why not get this instead, it is made for bass and cheaper than what your looking at (if you want it for bass)
www.thomann.de/fi/hartke_ak115.htm

If you want it for guitar, what your thinking is doable, but you would need to pull the baffle out and re-cut it for the 15" speaker
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Yes, I forgot to mention that I would use it with guitar.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Yeah that will work then

I highly suggest you look at the Eminence Commonwelth 15"
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
where are you, europe? it might just be handier to get a 115 cabinet. lean in the UK does a reasonably priced (ish... £140) empty 115 cab. but if you're outside the UK i'm guessing postage would be prohibitive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a 4x10 cab with a new baffle board will work very well. A 15" speaker won't fit into a 1x12 cab.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
a 4x10 cab with a new baffle board will work very well. A 15" speaker won't fit into a 1x12 cab.

if the cab has enough room and the baffle is big enough it most certainly will work

And that cab is 20"x 18 5/8"x 10 1/2" so a 15 will fit just fine but you will have to notch the bracing for the baffle like this
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jun 1, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
where are you, europe? it might just be handier to get a 115 cabinet. lean in the UK does a reasonably priced (ish... £140) empty 115 cab. but if you're outside the UK i'm guessing postage would be prohibitive.

I live in Finland. I did contact one cab builder here and he said he'd build one for around 300€. He makes really quality stuff though.

I'd might get one from him if it didn't take 4 weeks, because I'm really impatient.
Quote by Robbgnarly
if the cab has enough room and the baffle is big enough it most certainly will work

And that cab is 20"x 18 5/8"x 10 1/2" so a 15 will fit just fine but you will have to notch the bracing for the baffle like this

I guess won't work was too strong of a statement. I should have said it won't work well. I don't think it's a good idea to cut away at the structural support. The structural support is there for a reason so in my view if you have to cut part of it out then the speaker doesn't really fit.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I guess won't work was too strong of a statement. I should have said it won't work well. I don't think it's a good idea to cut away at the structural support. The structural support is there for a reason so in my view if you have to cut part of it out then the speaker doesn't really fit.

Yeah I agree after seeing the size of the cab. Kinda a lot of modding on a cab that expensive already. I'd get a custom one made
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I live in Finland. I did contact one cab builder here and he said he'd build one for around 300€. He makes really quality stuff though.

I'd might get one from him if it didn't take 4 weeks, because I'm really impatient.

Yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have two 1x15" cabs i built (baltic birch marine grade) i am just too lazy to finish them and don't want to be throwing money into speakers.

i do have one and its an eminence legend. sound pretty good overall.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Too bad. I just donated two 1x15 cabs I wasn't using to charity. I posted them on craigslist for cheap but got no response. I needed them out of my gear locker.

Note: A well tuned 1x15 cab will always sound better than stuffing a 15" into a 1x12 cab. Smoother bottom below 200hz.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Too bad. I just donated two 1x15 cabs I wasn't using to charity. I posted them on craigslist for cheap but got no response. I needed them out of my gear locker.

Note: A well tuned 1x15 cab will always sound better than stuffing a 15" into a 1x12 cab. Smoother bottom below 200hz.

i designed both with the 15" eminence legend at the time. its ****ing huge though. and weighs a ton even without a speaker.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It looks like a pretty small cab. I'd think that it would at least need a decent port otherwise isn't it gonna sound a bit lacking? Could end up with less bottom end than the thing he's pulling out of it. So that's even more cutting involved.
Somebody here must be able to do the math regarding the volume. I've forgotten it all. You'd have to pull the specs to do it properly but any 15" guitar speaker would get a ballpark figure.
I think you're gonna have to butcher the cab too badly. Once you finish the thing's not going to be worth two bob. I'd just buy a new cab designed for a 15" speaker and leave the Fender alone.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 2, 2014,
I would.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Eminence has a sizing tool on their website for designing your own cab that is tuned to your speaker and desired response. A guitar cab is simpler than bass because you just need good response down to about 70hz (for a 7 string). Plug in the speaker model and play with the different shapes to get your desired results.

A long time ago I built 10", 12" and 15" cabs for guitar and PA using raw Altec, JBL, and EV speakers. Ultimately they sounded great but always turned out about 50% heavier than I planned. A 15" Altec 418 has a great sound for guitar and I believe the Emi 1518 was modeled after the Altec. Both need a pretty big box to sound their best.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I'd just look on ebay for a 2x12. 2x12's are more versatile and you have a wider range of speakers to choose from if you ever need/want to replace them. There's a reason for that - 12" speakers suit guitar.
After all these years, what are we all using? Over the years we've flirted with 10" and 15" and some of them worked great for a particular purpose (ie. the 4x10 Bassman) but it always comes back to 12"s. A lot of Stoner rockers like 15"s - again a specific purpose. 12"s are everywhere.
Haunt Ebay.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I guess I could also buy an used Fender Excelsior and use it as a cab. It would still be cheaper than a custom cab

That's actually one of the reasons why I got the excelsior- I had no 15" speakers.

But I ended up sending mine back- it sounded good but QC was iffy.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

fingers crossed it doesn't rattle
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?