I'm looking to get a nice tone from my guitar for my playing style. My rig setup is in the siggy. But I want a super glassy, thick, harmonically rich tone to come out of the neck bucker. The Ibanez ARX 350 is a Mahogany body with a quilted maple top, quite certain a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. All stock pups which I'm not sure of Ibanez's INF series (IIRC). But they just aren't enough...
Budget I'm not too concerned about, because I'm also thinking about adding the Route 66 to my board (which is an OD/Compressor). Which also apparently has a noise gate... if anyone can pitch in on moderate/high area gain would be much appreciated on my end. I think I want something relatively low output because I want to roll back the volume and clean up.

I'm not too sure about what I want from my bridge pup yet... I have a very bluesy shred style. I think probably your typical PAF would do, but I'm not too worried about that yet.

The DiMarzio pup selector gave me some ideas but I dont buy into advertising very well.

Any help is well appreciated!!!
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I'm confused, when I think "glass" tone I think single coil and vintage Fender, sometimes Mesa. By "glass", do you mean tubes?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
You are confused in your terminology. Glass is thin and cutting, like glass, while what you described is exactly the opposite. Could you possibly try describing what sound you are after again and give some examples of what you like.
Not taking any online orders.
I was expecting to be coming in here to recommend tubes.

Anyway: New amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^I was expecting a thread about LSD because in South Dakota, where I used to live, they referred to it as glass.
Not taking any online orders.
Yep, get a nice tube amp to replace the Peavey Transtube.
Try a few Fender amps, Mesa/Boogie amps or even the recent Ampeg GVT series.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by bastards
But I want a super glassy, thick, harmonically rich tone to come out of the neck bucker.

Im looking for a new neck pickup, not a $3000 amp???
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
"$3000"?!! I only paid $350 for my amp and its as glassy and slippery sounding as any amp I've ever heard. Anyways, you probably don't mean the same "glassy" that I'm thinking of. A good neck pup will help but I think you need some glass in your amp for that.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Describe your playing style more. Then we'll be able to make better suggestions.

In the meantime, if I understand you properly, here's stuff to consider:

You might try a Lollar Supro. I have only seen them used in the bridge position of standard electric guitars, though.
http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LGP&Product_Code=Supro&Category_Code=steel-guitar-pickups

Or contact Reverend guitars to see if they'll sell you a Dual-Pro pickup, such as is featured in the bridge of their Rick Vito signature guitar. You should also check out their sister company, RailHammer, to look at their HB-sized P90s.
www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/rick-vito-signature/
http://www.railhammer.com/pickups.html

Finally, check out Vintage Vibe, high quality custom guitar pickups at affordable prices. Actually, you might want to check them out first.
http://vintagevibeguitars.com/pickups.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Post a youtube clip of something similar to the sound you want.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
It's a tone I hear in my head. Problem is my imagination of Glassy is different than everyone elses, it seems. When I hear a compressor on a clean channel, that's a "glassy" sound to me. So when I'm running OD on the neck pup, I first want thick and harmonically rich, but I want the upper end to be reflective, but tame.

I think I just want too much. LOL.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Again, just post a youtube video of something similar. That's the best way to communicate because terminology is so subjective.

From what you're saying I'm thinking a thick, singing lead like Dream Theatre?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Humbucker from Hell in the neck and a tone pot with good taper and your choice of capacitor to tailor the sound is what comes to mind. (Just my opinion) I've had some fun messing with that pickup in the neck position.
Bluesy shred. I never play the same thing twice...

I just remembered a buddies Dads' old Les Paul Goldtop I used to play, routed for P90s and replaced with Mini humbuckers, going through a modern AC 30. I think that's the tone I'm hearing in my head, so I'm gonna start chasing it.

I hate the sound of P90s. So they are automatically out. I'm going to listen to some different bytes of mini buckers throughout the day. Listened to the Lollar and I don't think I'll be going that way.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by bastards
Bluesy shred. I never play the same thing twice...

I just remembered a buddies Dads' old Les Paul Goldtop I used to play, routed for P90s and replaced with Mini humbuckers, going through a modern AC 30. I think that's the tone I'm hearing in my head, so I'm gonna start chasing it.

I hate the sound of P90s. So they are automatically out. I'm going to listen to some different bytes of mini buckers throughout the day. Listened to the Lollar and I don't think I'll be going that way.

Might I suggest a Les Paul Goldtop with minibuckers into a modern AC30?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You plug his exact guitar into your amp and it won't sound anything like the same. You're chasing an LP/AC30 tone with a Transtube? It's not the pickups that's letting you down, it's your amp. You could have Gary Moore's Greeny guitar and it will still sound like smeg.
And why do you think you have to spend $3k to get a decent amp? What arse did you pull that figure out of?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification