Page 1 of 2
Hello,

In a few months I'm moving to a new room (I'm a student). I've got some neighbors around me and I don't want to make lots of noise for them.
I've got a Peavey 6505+ head and an Orange PPC212 closed back cab. Since I want to record things, I'm gonna buy a Scarlett 2i2 to make some fun.
Now, a my Peavey only sounds good when the volume is cranked up a bit, and that will be too loud for the neighbors.. I've seen some options like buying an attenuator etc. But I want to know what's best. I prefer to not spend a lot of money on this case..
Any advice so I can still shred and be a good neighbor?

Greetz.
I record mine at level 0.9/1 most of the time, its too loud otherwise and I run mine with a 4X12, I have a TS9, an EQ and an NS2 that I use to compensate for the lack of volume. It works pretty decently and keeps the tone tight.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I'd get a better audio interface and stick to amp sims so you can play without making any noise if you have headphones, you don't need good mic's, you don't need to know how to place mic's and so on.

Head to the recording section and read the stickies for more info about audio interfaces and amp sims.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by RBM01991
I record mine at level 0.9/1 most of the time, its too loud otherwise and I run mine with a 4X12, I have a TS9, an EQ and an NS2 that I use to compensate for the lack of volume. It works pretty decently and keeps the tone tight.

Wow, I'm kinda new in this.. I just want to play with my gear, but don't want to make a lot of noise. I'd like to have my Peavey connected to my audio interface and then record like so. (I know I'll need an impulse to sound good.)
Quote by Spambot_2
I'd get a better audio interface and stick to amp sims so you can play without making any noise if you have headphones, you don't need good mic's, you don't need to know how to place mic's and so on.

Head to the recording section and read the stickies for more info about audio interfaces and amp sims.

Ok. So I better sell my head and cab? I like them so much.. :/
Last edited by Berteko at May 30, 2014,
Quote by Berteko
Wow, I'm kinda new in this.. I just want to play with my gear, but don't want to make a lot of noise. I'd like to have my Peavey connected to my audio interface and then record like so. (I know I'll need an impulse to sound good.)
No, wait, you can't really do that.

It happens that people want to connect their guitar amps to their recording interfaces using the power amp output, which is the output people use to connect amps to cabs.
Luckily some of these people come here asking if the thing is doable so other people can stop them - you'd break a fuse since your amp's smart, but if it wasn't you'd fry the interface's first stage + maybe some later stages, and your amp's power section.

The problem with that is that the current coming out from the power amp output is a shit ton of current compared to what the interface's designed to take - high impedance instruments signals and line levels.

So, you may plug the preamp output (fx send) into your interface, but that's generally regarded as a pretty bad sounding way of recording stuff - I'd rather use amp sims.

If you like your amp, by any means keep it, but I wouldn't use that to record.
Also, just so you know, the "impulse" you're talking about is an impulse response, which is a representation of how a sound changes passing through an environment, in this case a guitar cabinet.

Again, head to the recording forum and read the interfaces and the amp sims stickies, they'll give you lotsa valuable info.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Berteko

No unfortunately it doesn't work that way, but I would just get a microphone like an SM57 and mic it to the cab and plug the microphone into the interface. There's no need to sell your head and your cab, that's ******ed. I just use a Tube Screamer to help the amp maintain some good tones at a low volume, an EQ to keep it tight and get some of the high end fuzz off, and the NS2 to keep the noise level down. Otherwise record as normal.

EDIT: apparently ret@rded in its proper spelling is a bad word
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Quote by Spambot_2
No, wait, you can't really do that.

It happens that people want to connect their guitar amps to their recording interfaces using the power amp output, which is the output people use to connect amps to cabs.
Luckily some of these people come here asking if the thing is doable so other people can stop them - you'd break a fuse since your amp's smart, but if it wasn't you'd fry the interface's first stage + maybe some later stages, and your amp's power section.

The problem with that is that the current coming out from the power amp output is a shit ton of current compared to what the interface's designed to take - high impedance instruments signals and line levels.

So, you may plug the preamp output (fx send) into your interface, but that's generally regarded as a pretty bad sounding way of recording stuff - I'd rather use amp sims.

If you like your amp, by any means keep it, but I wouldn't use that to record.
Also, just so you know, the "impulse" you're talking about is an impulse response, which is a representation of how a sound changes passing through an environment, in this case a guitar cabinet.

Again, head to the recording forum and read the interfaces and the amp sims stickies, they'll give you lotsa valuable info.

