6 13%
nope
26 57%
nacho cheese doritos are epic
9 20%
fire is hot
5 11%
Voters: 46.
I was listing to the radio today and almost everybody had mixed feeling about these new charges, So pit, what do you think?

(Invalid img)

Here's the lowdown;
A Officer thinks he hears a gunshot
There's a 23 minute high speed chase
15+ officers respond (not sure exactly)
The car enters a middle school parking lot and stalls
Police discharge a total of 137 rounds, and one officer discharged 49, He jumped on the hood of the suspects car and discharged 15 of his 49 rounds whilst the car in a middle school parking lot.
Suspects died.

No weapon was recovered from the suspects car, But they were both on cocaine.

Keep in mind this happened in 2012

Was his actions justifiable?
KIFFLOM
Last edited by sonic_hippy at May 31, 2014,
I'm just surprised the cops were charged. Usually the good ol boy network sweeps it under the rug.
Some Of Those Who Work Forces Are The Same That Burn Crosses

no, why the hell did they shoot in the first place? Couldn't they have a least waited for the suspects (drugs deal gone wrong???) to come out of the car or at least have some verbal confrontation first?

WAAYYYYY too damn far.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Apparently the police Officer tried to stop the car, But they took off.

The family says the car backfired, which explains the gunshot sound. I'm assuming they didn't stop because of the drugs they had. plus they were high. bad idea.
KIFFLOM
Way too far, I'd have only gone like a mile or two
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
In my area (Eastern North Carolina)... a few years ago an entire SWAT TEAM was sent out to a kids home because he allegedly stole a Playstation 2 from his neighbor.

While knocking on the door one cop "thought he heard a gunshot" so he shot through the door 6 times right after another officer knocked. It killed the kid who had his hand on the door knob about to open the door. Cop was never charged.

The playstation 2 was quickly recovered
Last edited by cheesefries at May 31, 2014,
Quote by MinterMan22
Some Of Those Who Work Forces Are The Same That Burn Crosses

Thrashtastic15 likes this
probably
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I said nope but meant yes. No his actions weren't justifiable and yes he went too far.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
I find it disturbing one officer reloaded his gun between 3 and 5 times (depending on the gun) against unarmed people and it took 2 years to figure out he did something wrong.
Last edited by cheesefries at May 31, 2014,
Lol backfiring car caused 137 shots to be fired... talk about over reacting. How did they not realise that the victims weren't shooting at them. Even if the car backfired multiple times, a ******ed monkey could probably see that the people in the car weren't pointing a gun at them. Give him maximum sentence for this. The other cops should be charged too.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by cheesefries
In my area (Eastern North Carolina)... a few years ago an entire SWAT TEAM was sent out to a kids home because he allegedly stole a Playstation 2 from his neighbor.

While knocking on the door one cop "thought he heard a gunshot" so he shot through the door 6 times right after another officer knocked. It killed the kid who had his hand on the door knob about to open the door. Cop was never charged.

The playstation 2 was quickly recovered

At least that story had a happy ending.
137 is a bit overkill. Frankly after a 23 minute high speed chase you pull into a middle school, the police are going to assume you're going to try to escape there where there's hundreds of children. I'm not going to blame them for ensuring that there was no further threat, especially to a bunch of school kids. Though again, 137... That's nearly 14 ten round magazines.

I know standard cop procedure is that when deadly physical force is authorized they often empty the magazine as you're trained to shoot until your threat assessment is neutralized and you can't really asses your threat level while you and 3 other cops are firing. But their would have had to have been 7 cops shooting two full magazines each into a non-moving vehicle. After a certain point it's unjustifiably excessive. I'm not sad that the guy died but shit, 137?
Its all part of the militarization of the country. Police are trained to feel above the average "civilian" even though they work for us. Most of them have been programmed to be on a constant power trip and live out their favorite action movie.

With that said, fire is hot.
137 rounds is very exessive when the suspects are not firing back, even more so when it's in the grounds of a school.

