Page 1 of 2
Hey, you know what? Muhammad Ali is a living thing. He beats on things. Does that make him sound more emotional than a machine?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
He beats em hard too. Strong emotion. Much living.

Machines are so cold, I mean if that's what you're into...
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
I haven't watched the video, but yeah Muhammad Ali is a right racist scumbag. It really annoys me when people hold him up as an civil rights icon.

My girlfriend's sister is mixed race, and I remember her once wearing a Muhammad Ali t-shirt around the house. I just thought "if it was up to him, you wouldn't exist".

He's just an example of the complete wrong way to fight racism. He's not against racial inequality because he thinks the colour of your skin shouldn't matter, he just wants to empower black people.

EDIT: Yeah that's one of the videos I'd seen. Absolute twat.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Jun 1, 2014,
I don't 100% agree with him, but at the same time I don't 100% disagree with him.
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Well yes of course it's racism. Whether you agree or disagree with him doesn't change that.
Quote by Duffman123
Well yes of course it's racism. Whether you agree or disagree with him doesn't change that.

This does not answer my question at all

Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
I mean yeah my answer wasn't in depth but you didn't ask for an in depth answer lol

He's preaching racial purity, what else needs to be said. Guess who else advocated racial purity? That's right kids, Hitler. Parkinson comes out way better in that interview.
He's arguing for racial segregation because he wants races to be pure. He thinks that no right-minded white person would want their children marrying non-whites, and similarly for black people. I don't know how anyone could say he wasn't a massive racist.
I can see where he's coming from.

If someone was to hold these views as a personal preference (I.E. As a black person, prefers to sleep with black partners, prefers urban r'n'b opposed to country, prefers fried chicken opposed to fried rice and black bean beef etc...) then it's not necessarily all that racist, or at the very least isn't bigoted, and I can't really see anything at all wrong with that. They subscribe to particular cultural traits which may or may not peculiar or stereotypical of a race.

However, the parts where this view is being imposed on other, free minded individuals (who may be black americans that prefer white partners, Irish stew, and Nascar...) are most seriously offensive.
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by S-Gsus
I can see where he's coming from.

If someone was to hold these views as a personal preference (I.E. As a black person, prefers to sleep with black partners, prefers urban r'n'b opposed to country, prefers fried chicken opposed to fried rice and black bean beef etc...) then it's not necessarily all that racist, or at the very least isn't bigoted, and I can't really see anything at all wrong with that. They subscribe to particular cultural traits which may or may not peculiar or stereotypical of a race.

However, the parts where this view is being imposed on other, free minded individuals (who may be black americans that prefer white partners, Irish stew, and Nascar...) are most seriously offensive.

Your ethnic stereotyping game is strong.
I like the way he qualifies everything he says with "any intelligent person would believe..." as if someone who gets repeatedly punched in the head for a living is any kind of authority on what intelligent people would think
The definition of racism is to imply that one race is better than an other, and I don't think that Ali does in this video.

Doesn't make it any less stupid...
This interview was 33 years ago, so if anything we should be concluding that Ali 'was' racist back then (which isn't even very surprising given the circumstances). I've seen more recent interviews where it's pretty clear that he has altered his views.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Duffman123
Your ethnic stereotyping game is strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKXn-1v75Gg

Fast forward to about 10:30 (or watch the whole thing, it is kinda rad.)

But this is all I've got to go off for my understanding of ethnic diversity so if you could, please enlighten me
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
He's an asshole anyway, I remember watching a Thrilla in Manilla documentary and he was such dick, I'll never know why people look up to him.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I'll never know why people look up to him.

because he was always knocking people down haha
Quote by lemmyisgod97
He's an asshole anyway, I remember watching a Thrilla in Manilla documentary and he was such dick, I'll never know why people look up to him.

Most people looked up to Ali because he had knocked them down to the canvas.

EDIT: Damn it, Duffman.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
How fast people forget the USA was segregated until 1964. That was JUST 50 YEARS AGO. Most of his life his family and friends were drinking from the colored water fountains along with all the Asians, Middle Eastern, and Native Americans. All the good stuff was White Only at the time.

He was just considered "another black entertainer" to most of white America in that era. He has a reason to be angry in his own way. Nothing wrong with what he said as long as he doesn't go OJ on white folks

I find it hilarious white's call him racist with the laws the government forced him to live by growing up. OF COURSE!
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 1, 2014,
y u n0 wassist?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

white people are the real victims
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
white people are the real victims

I know right. With the Asian's and Middle Eastern people doing far better on average in education and $$$ in the US than whites.

Here is a funny statistic though... "Mentally ******ed/impared" children in the US graduate at a much higher rate than the black population. I guess I'm racist for pointing that out,
white people are a minority in britain now
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
white people are a minority in britain now

You know things are messed up when the BNP accuses other people(specifically UKIP) of being racist.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by cheesefries
How fast people forget the USA was segregated until 1964. That was JUST 50 YEARS AGO. Most of his life his family and friends were drinking from the colored water fountains along with all the Asians, Middle Eastern, and Native Americans. All the good stuff was White Only at the time.

He was just considered "another black entertainer" to most of white America in that era. He has a reason to be angry in his own way. Nothing wrong with what he said as long as he doesn't go OJ on white folks

I find it hilarious white's call him racist with the laws the government forced him to live by growing up. OF COURSE!

So you are essentially arguing that racism justifies racism. Good one.
Quote by cheesefries

I don't understand your point. He lived in a racist culture, so it's fine that he's racist?

From the sounds of it he'd be in support of the racial segregation of the time really...
if everyone completely stopped talking about racism for two generations, removed the need to put race on official government form and job applications, got rid of organizations that push 'equal opportunity employment' in a racial sense, etc, racism would almost completely disappear. Sadly, this is not the world we live in and will likely never be.
ali suspended the greatest boxing career in history so he could go to federal prison after refusing to fight a war for a country that did not respect his race.

if turning him into a hero means erasing his bad side then don't turn him into a hero. but at least respect his good side.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by kaup
if everyone completely stopped talking about racism for two generations, removed the need to put race on official government form and job applications, got rid of organizations that push 'equal opportunity employment' in a racial sense, etc, racism would almost completely disappear. Sadly, this is not the world we live in and will likely never be.

ohmy****inggod
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Eastwinn
ali suspended the greatest boxing career in history so he could go to federal prison after refusing to fight a war for a country that did not respect his race.

if turning him into a hero means erasing his bad side then don't turn him into a hero. but at least respect his good side.

That's the problem though: he wasn't against the treatment of black people because he thought race shouldn't matter and that we were all the same, he was against the treatment of black people because he very much cared about racial differences and just thought black people deserved more.

If you're going to praise him for how he helped the civil rights cause, it's worth questioning why. I don't think we should be make a hero of someone who did the right thing for completely the wrong reasons.
this is certainly not "racist" in the typical offensive connotation. the only offensive part to me is within his first few sentences where he presumptuously qualifies his opinion with "any intelligent blah blah blah in his or her right mind." remove that, and it's just him expressing an honest and reasonable opinion.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by MadClownDisease
That's the problem though: he wasn't against the treatment of black people because he thought race shouldn't matter and that we were all the same, he was against the treatment of black people because he very much cared about racial differences and just thought black people deserved more.

If you're going to praise him for how he helped the civil rights cause, it's worth questioning why. I don't think we should be make a hero of someone who did the right thing for completely the wrong reasons.

a lot of civil rights leaders saw black and white people as entirely different but believed black people deserved as much as white people. but my point was that if you can't acknowledge him as hero without forgetting his bad side, then don't do that. you have to take historical figures in whole.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Page 1 of 2