i really missed my korina bacchus v cork sniffer 2010K model, the only one known to have verification via a warranty card with serial number.

anywho - who cares, it was awesome, i sold it, whatever.

but as with sales you regret some of them.

so i wanted a beater bacchus V for dragging to band practice. something with dings.

then this girl showed up in the auctions calling my name.

and after the EMS wait-o-thon it arrived. and it had stickers covering the back which i removed.

but otherwise a bit better than i expected. i knew the stickers were there but didn't care.

naptha is my friend.

couple wipes and the goo was gone without marring the lacquer finish.

revealing a beauty mark that will remain for ever.

on a completely secksie V.

now some jackwagon put a gibson pup in the bridge but thankfully included the original bacchus pup. so the gibby pup goes into the pile of gibby pups i've torn out of mij's which will hopefully someday fund an additional mij guitar.

new switch tip already changed pics coming once the restoration is complete. (as in, as soon as i get around to swapping the pup back in).

so maybe tomorrow.

review:

build quality and quality of woods: is typical bacchus amazing. up there with every prs or custom shop gibby i've had. lightweight, 2.82 kilos total with strap. 2 piece body with '58 heel joint.

tone: woody as you would expect mahogany to be, very strong midrange bark.

pick ups: neck is probably alnico III from the sound of it, very open, very woody without mudding up once i took the time to adjust pole pieces and height and it's good to go. bridge is too harsh/hi-output/ceramic sounding. putting original bacchus alnico IV back in soon.

thanks for checking out my sloppy seconds tramp stamp bacchus beater "V" NGD thread!
anyway - that's my bacchus BFV-58 story.

great woods as usual - the neck has some flame and great figure but it didn't come through in the pic. i can see it though, looks amazing.

I've always had yellow fever. HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Awesome Those bacchuses sound excellent, never seen one though.

Nice container plants there too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very nice- a truly beautiful V. Did you get that Asian chick to clean the fretboard for ya?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nice score! HNVD (V guitar) not the STD!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
thanks everyone

dave it is spring here finally and we needed some color out there.

Quote by KingChris90
That thing is sick!

chris so few people have played a bacchus that they're basically a completely unknown brand here in the US. Not sure about Norway.

but top notch workmanship on par with any US mfg'd guitar i've owned.

I'd like to see a pickup cover on that bridge position, too. I actually dig the remnants of the tattoo on back!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
i'll pop the stock one back in tonight or tomorrow. i'm curious to see how it sounds.

hopefully not too vintagey sounding for ratt. \m/

jake - agreed, it looks cool and subtle now. i had to move around to get it to show up that well in pics.
Quote by gregs1020

dave it is spring here finally and we needed some color out there.

yeah your stuff seems to be well ahead of ours. Admittedly our spring/summer are basically like winter mid-spring...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very nice. I'd like one actually.

The tramp stamp is nice!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah your stuff seems to be well ahead of ours. Admittedly our spring/summer are basically like winter mid-spring...

actually our spring was about 15 minutes long this year. it was 29C here today.

but a late arrival for sure. it snowed on my way to work 2 weeks ago.
Quote by Ippon
Is it sold yet?

if i list it, that won't be until after summer. i'm using this to jam this summer.
Quote by Mephaphil
Very nice. I'd like one actually.

The tramp stamp is nice!

i like it too. gives it mojo.
Quote by gregs1020
actually our spring was about 15 minutes long this year. it was 29C here today.

but a late arrival for sure. it snowed on my way to work 2 weeks ago.

yeah that happened us last year. not snow, but it basically felt like winter/very early spring here last year until about the last week in may and then we had that heatwave in june and july.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?