So a while back I was hanging out with one of my friends. She's really crafty so she was working on a project. She said "I really need some popsicle sticks for this." Well instead of hearing "popsicle sticks" I thought that she had said "pasta sticks" as in dried pasta. I was thinking to myself, "Who the heck calls dried pasta pasta sticks?" So I said that I remembered where we had dried pasta and she looked at me like I was a lunatic. Still unaware of my misunderstanding I started to describe all of the different kinds and colors of noodles we had. At this point she went to look for the popsicle sticks. When she came back with the sticks I finally realized what she really said. I then explained to her why I was randomly talking about raw pasta.

Well that is my most embarrassing misunderstanding. What's yours?
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
you could have avoided that by simply exclaiming out loud, "pasta sticks??" man up and be honest when you don't know something, always
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
^ Yeah I obviously wasn't thinking clearly that day...
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
When I was 13 I had a paper round and on my first day I delivered a paper to 123. Before I got back on my bike the guy who lived at 123 came out and said he didn't order the paper, when I checked my list I realised it said 125. I hurried to take the paper and apologised at least seven times before delivering it to the correct house. Luckily no one I know has found out about it, but I am thinking of writing a screenplay based upon the experience so I may have to inform my friends and family at some point.
This one isn't really embarrassing, but it ended up being a really annoying misunderstanding.

One time when I worked in a movie theater, me, a few people, and this manager are talking, and the manager tells us about this one time when somebody working there stole an entire cash register. Just kind of an interesting story. That employee was obviously fired and they got the register back.

So now, I'm talking to two completely different managers. And we're talking about work and interesting stories and stuff, and I mention "I heard about this one guy who stole an entire cash register." Anyways, it turned out that was the boyfriend of one of those managers I was talking to, and she goes and complains and says that she thinks I was just being a dick to her by bringing that up (because she never considered the possibility that I didn't know it was her boyfriend). I had no idea, and secondly what are the chances a manager would be dating an employee who got fired?

So long story short she hated me until I quit working there. Only fortunate part was that I didn't work with her that often.
Last edited by The Madcap at May 30, 2014,
I used to think that 'giving someone the finger' and 'getting fingered' were the same thing. So when people said 'I've fingered your mum' I thought big deal.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by captainsnazz
this one time someone assumed i liked rock music cos i have long hair #∆esuswept

That must of made you die a little bit inside.
Quote by captainsnazz
this one time someone assumed i liked rock music cos i have long hair #∆esuswept

you're looking for #χριwept
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at May 30, 2014,
When I was around 16, my friend from Germany came to stay, along with her friend who stayed with a mate of mine. Anyway, we went to a theme park one day and I heard her say something about her legs aching, in German, to her friend so I intended to ask her if her legs were tired (from all the walking), but unfortunately tired sounds a little bit like the German word 'teuer', which I used without thinking...

Basically, I asked her "Are your legs expensive?", to which she repeated the question, shocked, then saw my horrified expression and burst out laughing. Seriously, when you've basically unintentionally solicited your friend in another language it's pretty embarrassing to try and explain your way out of it

Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by loose bowels
I used to think that 'giving someone the finger' and 'getting fingered' were the same thing. So when people said 'I've fingered your mum' I thought big deal.

I did though.

Finger your mum, that is.
well one time I accidentally sent the wrong person a text and now I'm married with three children
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
This one time when I was a kid, maybe younger than 10, my dad took me to The Beer Store. I walked away to look at some beer for a bit and ran back to him. Only I ran and hugged the guy in front of him. His jacket was a similar colour to my dad's. I was absolutely terrified. My dad and the other guy were just laughing.

This one other time I was at school doing arts and crafts, I turned around and said to my teacher, "I love you, mom." She just smiled at me as I turned around in embarrassment. Life was never the same.
Last edited by Extra Ordinary at May 30, 2014,
Pretty sure my wife actually said "no" when I asked her to marry me. I think she's just been going along with it for so long just because she's so nice
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Pretty sure my wife actually said "no" when I asked her to marry me. I think she's just been going along with it for so long just because she's so nice

nice, next time i propose and get turned down, i'm going to try pretending i heard wrong
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
The fact that I play metal. I guess it is weird and different for most people.
Quote by NWD2100
The fact that I play metal. I guess it is weird and different for most people.

You must be a weird guy then.
I was talking to a girl who was saying how she was getting annoyed by peer pressure, cause a lot of her mates were trying to get her into drugs and stuff and she didn't want to get into drugs or stuff. Itried to make a joke about how it's ok, cause all of her friends would die of cancer. Right as I said it I remembered that she had survived cancer in just the last year. It was reall awkward and I felt like dirt
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I was at this party once and started talking to this kinda cute girl. I was doing really well when I decided to ask where she was from. She said "from here" and I was all "oh really, because you have a very peculiar accent. I thought you were from this place or that place, yada yada yada". I proceeded to go on and on about this for about 10 minutes, because I apparently ran out of other things to talk about. Well.....turns out she had a speech impediment.

I felt quite scummy. Thank god I never saw her again.