Whats the cheapest way to record?
Is irig good?
I still need to have a good amp to record well right?
Cheapest? If you have an iphone get irig and garageband app. No amp needed.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by fly135
Find the cheapest mulitfx with USB.

This.

I have a Digitech RP355 and it came with a Cubase LE4. Not the best multi FX and not the cheapest but gets the job done.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Go to the recordings forum & read the stickies. The cheapest recommendation can be had for under a tenner.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'd say the cheapest ways to record independently would be as follows:

- Put a tape recorder in your room while you play through your rig. (lol)

Given you have a computer and decent music software I'd say to go one of these directions

- Find a mic suited to what you're trying to record, short mic stand, and something like the Presonus Audiobox. Just mic your rig directly and fiddle with the mic placement, volume, etc

- Try looking into Line 6 PODs / Eleven Rack / Axe Fx to record directly with a wide range of choices in digital models of amps, cabs, pedals, etc