So I have taken the plunge and ordered an 8 stringer.

*chug chug chug*

Should be arriving around Monday. Pretty pumped.

Could you guys suggest some artists I could cover? Nothing hyper technical like AAL or Meshuggah, something more intermediate level.

technical

like meshuggah

lol i don't think you're ready for an 8 string dude

TRAM is good if you want something a little less shreddy weddly but if you can't chug it's hard to imagine being able to handle all the double thumping and finger picking

8 strings are fun but i see them best as a compositional tool. i see it more like a higher-tuned bass than a lower-tuned guitar, honestly, cause most of your writing will be centric to the F# and B with the 6 string as more of an accompaniment. lots of great stuff to be done over it as a foil, though, since you don't need to rely on another person to execute the bass and melody simultaneously

try transposing some poppy tunes with 2+ voicings. that'd be your best bet until you're ready to do the fun stuff
Last edited by Hail at May 31, 2014,
I can chug fine, just want something simple which I can record in a day or two tops for an NGD thread something like Shuggah would take a few days to play well enough to record. Was considering doing some Amon Amarth, but that's all low B tops, nothing on the low F#.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at May 31, 2014,
Ihsahn's After album perhaps
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Last edited by ProgFripp74 at May 31, 2014,