If a murder victim turned up with '15 shots from close range' in them, the coroner would usualy state that the murder was carried out with 'extreme prejudice'.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Clearly excessive, especially when their only basis for thinking that these two guys was their car backfiring.

They feared for the life of their sandwich
Cops carry over 49 round of ammunition with them? Why?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
That WAS pretty excessive.

However, and this is not to justify it, but something a lot of people don't think about is how ****ing scary it is to be confronted by someone. I work in EMS and have been almost assaulted a few times, and we get there AFTER the cops have already "controlled" (using the word loosely) the situation.

Now imagine you're a guy confronted by someone who just tore through a city trying to escape you (what on earth was that suspect doing that warranted him leading them on a merry chase in the first place? Usually nothing good). You're nerves are on edge, you don't have any idea what is going through the suspect's head. Does he have a gun? Is he hopped up on drugs? PCP? Bath salts (the zombie drug)? I've seen a guy on bath salts run through a sliding glass door, tackle a 300 pound cop to the ground, and get tazed THREE times before it took a fourth time to finally get him down. Was that cop freaked out? YES. He had a wife and several kids back home and he was ready to use his gun, but fortunately he didn't have to.

These guys, a lot of them don't want to use their gun, BUT a lot of them have families and they REALLY don't want to get picked off by some scumbag.

Again, that's not to excuse wrongful shootings by any means. There's plenty of cops who are just wanting to use their gun. I know one myself, and he's one that scares the piss out of me. The fact that this particular officer in the OP jumped up on the damn hood of the car most definitely crossed the line from potential self defense to...I don't really know, honestly. It makes me think of something I did in a video game once. It was just too far.

Not to mention the other officers and the 100+ some odd bullets....
Last edited by JuiceStain at May 31, 2014,
Quote by JuiceStain
*stuff*

Oh aye, nobody denies that police don't get put in very dangerous and pressured situations, but they're supposed to be trained to deal with that.

Shooting should be a last resort, not a first response. They should only be firing at all if they have good reason to think they are in immediate danger (ie if they actually saw one of the suspects with a gun aiming at them/going for them), and even then this would clearly be absolutely excessive force in that situation.

If you feel safe enough to stand on their bonnet to fire at them, you should feel safe enough to not be firing at all.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at May 31, 2014,
Quote by MadClownDisease
Oh aye, nobody denies that police don't get put in very dangerous and pressured situations, but they're supposed to be trained to deal with that.

Shooting should be a last resort, not a first response. They should only be firing at all if they have good reason to think they are in immediate danger (ie if they actually saw one of the suspects with a gun aiming at them/going for them), and even then this would clearly be absolutely excessive force in that situation.

If you feel safe enough to stand on their bonnet to fire at them, you should safe enough to not be firing at all.

"Stuff" I know that was a long post. And you're absolutely right, within all my babble that was part of the point I was trying to make. I don't want to see ANYBODY killed, justified or not. Nothing worse than seeing someone get shot who just moved in a certain way or was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Yeah, that's obviously a terrible decision, improper escalation of force, and a horrible end result.

And to the SWAT/Playstation 2 story: I believe it. The overuse of SWAT teams, as well as documented misconduct, should be common knowledge at this point. As in, more people should know about it and not be okay with it.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at May 31, 2014,
the guys drove to probably a top 5 worst places to drive to in a police chase, but it's definitely way too much force
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
That's the only part where I'm willing to grant leeway to the cops. They were just in a high speed chase. A high speed chase indicated that the suspect is willing to go to extremes, including potentially harm bystanders, to escape. He then drives into a middle school. Why wouldn't the cops assume that the guy would be willing to hurt kids to get away? They just did 23 minutes of extraordinarily reckless driving and then pulled into a school. My first thought would be that these guys were going to try some hostage shit.

So I'm not upset that they shot at the guy. But Christ, 137 shots. If there's 4 cops shooting that's still like 30 seconds of sustained fire.