Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of guitars that are sold stock with EMG SA single coil pickups? I know they sell them preloaded in a pickguard for around 300 dollars, but I would really like to know if I can get an actual guitar with all three pickups already installed. My budget is from $750-1000 (that's really stretching it), the cheaper the better. I would prefer a strat body shape. Tremolo (not necessarily locking, I like vintage trems too) and 22 frets are extra pluses but are not necessary. I'm located in the Bay Area in California, but I'm fine with buying online from zzounds/musician's friend/etc. Preferably, the guitar would be new.

Thanks,
Walrus
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
The Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG would seem to be right up your alley.

Here's one on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Fernandes-Retrorocket-Deluxe-Dg-Electric/dp/B00328HPUK

As you can see it would normally be out of your price range. However, Fernandes is having a limited supply clearance sale:

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/retrorocket/75-retrorocket-deluxe-dg.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That is honestly PERFECT for what I want, thank you SO much for showing me this. I'm slightly worried about Fernandes though, will the quality on these models be good? If they normally sell for 1.2k, why is Fernandes selling these 8 for half price?

EDIT: Also, how will the trem be? I know Wilkinson makes really good trems (good enough for Guthrie Govan = good enough for me, lol), but the fact that Fernandes didn't list a model makes me worry that it's just Wilkinson licensed, like a Floyd Rose on a cheap guitar.

Gear:
ZOOM G5
Last edited by wahalrus at May 31, 2014,
Near as I can tell, Fernandes is just unloading accumulated inventory. And I wouldn't worry about the overall quality. I tried to buy a Ravelle SHIN Koi from their website- I have a Ravelle Goldtop LE with identical specs, and love the Koi- and before it shipped, they informed me that the one they had left was defective, and I was not charged.

As for the Trem, the only Wilkinson I own is on a Fret-King Super 60HB. It has performed flawlessly, though it was a pain to figure out its initial setup.

The only licensed Wilkinsons I know of are Gotohs and Allparts, and I haven't heard a peep about bad quality.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Do you know what the neck on the Fernandes Retrorocket you linked me is like? The website just says a 14" radius, which is a bit worrying as I currently have a Fender Lonestar Strat with a 9.5" radius, but I'm sure I'll be able to adjust. Is it a fat neck like a chunky Les Paul, super thin like an Ibanez, or a medium regular type like a Fender Modern C?

Also, do you know where the deluxe line of guitars is made by any chance?

Gear:
ZOOM G5
Fernandes generally caters to the hard-rock and metal shredders, so their necks tend towards the skinny side. Not Ibanez wizard thin but thin nonetheless.

I believe all of Fernandes' guitars that are not made in Japan are made in Korea. The 2 Ravelles I have are very well made. No manufacturing defects detected.