Yeah, I know I couldn't connect it with the power amp output. I don't think my Peavey has one? I tried it with the preamp connected to an older audio interface. I opened GarageBand, loaded the Impulse of Cartharsis and it sounded 'ok'.
I also have Guitar Rig, but the tones aren't that tight and sparkly as my Peavey. I saw Misha Mansoor once playin' without makin' noise. I think he was connected to a Two Notes Torpedo Live, but I can't afford that.. I'll read some stickies.
Quote by RBM01991
No unfortunately it doesn't work that way, but I would just get a microphone like an SM57 and mic it to the cab and plug the microphone into the interface. There's no need to sell your head and your cab, that's ******ed. I just use a Tube Screamer to help the amp maintain some good tones at a low volume, an EQ to keep it tight and get some of the high end fuzz off, and the NS2 to keep the noise level down. Otherwise record as normal.

EDIT: apparently ret@rded in its proper spelling is a bad word

So if I get an EQ, I can turn the volume of my Peavey up to a good sounding volume and turn the volume that I can hear down with the EQ.. That would be good!
an Overdrive Pedal like a TubeScreamer/TS9 and an EQ helps that amp tremendously.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Air Guitar...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Clue: Amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet. Use amp sims for quiet recording with headphones and save your amp for those upcoming stadium gigs. Digital modeling does have a learning curve but you can get most excellent results with it.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Berteko
Yeah, I know I couldn't connect it with the power amp output. I don't think my Peavey has one?
You see the two "speaker output" jacks?
They are the power amp outputs.
Quote by Berteko
I tried it with the preamp connected to an older audio interface. I opened GarageBand, loaded the Impulse of Cartharsis and it sounded 'ok'.
I also have Guitar Rig, but the tones aren't that tight and sparkly as my Peavey.
There are better sounding amp sims.
LePou's stuff, bx_rockrack, softube amp rooms...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Berteko
Hello,

In a few months I'm moving to a new room (I'm a student). I've got some neighbors around me and I don't want to make lots of noise for them.

Any advice so I can still shred and be a good neighbor?

A modeler and a good set of headphones. Leave the amp at home.

On the cheap? A used Pod XT "bean" and a set of Sony 7506 headphones.

If you try bringing your amp head into the mix, you're going to be screwing with load boxes/attenuators, IRs, all of that, and you'll still end up listening through a set of headphones because a quiet screaming amp doesn't sound good (see Fletcher-Munson for the reasons why).
Quote by Spambot_2
You see the two "speaker output" jacks?
They are the power amp outputs.
There are better sounding amp sims.
LePou's stuff, bx_rockrack, softube amp rooms...

I did some research and watched some vids. It's sounds almost very good now! :p
It's just a pitty I have to leave my amp at home..
Quote by dspellman
A modeler and a good set of headphones. Leave the amp at home.

On the cheap? A used Pod XT "bean" and a set of Sony 7506 headphones.

If you try bringing your amp head into the mix, you're going to be screwing with load boxes/attenuators, IRs, all of that, and you'll still end up listening through a set of headphones because a quiet screaming amp doesn't sound good (see Fletcher-Munson for the reasons why).

I've tried the LePou, Cartharsis.. plugins. They're great. Gonna use those and I'm gonna buy the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 studio box. Contains mic, heads and audio interface.
^ if you have the money get a Mackie Onyx Blackjack or a Saffire Pro 14, and a PCIe firewire card if your computer doesn't have any FireWire interface already.
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: Amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
**** that's a hell of a quote!
Quote by dspellman
On the cheap? A used Pod XT "bean" and a set of Sony 7506 headphones..
I'd get AKG K-240 mkII's or Sony 7510's or ATH-M50's instead of the 7506 if you were to buy headphones on the cheap.

Also, TS, please use the EDIT button instead of posting 3 messages in a row.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at May 30, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
^ if you have the money get a Mackie Onyx Blackjack or a Saffire Pro 14, and a PCIe firewire card if your computer doesn't have any FireWire interface already.
**** that's a hell of a quote!
I'd get AKG K-240 mkII's or Sony 7510's or ATH-M50's instead of the 7506 if you were to buy headphones on the cheap.

Also, TS, please use the EDIT button instead of posting 3 messages in a row.

