No
26 22%
Sometimes
31 26%
Crazysam, y u so cray cray?! U scary!
5 4%
Voters: 119.
Page 1 of 3
Yes or no? If so, do you feel it has an adverse affect on social interactions with others?

Personally, I'm an introvert, and I can be reserved with new people sometimes. People sometimes mistake this as me being snobby or a jerk;...which bothers me, because I don't mean to cause offense. Also, I'm not big on large parties or loud social functions. It wears me out. So, I tend to make an appearance, meet a few friends, and then leave after an hour or two.

I like hanging out with small groups of people, though. That's fun. Getting to know people and play games (maybe have a few drinks). I enjoy that.

What about you, Pit? Are you shy?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 31, 2014,
I don't know if I'm shy. I just don't like talking to most people because they're boring or infuriatingly stupid.
I used to be shy, but I grew up and learned how to deal with it. I'll never be the most extravert person in the world, but at least I can commence in social interactions with enough confidence to avoid any awkwardness.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
No im not shy. It gets even worse when i drink. The other night i told a pregnant lady in a red dress that she looked like the koolaid man.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
No im not shy. It gets even worse when i drink. The other night i told a pregnant lady in a red dress that she looked like the koolaid man.

This is why I like being slightly introvert

Quote by the bartender
I'll never be the most extravert person in the world, but at least I can commence in social interactions with enough confidence to avoid any awkwardness.

Pretty much the same here, man.
Nope. I was on the debate team in hs, did a lot of volunteering with people in a job facing environment. I love being around others, talking to people. I am in no way a "social butterfly", but i do enjoy the company of others, even if i do not know them well.

Sometimes people think im shy, because i don't say much when i am in a conversation i am not interested in.

But the truth:
I DON'T WANT TO SAY SOMETHING I WILL REGRET OR SOMETHING STUPID, BUB!

I consider myself mainly an introvert though (not to be confused with being shy, being introverted is a preference). I gain energy from being by myself, i like my own company.

But no, im not really that shy.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I'm really shy but I'm an extrovert & I love being around people

I can cover up my shyness really well now because it was making me miserable and people who don't know me well would never guess that I'm shy but it's definitely still there. If I'm too tired to concentrate on hiding it, for instance, it affects everything I do
cat
Quote by Juice Face
I don't know if I'm shy. I just don't like talking to most people because they're boring or infuriatingly stupid.

Jesus wept.

And nah, not really. Some people mistake me for being quiet because I'm not normally the loudest person in a big group. But I'm not really that quiet.

Definitely not if I've been drinking.
I am one shy mother****er when it comes to attractive girls, and in places im not entirely comfortable with.

If I'm somewhere like work, the gym, or out with friends in a familiar place, then nah im obnoxiously loud.
Sail upon the open skies
I am.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I'm shy when I try to talk to pretty girls, and when I have to talk in front of large groups of people I can feel their stares. It sucks.
now I'm not a therapist or anything but what really helped me is when I realised what my problem was; I was shy because I was scared that I'd do something stupid and it might make people think I'm weird, but because I was shy I actually did stupid things which made people think I was weird.

No, I'm not. Most people assume I am though because I don't talk a lot, real reason is that if I don't have anything to say then I don't say anything.
Some days I want to let loose and interact with people, other days I just don't want to see anyone. All depends on my mood.
Quote by Eastwinn
i'm not shy except over the phone.

SAME! i really suck at talking the on phone. I don't know why. I just can't talk eloquently while on the phone with someone, i tend to ramble and jumble my thoughts, especially if it's a stranger.

Weird af, cause im never shy face to face.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I get shy around attractive women but apart from that i can talk to anyone
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I can be but only if I don't know anyone or nobody seems cool
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Acϵ♠

thats not extroversion, that is being a ****
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I think that I'm fairy shy. I try to avoid people (Strangers) and don't like talking on the phone mainly because I never really talked to anyone besides my parents on the phone.

That being said, I'd better get over this if I want to get a jawbb.
KIFFLOM
I am an introvert but I'm not shy. I got over that a while ago.

You guys really need to get over being shy too.
I'm very introverted. My idea of a good time is staying at home reading books, writing books, playing guitar, playing PC games etc. Often in the past, my friends wanted to hang out/ go to the pub a bit too often for my tastes, so I would sometimes decline just because I had discharged my social batteries, so to speak.

Nowadays I've moved away for work, so when I get a chance to see them I'm much more keen to hang out and do stuff.

But that's with my close friends. With other people, 'parties', 'nights out' and other social events, I despair when I get invited. I might go to show my face, but I'll probably be thinking about how soon I can leave without seeming to be rude. This means that I'm awful at meeting new people. I have close friends from school and university, but I haven't properly made any friends since I graduated. I barely see anybody aside from the folks I work with.

I wouldn't know the first thing about how to go about getting a girlfriend. The concept of flirting confuses me, and the idea of dating would scare me. I think I would be fine with a long-term relationship, but I'm baffled as to how you go about getting to that stage.

I used to be very shy, but I'm not so much any more. I'm okay with going up to strangers if I have a reason to, but I'm still a bit nervous/hesitant about making some phone calls. I don't know what it is, but I'd much rather speak face to face than use the phone. I'm always nervous that I'll make a mess of my words and come across as some sort of idiot.

But even though I'm not 'shy' any more, I probably come across that way because I generally keep to myself and decline social occasions.

So... yeah. I could have put all of that a lot more simply by saying "I'm an engineer."
Quote by TunerAddict
thats not extroversion, that is being a ****

thank you for pointing out that i didn't go anywhere near saying im an extrovert

introvert =/= shyness
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Painfully Shy, it makes social interactions so much more difficult than it should be
I'm shy but I can hold a conversation well. I usually don't start them though, because I always feel like I don't have much interesting stuff to say. I'm pretty much a total music and guitar nerd, so I often feel like I don't have much in common with people when I go to talk to them, unless it's about music. I don't really keep up with the news or sports or television too much, so that tends to limit my scope of conversation, although I enjoy talking about broader subjects like religion and outlooks on life, etc.
I used to be really shy. Then after a lot of my lifelong friends died before the age of 21 I said **** it. Lifes to short to worry about stupid things like what other people think. Just do what has to be done and pursue what you want to. Now I can be direct and bossy when needed and it just seems natural. If I was still as shy as I was then I wouldn't be making 1/4 of what I make now too. I'd probably still be working a shitty customer service job or waiting tables still trying to get over my shyness, overweight, and playing video games all god damn night by myself.
Last edited by cheesefries at May 31, 2014,
Why didn't you make this poll public so I could have made fun of the shy people who didn't post?
Last edited by JustRooster at May 31, 2014,
only around pretty girls like u
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I can be but only if I don't know anyone or nobody seems cool

yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by the bartender
now I'm not a therapist or anything but what really helped me is when I realised what my problem was; I was shy because I was scared that I'd do something stupid and it might make people think I'm weird, but because I was shy I actually did stupid things which made people think I was weird.

like writing in a shit font?
No.

You can't be shy if you want to be the director of the Parks and Recreation Department
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
it's hard for me to talk about subjects I don't know about or don't have much interest in so sometimes I come off a bit like a jerk but for the most part I'm fine nowadays. Used to be really awkward though.
I wouldn't say I'm shy. I just find most people are very dull & uninteresting, so I don't engage with them.
PM me for newts
Quote by Acϵ♠
introvert =/= shyness

This

I prefer keeping small circles at best, but that doesn't mean I'm shy when it comes to meeting new people.

I get overly friendly when drunk though.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Page 1 of 3