They are a fine band with memorable riffs that entertain millions of people around the world. No, they're not high art, but neither is the shit you're listening to, most likely. Case closed.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I just can't stand Kirk Hammett. Boring ass interviews with that guy -_-
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by S-Gsus
I just can't stand Kirk Hammett. Boring ass interviews with that guy -_-

I'm not sure what his interviews have to do with his ability to play music...

OT:
I do like Metallica. I'm a bigger fan of their early work, though. (Fyi, I wasn't saying, in the previous thread, that they were bad. I just listed some common criticisms that I saw as valid.) Death Magnetic was ok, although I wish they had used less compression. In any case...Metallica is not my favorite band, but I do like their Thrash stuff*.

*And yes, Death Magnetic was Thrash. Tbf, it sounds a lot better than some of the lesser known '80s Thrash.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 30, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'm not sure what his interviews have to do with his ability to play music...

Absolutely diddly squat, I just don't like him much. Hetfield gives a good interview though

Hint: If I'm bothering to read Metallica interviews I must like at least some of their songs
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by S-Gsus
Absolutely diddly squat, I just don't like him much. Hetfield gives a good interview though

Hint: If I'm bothering to read Metallica interviews I must like at least some of their songs

Yes. But interviews are like a side thing. Clearly, you like their music (at least some of it). So, why not focus on that?