Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what effects are used in this song I'm learning.

The 1st one is used on the lead guitar throughout the whole song (first appears 14 seconds in). I think it may be a whammy pedal used as a filter, but I don't know if they have that capability. Also at :52 it gives a tremolo picked sound.

The 2nd one is pretty basic, used on the clean part starting at 2:45. I was thinking some type of Chorus maybe?

Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfLP3V02eFU

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I did a search for similar threads and the results were pretty scattered.)
I'd say the first one is an octaver/midi/synth type.

I'd say the second might be a compressor, set to very glassy sounding with possibly a tinge of tremolo. That clean tone reminds me exactly of Message in a Bottle (The Police?). Definitely gotta be a single coil sound.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I think you're spot on about the midi/synth pedal; never would of thought of that. My first guess was an octaver as well, but when I slowed it down there was only one (heavily modulated) tone being played.

I have no experience with compressors so I'll take your word on that. I'm pretty embarrassed about mistaking tremolo for chorus, though.
If there is tremolo, it's very subtle. Just remember Chorus is a harmonizing/detuner effect, and tremolo is a volume swelling effect. Compressor will give you a very tight, almost glassy feel, but feel free to second guess. With my opinions on the cleans, I would definitely look into the effects used on the Message in a Bottle song. The tones aren't exact, but I definitely feel like in this song, there was a strong imitation (or just sh*t luck) of the tone.

There are effects based on octavers that allow only the octave to play using the wet/dry settings. However, I feel like the tone is just to tasty to be your ordinary Whammy pedal. Very digital IMHO, though. Seems like it's more of a 3/4 to 7/8th wet octave (and maybe a tinge of an octave above) with the rest being the normal notes. As far as MIDI/Synth goes.... I couldn't tell you. Never messed with the stuff. I don;t doubt it would be easier to digitalize the tone than to invest in the pedals necessary for the tone this guy is getting there.
But if you had to play this live, like tomorrow, I think you could get your basic octaver pedal and run your neck pup toned to 4ish and get a close enough sound.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I have a multi FX pedal and the synth module it has sounds close (I can't juice it up as much as it is in the song, though).
This thread was more of interest than anything else; I have a solid state combo so getting accurate tones is something I don't even bother with

Thanks a lot for the info though, and I hate to pester, but is the effect used in this song something similar? I think it's something different, but when it comes to effects I might as well be tone deaf.

(at 2:53)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGSabAxgn5w