I am buying a new amp. Before, I go into the actual question, a little background:
I play guitar at church. My church doesn't want any stage noise. Most of the guys jus use the pods supplied by the church. I would rather use my own gear that I practice and play on regularly.

My solution is to get a quality tube amp with a speaker simulated output that I can run straight to the PA.

I will have $700 cash.

My local shop currently has a used egnater renegade and a Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister 18. Both are priced at $599 with possibility of negotiation.

I played both extensively today.
TubeMeister
Pros:
Great sound, fairly versatile, straightforward, easy to dial in, compact
Cons:
Shared eq, fewer options
Renegade
Pros:
Very versatile, sounds great, independent eq, huge selection of foot-switchable features boost, amazing cleans and great distortion.
Cons:
Larger/bulkier than the hk, and somewhat complicated

I really like both of these amps. Both meet my needs. But i can't decide which one I want more. Please share any insights or opinions.

They will be played through a soldano 4x12 cab with an m13 effects unit when at my home.
Quote by dannyryan007
My solution is to get a quality tube amp with a speaker simulated output that I can run straight to the PA.
That is a good idea in theory but a bad idea in the real world: guitar amps don't have built in emulated line outputs that sound good, and if they do I yet have to hear one.

The good sounding and expensive way of doing that would be getting an amp you like + a rivera rockcrusher recording/torpedo cab or whatever loadbox + cab simulator you happen to like.

The good sounding and simple way of doing that would be getting a pod or whatever amp/cab simulator you happen to like.

As for the amps, I'd take any egnater over any H&K, no doubt about that, but that's just me.
I mean, if you tried it, I think you can kinda decide for yourself, it's not like our taste is better than yours and none of the amps have particular practical advantages over the other.
Ow yeah, and just so you know, the tubemeister 18 is not a full tube amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
i would say not apples to apples. you would need the tubemesiter 36 or perhaps some of those other larger or higher end models. i dont think the 18 is a match for the renegade.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I realize that there is a huge gap in available wattage. But the price point for the 2 specific amps I'm lookin at is the same.
Quote by dannyryan007
I realize that there is a huge gap in available wattage. But the price point for the 2 specific amps I'm lookin at is the same.

Then there's your answer. The Renegade is a killer amp that does a lot of things well whereas the h&k has pretty blue lights. I know which one I'd take in a heartbeat.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Cool man. You'll definitely enjoy it.

You would probably have been disappointed with the Tubemeister if you played places that had a bad pa. In those places the Egnater would laugh it off and yell louder.
Quote by dannyryan007
I went with the egnater. I'm pretty stoked.

the Renegade is a very sweet amp, congrats!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
i suspect the tubemeister is hybrid, not all-tube. i know i sound like a broken record, but you did say you wanted a tube amp (which is your prerogative, IMO).

EDIT: Apparently it pays to read further down the thread. Nice score, sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?