Hey guys,I currently Buying a new pickup but i cant decide between the whole lotta humbuckers or the dimarzio Super distortion bridge pickup.I have a peavey predator plus with two stock humbuckers and a peavey vypre vip 1 amp (im thinking about getting and blues deluxe fender).I play lots of classic rock like The Who,Led Zeppelin,Aerosmith,Slash and Jimi hendrix and i dabble in punk and modern.
Thanks!.
Am i a tough guy, a helpless dancer
A romantic, is it me for a moment?
A bloody lunatic, I'll even carry your bags.
A beggar, a hypocrite, love reign o'er me
The Pearly Gates/Pearly Gates+ would be my first choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i'd probably get something paf-alike or vintage hot for that. not the super distortion, in other words. I haven't tried the whole lotta humbucker set.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what is your budget? your tone would likely be better from the amp before putting a pickup in. amps are where the tone is, pickups are a little tweak.

i haven't ever bought from him but i have played a few. BG pickups. really good prices handwound. may have a wait on them though, last time i checked he was pretty damn busy. i used to talk to him on HC, he is a good guy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Choose a brand and email their techs...I emailed DiMarzio, described my whole rig and told what kind of sound I was after...the recommended me a few pups and I swapped em all out...

Best advice I ever got was from them....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Quote by kennethdave
Choose a brand and email their techs...I emailed DiMarzio, described my whole rig and told what kind of sound I was after...the recommended me a few pups and I swapped em all out...

Best advice I ever got was from them....

+1 to that.

In 2012, I commissioned 2 custom guitars. I posted here and on GP's website for advice, and got lots of brand suggestions.

Then I contacted several of the suggested brands- Seymour Duncan, TV Jones, Bareknuckle, Lace, The Creamery, Tesla, RailHammer, Lollar, Vintage Vibe, Rio Grande, to name a few- and asked for input. I learned a lot!

The first one got Teslas, and kicks ass. The second is getting a set from The Creamery, and should be done soon.

And it's not like I forgot what I learned, either: another luthier offered to sell me a prototype at a price I couldn't refuse, and I used what the techs told me to inform my decision to equip IT with Vintage Vibes.

The techs won't steer you wrong.

They may, however, be biased.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
If you're into the earlier, much brighter tele-like Page tones, this:

Quote by Robbgnarly
The Pearly Gates/Pearly Gates+ would be my first choice

I imagine the WLH is like the Seth Lover set but probably a little brighter and with a tad more output but I have yet to try it myself.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by dannyalcatraz

The techs won't steer you wrong.

They may, however, be biased.

Yeah, that's the thing to remember- no-one knows a company's products like someone who works for that company, but they're probably not going to suggest you try out competitors' products, either. As long as you realise that, and read any advice from any company bearing that in mind, you can get excellent advice from companies.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?