This entire track was written, recorded, mixed, and mastered over the course of 3 hours while I drank heavily this morning. It started as a demo of EZDrummer 2 but I like how it came out as far as rough demos go.

The guitar is a DBZ Barchetta(EMG 81/85)
The bass is the same guitar but through a pitch shifter and bass preamp.
Amp is a custom preset on Amplitube 3
Orchestral sounds are EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum
Choir is Omnisphere
Running my guitar directly into Roland Tri-Capture, with Presonus Studio One 2 as my DAW.

As far as composition goes, I was focusing pretty heavily on basing the song around the diminished scale, which is something I don't normally use a whole lot.

Be gentle! lol

http://youtu.be/CRC_KnctQEs
Amps+ FX:
6505+ Head
Line 6 DT50 2x12
Line 6 Pod HD500
Maxon OD808
MXR 10 Band EQ
Guitars
Ibanez SZR720
Schecter ATX C-7 Blackjack
Ibanez RGA7
Ovation Celebrity
Agile Dauntless(SD Pups)
Fender Modern Player Tele+
Last edited by ciadude2 at May 31, 2014,
Hey man. This is really impressive for 3 hours work!

The guitar sounds fat, tight and clear with a good heavy groove to it. The choir parts sound sweet except for the bit around the 1:50 mark where they start to get too loud and over power things. But given how little time you spent on the mix that can be forgiven.

The bass sound is kinda lost but I know what a PITA it can be trying to use pitch shifters on a guitar to make a bass - I never got a sound that could be turned up in the mix - I always had to bury it.

I would like to hear this developed into a full scale track with vocals - I think it could be awesome.

If you fancy checking out my attempt at black metal its here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1644870

Cheers
Thank you for the feedback!
My mixing skills are all self taught so I'm always trying to improve them. As for the bass, I've actually had the opposite problem in a lot of my songs where the bass is way too overpowering but I think you're right that this time I went too far in the opposite direction.
Amps+ FX:
6505+ Head
Line 6 DT50 2x12
Line 6 Pod HD500
Maxon OD808
MXR 10 Band EQ
Guitars
Ibanez SZR720
Schecter ATX C-7 Blackjack
Ibanez RGA7
Ovation Celebrity
Agile Dauntless(SD Pups)