I am a musician, wether I make money or not it is my passion. I am not great by any means, but I need to define my genre, I cannot read music, I do not know chords, I do now know scales, anything, I got my first guitar when I was 16 (I am 25 now) from the trash, and I played by what I liked to hear. So can you please listen to this, and help me identify what genre I should study based on what I played, it is nothing great, but just a 1 minute sample recorded on my cell phone,

I know most people are modest, but I am being honest I recorded that on a whim, first try, and I messed up in beginning when trying to figure out what to play, Please do not console me or anything, If you think it sounds good be honest and say so, if it's shit I wanna know too, but more importantly tell me where I should look to further my ability.

The video is not a compilation of my abilities, but just something I thought was catchy, anyways no more rambling, I am shy about my music, so please keep in mind I was nervous while recording. Thanks!

epiphone Prophecy GX First run, coil taps added, Gibson dirty, and Seymour Duncan passive,

Orange dual terror fat channel, gain all the way, tone all the way, volume 1/10th Trebel guitar setting, tone knob all the way, volume the same

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/xxsatanxx/media/10301615_757776827589757_635216311_n_zps83e1b486.mp4.html?sort=3&o=11
I think defining your genre is perhaps the least important thing you can do in music...

It sounds like Metalcore though. You should really find more than one hammer on interval to use. That shit is so cliche by this point.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 31, 2014,
You can further your ability from actually learning theory and good technique, truthfully it sounded pretty sloppy compared to what I expected to hear from a vet of 9 or 10 years.
I do have other hooks and such, its not anything specific, but ty for genre id.

I have never been taught anything on guitar, or watched a how to video, so technique is limited, but i agree it is sloppy, but i recorded it with my phone on first try.

I dont know what techniques i should try to learn or w/e since ive never had instruction i dont know where to start
Quote by pks330
I dont know what techniques i should try to learn or w/e since ive never had instruction i dont know where to start

If you don't know chords, scales or anything else, then the place to start is right at the very beginning.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Notes on the fretboard doesn't hurt either, even though it's banal and basic.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!