Page 1 of 3
So someone just came into my house, thinking nobody was going to be awake. I was in my living room and called down when I heard the door open, they left instantly but took my skateboard that was sitting beside the door. So I run downstairs, look out and see the guy running around the corner of the street. I'm chasing him in my socks and catch him around the corner but he tossed it somewhere. I grabbed him and of course he says he didn't have it and that him and his buddy, who was standing on the corner and was now behind me, are just getting smokes at 2am... I said it's bull shit, yadda yadda, then he walks a few feet over and picks up a knife he dropped on the street and says "won't grab me next time will you". So I come back home and a guy watched it from his car and pretty much confirmed what I already knew.

I don't care so much that they took my skateboard (though I'm going to owe my cousin some new destructos), it's more the fact that I thought I was in a relatively safe area of the city. I come from the country where we never lock our doors and the biggest threat is the neighbours dog. When the dude picked up the knife I was totally shocked and kind of glad I didn't try to take a swing at him or something prior. I feel like I should have a bat or something by my door now if something like that happens again.

Anyone have any similar stories? Do you have some sort of "protection" for a situation like this? Or do you carry a knife/weapon on you when you're just walking around? This has really got me thinking.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
no matter how safe things are, its probably still a good idea to lock your doors

never know when shit's gonna get all Hinterkaifeck on you
just lock your door
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Buy 100 chihauhaus and a rottweiler. Train the rottweiler as a guard dog. The chihauhaus will imitate the rottweiler. In time, they will be so ingrained in the mindset of "I'm a hugeass guard dog" that you will be able to sell the rottweiler. Then, whenever someone enters your home uninvited, they will all viciously attack the intruder. 100 tiny mouths, all biting that dastardly thief!
sam pls
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
sam pls

lolmnt, y u hav no faith in mah plan?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 30, 2014,
Nah, I live in like one of the most dangerous areas in the country, But if you're just aware when walking around or are with people, then you won't really get in trouble. But I do hear all the time about strong arm robberies and shit like that.
I should clarify; when I said "we never lock our doors" I meant my home home. This happened at my school home. I actually do lock my door here on most nights, but my buddy was over and left earlier and I never locked it behind him. Gonna make sure I do every night now.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Always lock your home up at night. There is always junkies out there looking to steal sh*t.
Why don't people lock their doors? I live in a very small town and I can see the Police station from my porch but everything is still always locked.
In my areas a lot of burglaries tend to happen and my bedroom is downstairs in my house so at night I lock my bedroom door and I keep a baseball bat in my room just in case.
Quote by lolmnt
just lock your door

This, O. P. Derpowitz
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My front door is self-locking and I need an access card to get past the gate at the main entrance so I don't consciously think about these things

Just gotta be aware of your surroundings the rest of the time
cat
Quote by Thrashtastic15
knife or not, if he gets me hes dying with me.

That's really sort of romantic, bleeding out in each others' arms on the pavement in the street lights. <3
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
That's really sort of romantic, bleeding out in each others' arms on the pavement in the street lights. <3

ima luvr not a fightr
Quote by bifteksupernova
So someone just came into my house, thinking nobody was going to be awake. I was in my living room and called down when I heard the door open, they left instantly but took my skateboard that was sitting beside the door. So I run downstairs, look out and see the guy running around the corner of the street. I'm chasing him in my socks and catch him around the corner but he tossed it somewhere. I grabbed him and of course he says he didn't have it and that him and his buddy, who was standing on the corner and was now behind me, are just getting smokes at 2am... I said it's bull shit, yadda yadda, then he walks a few feet over and picks up a knife he dropped on the street and says "won't grab me next time will you". So I come back home and a guy watched it from his car and pretty much confirmed what I already knew.

I don't care so much that they took my skateboard (though I'm going to owe my cousin some new destructos), it's more the fact that I thought I was in a relatively safe area of the city. I come from the country where we never lock our doors and the biggest threat is the neighbours dog. When the dude picked up the knife I was totally shocked and kind of glad I didn't try to take a swing at him or something prior. I feel like I should have a bat or something by my door now if something like that happens again.