What's wrong with the Scarlett 2i2? The sticky says it's a good one. Many famous players like Misha Mansoor are using it. + in the package there's a headphone and mic included.
^ the sticky says it's a good one for the money.
I think it's among the best stuff you can get for the money, too.
Thing is, it doesn't really sound good y' know.
The problem there is that the pre's are powered by the current received via usb which isn't enough to make them perform nice, and that's the reason why I suggested FW interfaces.

I don't really know where misha uses that, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't use it for anything really important.
Why would he anyway, he's got an axe fx...

You know what happens when you take an audio interface, a pair of headphones and a condenser mic, and you stuff them in a package that costs $250?
None of the thins included sound good.
If you wanna make money at least.
IYAM a good idea would be getting a nice audio interface, then getting a nice set of headphones to play guitar and fiddle around with, and only then getting a good mic.
Plus, the cheapest condenser mic that sounds good recording guitar cabs costs more than $250 alone, so I'd wait until I had decided what I wanna do, what I wanna record and so on.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2

The problem there is that the pre's are powered by the current received via usb which isn't enough to make them perform nice, and that's the reason why I suggested FW interfaces.

USB max (w/data) is 900ma, IEEE1394 is 1250ma, I'm not sure that's the deciding factor?
Charles Darwin
USB 2.0 goes up to 500ma and 5v, USB 3.0 goes up to 900ma and 5v, and USB 3.1 goes up to 5a and 20v.
Most audio interfaces you find these days are USB 1.1 and 2.0 as far as I know.

I can't really find any specific data about how much power they FireWire 400 ports can provide, but the stuff I find more often is between 500ma and 1200ma and 12.8v to 25v.

That's more current enough if ya ask me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
You looked into Voxs AmPlug range. Probably not the most amazing tone of all time but very inexpensive and small enough to fit in your pocket

I've literally JUST had my review of the AmPlug Twin approved on UG if you wanna read it.

People diss them cos they don't sound as good as a "proper" amp but they're 1/20th the price, 1/100th the weight and 1/1000th the volume. Horses for courses
Quote by Spambot_2
USB 2.0 goes up to 500ma and 5v, USB 3.0 goes up to 900ma and 5v, and USB 3.1 goes up to 5a and 20v.
Most audio interfaces you find these days are USB 1.1 and 2.0 as far as I know.

I can't really find any specific data about how much power they FireWire 400 ports can provide, but the stuff I find more often is between 500ma and 1200ma and 12.8v to 25v.

That's more current enough if ya ask me.

Now go look at the 'good' interfaces and see what they draw. You'll find that lack of current isn't the concern. Also, USB 3.1 5a is a 'charging' spec, and not concurrent with data transfer or I'd have used it...
Charles Darwin
Yeah I know they're not much cop for a live band, I have a TU-3 for that. I'm talking for acoustic open mic stuff so there won't be any bass player, just moi and the singist.

Been looking at the snarks, also the Boss offering
Quote by Arby911
Now go look at the 'good' interfaces and see what they draw. You'll find that lack of current isn't the concern.
My go to mid priced firewire interface, the onyx blackbird, sucks 25w.
The most popular go to cheap usb interface, the scarlett 2i4, runs on USB 2.0 power and doesn't have any AC or DC input.
Quote by Arby911
Also, USB 3.1 5a is a 'charging' spec, and not concurrent with data transfer or I'd have used it...
This may be wrong or stuff, though the table says USB 3.1 is capable of sending 5amp at 20v, and then there are the power delivery standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Iso cab.

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned that. These two are 75 watts, so you'll either need an attenuator, or a 100 watt speaker to replace the old one. Celestion makes one called the G12 K100 that I think I see some people say they really like.

Even with the Iso, you may still want to throw some sound proofing stuffs into the cab. They can still get pretty bassy so that should help. Also it would help to raise it up onto something so the bass doesn't make the floor rumble and piss off the neighbors.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SilentSister/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SilentSisTan/
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by Spambot_2
^ the sticky says it's a good one for the money.
I think it's among the best stuff you can get for the money, too.
Thing is, it doesn't really sound good y' know.

I don't really know where misha uses that, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't use it for anything really important.
Why would he anyway, he's got an axe fx...

You know what happens when you take an audio interface, a pair of headphones and a condenser mic, and you stuff them in a package that costs $250?
None of the thins included sound good.
If you wanna make money at least.
IYAM a good idea would be getting a nice audio interface, then getting a nice set of headphones to play guitar and fiddle around with, and only then getting a good mic.
Plus, the cheapest condenser mic that sounds good recording guitar cabs costs more than $250 alone, so I'd wait until I had decided what I wanna do, what I wanna record and so on.

