So I've got a yamaha acoustic and a Fishman acoustic Matrix Natural II under saddle pickup. I've got it all figured out with how to install it, but I'm not 100% sure which wire is the ground, and which it the hot. One of them is shielded, I'm almost positive that's the ground wire, but I want to be sure before I solder it to the input jack.

To try and explain just a little further, both wires are kept together from the pickup in a single shielding. once stripping that back a bit, one of the wires has its own shielding (the ground I think) and one is bare (the hot). Am I correct in this?

Cheers all!
My instinct would be that it's the other way around; why shield a ground?

You'd think a big name like Fishman would have a website with install guides and stuff.

http://www.fishman.com/files/acoustic_matrix_series_installation_guide.pdf
You have it backwards. The shielded wire is hot. If you wire it backwards (the way you thought it should be wired) you will still get sound but there will be more background noise.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
You have it backwards. The shielded wire is hot. If you wire it backwards (the way you thought it should be wired) you will still get sound but there will be more background noise.

Thank you! I've wired a guitar backwards like that ONCE before I quickly realized the error once I plugged it in and heard a beehive in the body buzzing about