Anyone have any similar stories? Do you have some sort of "protection" for a situation like this? Or do you carry a knife/weapon on you when you're just walking around? This has really got me thinking.

your country's trust in humans is cute OP.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Hammer under the bed. Never had to use it.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
Hammer under the bed. Never had to use it.

A bat is better bro. more range. hammer vs knife is a tricky fight. if you throw hammer you HAVE to hit as well.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
whoa be careful! i know nothing about security or weapons and have never owned any and never would

darn
Quote by JackalUK
A spear has more range again, a bow is even better, how about a gun!

all top notch suggestions sir!
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
If we bought the missile silo we could have protected you with an ICBM!
In a civilised society no one should have to lock their door. It's the sign of a criminalistic society that we have to lock our doors. #YesAllPeople

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
A bat is better bro. more range. hammer vs knife is a tricky fight. if you throw hammer you HAVE to hit as well.

Just swing like a cunt.

Then replicate the scene from 'Kill List'

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Last edited by slash_GNR666 at May 30, 2014,
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

Hammers are for hitting things, not throwing.

You ever tried to put a nail through a piece wood with a bat? Believe me, it's much easier with a hammer.
What I'm saying is, a hammer is a much more efficient thing to hit a person with than a bat, if you intend on seriously injuring them.
Hit someone's arm with a hammer (such as the arm of the hand holding the knife) and it's more likely that you will break bones than with a bat.
I live on the fourth floor, with two selflocking doors before my steel door, which I keep locked.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Hammers are for hitting things, not throwing.

You ever tried to put a nail through a piece wood with a bat? Believe me, it's much easier with a hammer.
What I'm saying is, a hammer is a much more efficient thing to hit a person with than a bat, if you intend on seriously injuring them.
Hit someone's arm with a hammer (such as the arm of the hand holding the knife) and it's more likely that you will break bones than with a bat.

Yeah, but to hit someone on the arm with a hammer you'd have to on range of the knife, which gives him the opportunity to dodge and then stab you.

And if you would want to avoid that by throwing a hammer at his face, then he can still dodge and you'd be left with nothing.

To me a bat would be safer. like an iron one or a solid wooden.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Yeah, but to hit someone on the arm with a hammer you'd have to on range of the knife, which gives him the opportunity to dodge and then stab you.

A hammer is usualy longer than the average knife. I agree that a bat obviously has a longer range but in a tight confine, as you may have in your house, a hammer would be better.

Think of it as similar to a policeman's batton but with a metal weight on the end. Or in other words, a 'mace'.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

And if you would want to avoid that by throwing a hammer at his face, then he can still dodge and you'd be left with nothing.

As it happens, I have a collection of antique hammers. I'd be armed with more than one hammer.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

To me a bat would be safer. like an iron one or a solid wooden.

I'd just feel more comfortable with a hammer in my hand.

Also, personaly, I'd find someone threatening me with a hammer to be more intimidating than someone threatening me with a bat. The way I see it, the best result is if you can get them to run away rather than actualy having to confront them.
As an ex-blacksmith I think you would be a little biased towards a good hammer
I live in a gated community but all the stupid ****ing hoodrats that live here jimmied all the entrances so people can just yank on the gates to get them open. Always keep your shit locked bro, you'll never know who's gonna steal your shit.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by JackalUK
As an ex-blacksmith I think you would be a little biased towards a good hammer

This is true.

I'm damn good with a hammer, I can even do tricks and juggle with them, I'd just feel more comfortable confronting someone who has a knife with a hammer than with a bat.
So the point of this discussion

Hammer>Bat

Srs watch the link and show me a disturbing bat clip from a film
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by SlackerBabbath
This is true.

I'm damn good with a hammer, I can even do tricks and juggle with them, I'd just feel more comfortable confronting someone who has a knife with a hammer than with a bat.

I hit myself on the thumb with a hammer enough times to be biased against it
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Page 1 of 3