He uses one when he' showing his recording techniques (first minute etc.).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9VhozNHNk
The Focusrite needs to be powered by an adaptor I see.. That's not that big of a problem. Or isn't this needed for recording guitars? And I have a MacBook Pro (2012), so I'll need a 400 to 800 converter.
Still, maybe it's because of my 'old' Roland Duo-Capture audio interface, these free plugins aren't that great. It doesn't sound like a good amp. Will it ever? It's kinda muddy and not that tight. Some tips/advice for that?
Last edited by Berteko at Jun 1, 2014,
Quote by Guy_Mitchell
Iso cab.

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned that. These two are 75 watts, so you'll either need an attenuator, or a 100 watt speaker to replace the old one. Celestion makes one called the G12 K100 that I think I see some people say they really like.

Even with the Iso, you may still want to throw some sound proofing stuffs into the cab. They can still get pretty bassy so that should help. Also it would help to raise it up onto something so the bass doesn't make the floor rumble and piss off the neighbors.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SilentSister/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SilentSisTan/

I don't have a shitload of money! :p
Quote by Berteko
The Focusrite needs to be powered by an adaptor I see...
I checked the thing - you can't even give it more power with an adapter.
Quote by Berteko
Or isn't this needed for recording guitars?
No you don't need that for recording guitars, though it will not sound that good.
Quote by Berteko
Still, maybe it's because of my 'old' Roland Duo-Capture audio interface, these free plugins aren't that great. It doesn't sound like a good amp. Will it ever? It's kinda muddy and not that tight. Some tips/advice for that?
What free plugins are we talking about?

I'd check out LePou's stuff if you haven't done that yet.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
I checked the thing - you can't even give it more power with an adapter.
No you don't need that for recording guitars, though it will not sound that good.
What free plugins are we talking about?

I'd check out LePou's stuff if you haven't done that yet.

So I better use the adapter..
I did check LePou's stuff. I also use the Cartharsis impulses.. Is it possible to sound like a good amp?
Quote by Guy_Mitchell
Iso cab.

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned that.

They're bulky, heavy and they don't necessarily sound good. Other than that, it's a thought.

The very best solution for those who want to drive their amps really hard and drop the volume output (without affecting tone at all) is a FluxTone speaker. http://www.fluxtone-speakers.com/ Essentially, it takes your favorite speaker (Celestion V30, EVL, whatever) and substitutes an electromagnet for the fixed magnet on the back. It's a bit more complicated than that, but since the moving parts (cone material and surround, voice coil, etc.) are responsible for the sound (and the magnet material mostly not) of a speaker, and since the output transformer/voice coil circuit is uninterrupted by tone-changing load and motor circuits, you get the tone you came for. But by dialing the electromagnet down, you can reduce the *efficiency* of the speaker by a huge amount -- up to 25 dB, the equivalent of making your 30W amp into a 1/8thW amp.

There are a couple of passive versions that get maybe a 6-9 dB reduction, but it's still far too loud.

It's not an inexpensive solution by any means, but it definitely is the one that fills the bill if you're not going with modelers.
Quote by dspellman
They're bulky, heavy and they don't necessarily sound good. Other than that, it's a thought.

The very best solution for those who want to drive their amps really hard and drop the volume output (without affecting tone at all) is a FluxTone speaker. http://www.fluxtone-speakers.com/ Essentially, it takes your favorite speaker (Celestion V30, EVL, whatever) and substitutes an electromagnet for the fixed magnet on the back. It's a bit more complicated than that, but since the moving parts (cone material and surround, voice coil, etc.) are responsible for the sound (and the magnet material mostly not) of a speaker, and since the output transformer/voice coil circuit is uninterrupted by tone-changing load and motor circuits, you get the tone you came for. But by dialing the electromagnet down, you can reduce the *efficiency* of the speaker by a huge amount -- up to 25 dB, the equivalent of making your 30W amp into a 1/8thW amp.

There are a couple of passive versions that get maybe a 6-9 dB reduction, but it's still far too loud.

It's not an inexpensive solution by any means, but it definitely is the one that fills the bill if you're not going with modelers.

Didn't now that. But this is not what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna rebuild my cab etc + price is way out of my league. I'd better buy an Axe FX.
BTW..
1. Isn't there something like Positive Grid for the MacBook or Android? It seems to be very good! Amplitube etc. isn't that good I've heard.
2. What's the difference between the Mackie Onex Blackjack and the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
Last edited by Berteko at Jun 2, 2014,
Quote by Berteko
I don't have a shitload of money! :p

You can build your own for pretty cheap.

Here's instructions for a 2x12. Cut the dimensions if you only plan on using a 1x12.

http://www.amptone.com/diyisobox.htm
Quote by Berteko
BTW..
1. Isn't there something like Positive Grid for the MacBook or Android? It seems to be very good! Amplitube etc. isn't that good I've heard.
2. What's the difference between the Mackie Onex Blackjack and the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?
1. LePou's stuff, the softube amp rooms, bx_rockrack...
Yeah, amplitube and guitar rig and pod farm and overloud aren't amazing imo.

2.The onyx blackjack runs on firewire instead of usb, can go below unity gain when recieving a high impedance signal just turning knobs (thing you could do with the bigger scarlett's using the pad button but you can't even do with that one, so you effectively reduce to near zero the chance of overloading your input stage with high output pickups, which you risk with that small scarlett), it sounds plain better and it costs a bit more.

If you were to get a scarlett to track direct guitars and basses among other things, you should at least get the 2i4 to be sure not to overdrive your input stages, and since that one doesn't even cost that much less than the blackjack, you might as well get the latter since it sounds better.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
2.The onyx blackjack runs on firewire instead of usb, can go below unity gain when recieving a high impedance signal just turning knobs (thing you could do with the bigger scarlett's using the pad button but you can't even do with that one, so you effectively reduce to near zero the chance of overloading your input stage with high output pickups, which you risk with that small scarlett), it sounds plain better and it costs a bit more.

If you were to get a scarlett to track direct guitars and basses among other things, you should at least get the 2i4 to be sure not to overdrive your input stages, and since that one doesn't even cost that much less than the blackjack, you might as well get the latter since it sounds better.

Mackie's site about the Blackjack: "The USB connection provides bus-power to the Blackjack, eliminating the need for another cable run. Plus, it's Mac/PC friendly and ready for most major DAWs right out of the box. "
That's the best audio interface in the category -200 euro?
^ aww sorry, I remembered it had firewire like it's big brother.
I actually have only tried the big brother and I assumed (and remembered) they were the same thing.

Really sorry about that, I should have double checked.

At this point I think it's better if I stop giving suggestions about this.
If I were you I'd check the focusrite saffire pro 14 which has nice reviews, and I'd still stay away from both the 2i2 and the 2i4, none of them sound particularly good and the smaller one still suffers from the lack of proper input attenuation so you risk overdriving the inputs.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
^ aww sorry, I remembered it had firewire like it's big brother.
I actually have only tried the big brother and I assumed (and remembered) they were the same thing.

Really sorry about that, I should have double checked.

At this point I think it's better if I stop giving suggestions about this.
If I were you I'd check the focusrite saffire pro 14 which has nice reviews, and I'd still stay away from both the 2i2 and the 2i4, none of them sound particularly good and the smaller one still suffers from the lack of proper input attenuation so you risk overdriving the inputs.

Actually I prefer USB, so it's not bad.
Okay, I'll check the Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 out. Maybe tomorrow.

Quote by Guy_Mitchell

You can build your own for pretty cheap.

Here's instructions for a 2x12. Cut the dimensions if you only plan on using a 1x12.

http://www.amptone.com/diyisobox.htm

Great! I've seen some vids on Youtube. It's super silent! Seems like a good option.
But some questions:
1. What's the best for recording? Plugging into audio interface from preamp and monitor with some Logitech speakers (1 left, 1 right and a subwoofer)?
2. Buy a mic (don't know which mic to buy) and record like so?
Other options?
Last edited by Berteko at Jun 3, 2014,
Quote by Berteko
Great! I've seen some vids on Youtube. It's super silent! Seems like a good option.
But some questions:
1. What's the best for recording? Plugging into audio interface from preamp and monitor with some Logitech speakers (1 left, 1 right and a subwoofer)?
2. Buy a mic (don't know which mic to buy) and record like so?
Other options?

Buy a mic, the Shure SM57 is the standard for recording.
Quote by Guy_Mitchell
Buy a mic, the Shure SM57 is the standard for recording.

Hmm.. this will cost me 100 euro for the mic and 30 for the low stand.. I'll use some of LePou's stuff for now. :p
Maybe I'll make that isolation cabinet this summer. I'll post it if I made it.
Page 1 of 2